Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Highest civilian honor.  But, apparently, civility is not required to be eligible.

Implies there is no other civilian honor as high and there is. The Congressional Gold medal has equal footing.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

They encourage self moderation here. 

You actually believe that?????

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Attempted addition by subtraction. 

(Subtracting you from making worthless points.  But I've said my piece.  Hopefully you consider it in the future.)

It wasn't a worthless point I was correcting an inaccuracy. 

5 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Implies their is no other civilian honor as high and there is. The Congressional Gold medal has equal footing.

The word "highest" does not specify the lack of a tie.  

5 minutes ago, nonniey said:

It wasn't a worthless point I was correcting an inaccuracy. 

8 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Implies their is no other civilian honor as high and there is. The Congressional Gold medal has equal footing.

Right you are.  In fact I would argue, given how the most recent awarding of the Presidential Medal has degraded its value, the Congressional Gold is probably a higher honor, at least for now.

17 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Right you are.  In fact I would argue, given how the most recent awarding of the Presidential Medal has degraded its value, the Congressional Gold is probably a higher honor, at least for now.

I concur not only with that but I'd argue since the Gold medal is older and harder to attain it is the higher civilian honor (not officially of course).  

Mitt Romney:

“He’s the leader of my party. He’s the president of the United States. I voted with him 80 percent of the time. I agree with his economic policies and a lot of other policies. And yet he did something which was grievously wrong. And to say, well, you know, because I’m on his team and I agree with him most of the time, that I should then assent to a political motive, would be a real stain on our constitutional democracy.”

Good for you, Senator.

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

As much as I disagreed with many aspects of GWB's presidency, that wasn't this.  This is something out of a bad dystopian tale.

Mostly referring to "worst case was Romney or McCain".  We'd already had one worse than that.  

Y'all thought, after W, things would have to get better.  

Archived