Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

Impeachment is the only way you make sure that no Republican is able to absolve themselves of blame in the coming years when Trump inevitably is looked at as the worst politician in modern history. Because just like Paul Ryan and the ilk who departed this sinking ship, a lot of these people are going to pretend that they did their best and super duper resisted Trump and his abuse of power.

My prediction is the the House will impeach the president and then eff it up by muddying the waters with the Mueller probe data (They should keep it simple and just use the Ukrainian scandal).  Senate won't (and really can't) convict, as it would destroy the Republican party. Possibly (depending on how bad the House effs it up) a few to a handful of Republican Senators will vote to convict (Romney and ?).

22 minutes ago, nonniey said:

My prediction is the the House will impeach the president and then eff it up by muddying the waters with the Mueller probe data (They should keep it simple and just use the Ukrainian scandal).  Senate won't (and really can't) convict, as it would destroy the Republican party. Possibly (depending on how bad the House effs it up) a few to a handful of Republican Senators will vote to convict (Romney and ?).

This is the straw that broke the camels back but there should be multiple articles of impeachment filed for Ukraine, obstruction of justice, emoluments and all the other bull**** 

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is the straw that broke the camels back but there should be multiple articles of impeachment filed for Ukraine, obstruction of justice, emoluments and all the other bull**** 

Like I said I predict the house will follow your plan and muddy up the waters maybe even enough help him get reelected. 

14 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Like I said I predict the house will follow your plan and muddy up the waters maybe even enough help him get reelected. 

Not sure how presenting more evidence of him breaking the law helps him get re-elected. That's an odd way to look at it

The problem isn't more evidence, its how dems have chosen to VERY weakly present the evidence so far. Impeachment investigation should help with that. They just need to present it the right way, like here's the 30 ways the president has broken the law

10 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Not sure how presenting more evidence of him breaking the law helps him get re-elected. That's an odd way to look at it

The problem isn't more evidence, its how dems have chosen to VERY weakly present the evidence so far. Impeachment investigation should help with that. They just need to present it the right way, like here's the 30 ways the president has broken the law

If you present weak evidence (and the Muller investigation is very weak sauce) it will undermine strong evidence - ie muddy the waters.  Frankly I'm pretty sure the conduct of the last couple of years by the resistance and the Dems will act as an inoculation that protects the President somewhat from his own stupidity. 

An interesting counter punch.

But we must remember, reports on the whistleblower complaint state it was across a number of calls.

My guess is that this one specific call is sufficiently sanitized that they think they can blunt attacks if they release it.

Meanwhile, the complaint, along witb State department communications and communications to Rudy are important to get too.

7 minutes ago, nonniey said:

If you present weak evidence (and the Muller investigation is very weak sauce) it will undermine strong evidence - ie muddy the waters.  Frankly I'm pretty sure the conduct of the last couple of years by the resistance and the Dems will act as an inoculation that protects the President somewhat from his own stupidity. 

the mueller report was not weak evidence at all. he basically said that he broke the law but can't indict a sitting president. how it was presented was very weak, but there is a lot of strong evidence in there to impeach a president

34 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

the mueller report was not weak evidence at all. he basically said that he broke the law but can't indict a sitting president. how it was presented was very weak, but there is a lot of strong evidence in there to impeach a president

That is wishful thinking. But like I said pretty sure the Dems are going to eff this up by doing exactly what many of your think is a good idea.

Archived