Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump may refuse to leave office. At noon on Jan. 20, 2021 or 2025; the new president takes the oath. Trump can't stop that.  The new president will then give the order to forcibly remove Trump from the White House. 

It would be a shame were the Secret Service to use excessive force.

28 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

It would be a shame were the Secret Service to use excessive force.

He’s not just gonna say I’m not leaving. There will be court cases filed injunctive relief requested while the states review results. Then those can be disputed etc.  I’m telling you it’s gonna be a mess.  

4 hours ago, Larry said:

1)  All this talk about "He's going to refuse to leave office" wasn't funny with the previous two Presidents, either.  

2)  If he does refuse to leave the White House, just wait till the next weekend.  

Well, to be fair to the last two presidents,,  the talk of Obama was the usual terrorism by the right wing media, and any talk of W was silly,, for all his faults, one never had any cause to doubt his allegiance to this country.

Trump on the other hand has shown nothing but contempt for law, contempt for the constitution and there are very real concerns he is not only a traitor, but an actual puppet installed by an enemy nation through widespread electoral fraud.

It won't be funny at all when it happens. But name me a single thing he's done to indicate he won't scream FAKE at any result that doesn't favor him and I will find you plenty of instances where he dropped hints that his status as President should become permanent.

~Bang

9 minutes ago, Bang said:

Well, to be fair to the last two presidents,,  the talk of Obama was the usual terrorism by the right wing media, and any talk of W was silly,, for all his faults, one never had any cause to doubt his allegiance to this country.

You are referring to the same W I am?  The one claiming that the constitution doesn't apply to (insert laundry list of excuses)?  Who ordered a US citizen disappeared from US soil and heald for two years without trial, charges, or a lawyer? The one who got elected by successfully preventing election officials from complying with Florida election law?   

I mean, granted, compared to Trump, he doesn't look as bad.  But let's not forget, either.  

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

🤦🏾‍♂️

Let's say there isn't a single Republican vote.  

Let's say that we produce records, of multiple phone conversations, by Donald Trump himself, diverting government funds, and using that diversion to try to bully the head of a foreign government (a country which is currently being invaded by the Russian army), into creating a fake investigation that he can't even get his own crooked DOJ to look into any more (because they already checked it out once, and got "complete exhoneration".)

And every single Republican in both houses of congress votes that they're OK with that.  

Is that really a political loss for the Dems?  Is Nancy really afraid that that scenario hurts her Party?  

I think what kills me about this situation is we just spent 2 years investigating whether Trump sought foreign intervention in out election. At the end of it, the conclusion was he did lots of shady stuff which might be grounds for impeachment, but in the end there was no proof he asked for help.

FF a couple months, we now have people saying he asked for help from a country under siege that needs him to approve aid. What's more he admits he did it and says," and what's wrong with me asking them for something to help my election chances?"

Seriously dems, stop being cute about this. Replay all the Republicans saying they see nothing saying he asked Russia to help. Then impeach him on just this. Use the KISS method.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID. Don't make it comicated or let him do 20 more lesser offenses to take the attention off this. Just use this.

TWA, knowing your lobg term Republican creds, I would be curious to hear your truthful take on this and if you think your opinion would be the same regardless of the party of the president. Is this much ado about nothing existing only in a liberal echo chamber?

3 hours ago, gbear said:

TWA, knowing your lobg term Republican creds, I would be curious to hear your truthful take on this and if you think your opinion would be the same regardless of the party of the president. Is this much ado about nothing existing only in a liberal echo chamber?

I think even twa has been backing away from this steaming pile of presidency, for a while now.

But I do also think that there are some Republican strategists who think that the best way to get the president reelected is to hope that the blue wave and their outrage over the president is overshadowed and outnumbered by Trumpsters coming out to the polls to defend "their guy" against a liberal plot.  The fear of this has been whats been keeping Pelosi playing **** for a while on impeachment.  What she doesnt understand is that that's boat's already sailed.  This election is very much gonna be about Trump, about impeachment.  Its not gonna be about policieis, its not gonna be about immigration, its not gonna be about anything but Trump v. world -- which Republican strategists will niftly convince a certain percentage of the population that its "us v. the world" because somehow Donald Trump represents whiteness. 

On 9/21/2019 at 6:58 AM, Larry said:

1)  All this talk about "He's going to refuse to leave office" wasn't funny with the previous two Presidents, either.  

2)  If he does refuse to leave the White House, just wait till the next weekend.  

Want my prediction... he’s going to say it was all rigged just like he was saying when he thought he was going to lose the last election and just like he’s been saying that the Russia investigation was an illegal coup and just like he said Obama was illegally spying on him, etc., etc.

The entire GOP will endorse his bull**** just like they’ve been doing.

The right wing media will continue to spread their bull**** hate and fear and lies just like they’ve been doing.

Some idiotic, radicalized, mouth breathing morons are going to kill people.

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Want my prediction... he’s going to say it was all rigged just like he was saying when he thought he was going to lose the last election and just like he’s been saying that the Russia investigation was an illegal coup and just like he said Obama was illegally spying on him, etc., etc.

The entire GOP will endorse his bull**** just like they’ve been doing.

The right wing media will continue to spread their bull**** hate and fear and lies just like they’ve been doing.

Some idiotic, radicalized, mouth breathing morons are going to kill people.

And ursoid creatures will defecate in arboreal regions. 

10 hours ago, gbear said:

I'd be fine with impeaching him or reelecting him.

by this you mean threatening to withhold aid to get your desires? :pint:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/436816-joe-bidens-2020-ukrainian-nightmare-a-closed-probe-is-revived

In his own words, with video cameras rolling, Biden described how he threatened Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in March 2016 that the Obama administration would pull $1 billion in U.S. loan guarantees, sending the former Soviet republic toward insolvency, if it didn’t immediately fire Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin.

“I said, ‘You’re not getting the billion.’ I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,’” Biden recalled telling Poroshenko.

31 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

David Pakman says that all the time...we're gonna have to beat them at the ballot box. It's true. 

Yup.  The folks that are pushing hardest for impeachment are the same folks that walked out of the DNC, that voted Libertarian, that spent the last 3 months painting Biden as a child molester.  They want a Hail Mary to take the stink off of em...and who could blame em?!?  Bless their little hearts...

A solid turnout in November 2020 is a far better outcome for the country than anything Nancy Pelosi can come up with right now.

I think the difference is one threatening to withold aid unless they did something in their country impacting their country. It wasnt demanding they do something to help him personally. 

What's more, what happens if they do the investigation (again) and nothing comes of it? Could they expect to be able to report everything is above board and have Trump suddenly allow the aid?  Would you trust Trump for that aid? What it appears to come down to is "find something on the family of my opponent. Whether it is real or not, I expect you to use your resources to help me get elected or I am making sure you dont get aid...then the people who have been my good friends will benefit at your expense." 

13 minutes ago, gbear said:

I think the difference is one threatening to withold aid unless they did something in their country impacting their country. It wasnt demanding they do something to help him personally. 

He already knew that. He just says ****.

Side note, you should change your screen name to gursoidcreature.

15 minutes ago, gbear said:

There are accusations it benefitted Biden personally....most certainly his family.

of course accusations are like Sacks posts at times.

58 minutes ago, twa said:

by this you mean threatening to withhold aid to get your desires? :pint:

"Look!  If you just ignore the fact that Trump's desire was to get a foreign government to generate a false narrative, to prop up the false narrative that even his hand picked partisans won't push any more, so the foreign government will help his election, then what he's confessed to becomes less illegal!"

Archived