• Blog Entries

    • By Destino in ES Coverage
         1
      We’re still doing this?  Absolutely!  Despite all the compelling reasons to just let everyone go home and enjoy and extended offseason, this is not an option.  The games must be played, and therefore we the long-suffering fans will feel compelled to watch.  Even games no reasonable football fan would choose to watch like, for example, today’s Redskins Jets game.   

      Today’s convergence of sadness features the 30th ranked scoring offense (Jets 14.4 ppg) versus the 32nd (Redskins 12.0 ppg).  The first team to 15 wins!  With no playoff aspirations the compelling story lines for this game are largely limited to watching young players (hopefully) develop.  Dwayne Haskins gets his first home start and Derrius Guice is back from injury.   
       
      My, reasonable, goals for today’s game:  
      1- Score a touchdown 
      2- Score more than 17 points.   
      3- Haskins throws for 200 yards or more with no interceptions  
      4- Guice runs the ball at least 10 times and finishes at 3.5 yards per carry and healthy.  
       
      Hoping for a win at this point feels like setting myself up for disappointment, so I’m happy to settle for an entertaining loss.  
       
      Special thanks to @pez for some excellent Guinness beef stew.  If you absolutely have to stand in a frozen parking lot at 9am, the best place to do it is at the Extremeskins Tailgate with Pez and @Huly.  Great fans, great people. 
       
      The Redskins have declared for the following players as inactive: 
      Paul Richardson  
      Colt McCoy 
      Deshazor Everett 
      Chris Thompson  
      Ross Pierschbacher 
      Vernon Davis  
      Tim Settle  
       
      The Jets declared the following players as inactive  
      Nate Hairston  
      Darryl Roberts  
      Paul Worrilow 
      Matthias Farley  
      CJ Mosley  
      Jordan Willis  
      Leo Koloamatangi 
       
      1st Quarter - Redskins 0 - 6 Jets
      If you wanted to sit in the cold and watch a football game with some Jets fans at FedEx, but were worried that there were not enough seats available, I have good news.  There’s plenty of space available, so come on down and prove you’re a real fan by sitting though this in person.
       
      Jets dominated the 1st quarter even though they only scored 6 points.  The reason being that Washington managed only 13 yards of offense and a single first down.  
       
      Question: Is it still a check down pass if the QB never looks at anyone else?
       
      2nd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      The Jets have achieved an insurmountable 13 point lead early in the 2nd quarter.  All hope is lost.

      Is there a more perfect example of the Redskins offense than their first scoring drive in the 2nd quarter?  Interception gives the Redskins the ball on the Jets 16 yard line.  They proceed to march 10 yards backwards before kicking a field goal from the Jets 26.  It's perfect.  Two or three more field goals we can call it a day. 

      The Jets score again and if feels like they are are just piling on at this point.  Three touchdowns in the first half for them, just three points for the redskins.  Our streak of no touchdowns has now extended to 15 quarters. 
       
      3rd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      There is a spider slowly descending from the ceiling in the press box and it's the most interesting thing that's happened during the third quarter of this game. 
       
      I have decided to allow the spider to live, provided it does not touch me.  I'm off to get some more caffeine. 

      4th Quarter - Redskins 17 - 34 Jets
      The first wave of Redskins fans, the few that are here, started streaming towards the exits after that 4th Jets touchdown.  As if the Jets didn't have this game wrapped up in the 2nd quarter. 
       
      Jet have now more than doubled their average points per game and have matched their season high of 34 points (and they missed two field goals in this game). 
       
      TOUCHDOWN REDSKINS!  THE DROUGHT IT OVER!  Guice took a short pass from Haskins  all the way to the house.  2 point conversion is successful on a pass from Haskins to Quinn. 
       
      The Redskins score another touchdown!  This feels like an embarrassment of riches, even if we are still certain to lose this game. 
       
      End of Game.
       
      Let's review those reasonable goals I mentioned earlier:
       
      1- Success.
      2- Close enough, I'm counting it
      3- Haskins did throw for over 200, but unfortunately did have an interception. 
      4- Guice was not given the opportunity to run the ball ten times today.  He did however score on a 45 yard TD pass and finish the game healthy.  I'll take it.
       
      Even though the Redskins lost, it was good to see the offense show some faint signs of life and end the streak of games without a TD.  The team looked competitive for much of the second half, and perhaps they could have made this a fun game if they carried that same energy throughout.  It was good to see Guice and Mclaurin show out today.  I think both of them have a future with this team that I look forward to seeing. 

       
       

       
       
       
       
       
No Excuses

The Impeachment Thread

Impeachment  

172 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?



Recommended Posts

Impeachment is the only way you make sure that no Republican is able to absolve themselves of blame in the coming years when Trump inevitably is looked at as the worst politician in modern history. Because just like Paul Ryan and the ilk who departed this sinking ship, a lot of these people are going to pretend that they did their best and super duper resisted Trump and his abuse of power.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My prediction is the the House will impeach the president and then eff it up by muddying the waters with the Mueller probe data (They should keep it simple and just use the Ukrainian scandal).  Senate won't (and really can't) convict, as it would destroy the Republican party. Possibly (depending on how bad the House effs it up) a few to a handful of Republican Senators will vote to convict (Romney and ?).

Edited by nonniey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

If they do announce impeachment proceedings today it will be after the 4pm Dem Caucus.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nonniey said:

My prediction is the the House will impeach the president and then eff it up by muddying the waters with the Mueller probe data (They should keep it simple and just use the Ukrainian scandal).  Senate won't (and really can't) convict, as it would destroy the Republican party. Possibly (depending on how bad the House effs it up) a few to a handful of Republican Senators will vote to convict (Romney and ?).

 

This is the straw that broke the camels back but there should be multiple articles of impeachment filed for Ukraine, obstruction of justice, emoluments and all the other bull**** 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

This is the straw that broke the camels back but there should be multiple articles of impeachment filed for Ukraine, obstruction of justice, emoluments and all the other bull**** 

Like I said I predict the house will follow your plan and muddy up the waters maybe even enough help him get reelected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Like I said I predict the house will follow your plan and muddy up the waters maybe even enough help him get reelected. 

Not sure how presenting more evidence of him breaking the law helps him get re-elected. That's an odd way to look at it

 

The problem isn't more evidence, its how dems have chosen to VERY weakly present the evidence so far. Impeachment investigation should help with that. They just need to present it the right way, like here's the 30 ways the president has broken the law

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Not sure how presenting more evidence of him breaking the law helps him get re-elected. That's an odd way to look at it

 

The problem isn't more evidence, its how dems have chosen to VERY weakly present the evidence so far. Impeachment investigation should help with that. They just need to present it the right way, like here's the 30 ways the president has broken the law

If you present weak evidence (and the Muller investigation is very weak sauce) it will undermine strong evidence - ie muddy the waters.  Frankly I'm pretty sure the conduct of the last couple of years by the resistance and the Dems will act as an inoculation that protects the President somewhat from his own stupidity. 

Edited by nonniey
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

An interesting counter punch.

 

But we must remember, reports on the whistleblower complaint state it was across a number of calls.

 

My guess is that this one specific call is sufficiently sanitized that they think they can blunt attacks if they release it.

 

Meanwhile, the complaint, along witb State department communications and communications to Rudy are important to get too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nonniey said:

If you present weak evidence (and the Muller investigation is very weak sauce) it will undermine strong evidence - ie muddy the waters.  Frankly I'm pretty sure the conduct of the last couple of years by the resistance and the Dems will act as an inoculation that protects the President somewhat from his own stupidity. 

the mueller report was not weak evidence at all. he basically said that he broke the law but can't indict a sitting president. how it was presented was very weak, but there is a lot of strong evidence in there to impeach a president

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

the mueller report was not weak evidence at all. he basically said that he broke the law but can't indict a sitting president. how it was presented was very weak, but there is a lot of strong evidence in there to impeach a president

That is wishful thinking. But like I said pretty sure the Dems are going to eff this up by doing exactly what many of your think is a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all for impeachment, but I don't see how this Ukraine scandal is the last straw...unless I've become immune to the Trump administration's corruption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chances are Trump's team is releasing a random call.   It has already been stated that the whistleblower is referring to things heard over a number of calls, but sure, go ahead and believe Trump is actually releasing transcripts of everything he said on this issue. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nonniey said:

That is wishful thinking. But like I said pretty sure the Dems are going to eff this up by doing exactly what many of your think is a good idea.

If it gets effed up, it will be because half the country is dumber than ****.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

 

 

Yup.

 

This is the problem with basing something off what Trump says. 

 

As for Ukraine, Trump can say he withheld or didnt withhold for any reason. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And when the select committee calls for testimony and documents, if not produced, these people need to be held in Contempt of Congress. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now