Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

I am not sure if all other witnesses will act like Lewandowski, but it was clear that he went into the hearing yesterday knowing he had Trump's backing when it came to any kind of legal fallout for his stonewalling.  Lewandowski had no fear of stonewalling, not answering anything he didn't feel like answering, and outright lying during his testimony. I believe the option of holding him in contempt for all of that came up exactly once, and Nadler said "I'll take it under advisement."

If that is how the rest of the hearing will go with the other witnesses, then it is just a big waste of time.

Look, we all know that as things escalate, Barr will do everything in his power to permit all of this, not to mention pardons will come their ways very  likely if they are charged with anything.  However.....SO WHAT?   Force their hand on this stuff, so it all goes on the record in front of the public that Trump & Barr are working in unison to prevent information from the public.   Expose their obstruction and force them to perform it out in the open.  As it stands now the Dems are merely trying to go about this by shaming people who have no shame about what they have done and continue to do. That isn't going to work.

53 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am not sure if all other witnesses will act like Lewandowski, but it was clear that he went into the hearing yesterday knowing he had Trump's backing when it came to any kind of legal fallout for his stonewalling.  Lewandowski had no fear of stonewalling, not answering anything he didn't feel like answering, and outright lying during his testimony. I believe the option of holding him in contempt for all of that came up exactly once, and Nadler said "I'll take it under advisement."

If that is how the rest of the hearing will go with the other witnesses, then it is just a big waste of time.

Look, we all know that as things escalate, Barr will do everything in his power to permit all of this, not to mention pardons will come their ways very  likely if they are charged with anything.  However.....SO WHAT?   Force their hand on this stuff, so it all goes on the record in front of the public that Trump & Barr are working in unison to prevent information from the public.   Expose their obstruction and force them to perform it out in the open.  As it stands now the Dems are merely trying to go about this by shaming people who have no shame about what they have done and continue to do. That isn't going to work.

Well the whole fact that Trump is telling people to disregard congressional subpoenas during an investigation into Trump, is in itself an impeachable offense... You can't pardon people for breaking the law when it comes to investigations into yourself. We've been over this already ha

My hope is that maybe that was the whole point of this testimony in the 1st place.. to add to a huge book of impeachable offenses theyre going to drop as one album

Well part of the problem with this process dragging out is that it is likely going to run into the general election season.  Then the Dems will be even more conflicted on how to proceed.  They took their feet off the gas pedal, and it may be too late to salvage it, unless the bigger plan is to impeach Trump into a hypothetical 2nd term.  Or expose enough evidence to go after private citizen Trump should he lose in 2020.

15 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Well part of the problem with this process dragging out is that it is likely going to run into the general election season.  Then the Dems will be even more conflicted on how to proceed.  They took their feet off the gas pedal, and it may be too late to salvage it, unless the bigger plan is to impeach Trump into a hypothetical 2nd term.  Or expose enough evidence to go after private citizen Trump should he lose in 2020.

There is no master plan at work here. The old vanguard of the Democratic Party is full of spineless losers. Republicans have been giving them wedgies and swirlies for at least four decades and it seems to have taken some kind of a psychological toll.

There is no will to fight, fair or dirty, and if you can't make the case for corruption against Donald F'ing Trump, then it's worth asking why you deserve anyone's votes.

Keeping in mind who the democrats are targeting, and who they’re not; they’re interested in anyone that isn’t a trump supporter... (we’ve all written them off as a lost cause)

The dems have painted themselves into a weird corner where their call to action for a general election is basically:

you, general public, must vote for us because the republicans, and Trump specifically, are corrupt and incompetent and dangerous for the country. So you must vote for us, the group that has power to do something about it now but doesn’t have the collective stones to actually do it. So it’s on you, general public, to vote for us, the group that won’t do anything even though we could. 

It’s not really a good call to action. 

Impeachment would be a disaster.

Trump and the GOP will just drag the country through a ridiculous spectacle that will fire up their base for 2020. 

The left has no ability to sell impeachment to the country or counter the right's propaganda.

7 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Trump and the GOP will just drag the country through a ridiculous spectacle that will fire up their base for 2020. 

The left has no ability to sell impeachment to the country or counter the right's propaganda.

The spectacle is gonna have to happen at some point.  If the Dems win the election he's

not just gonna concede.  He will fight it in court claim voter fraud and try to get it in front of his stacked supreme court.  That will be the test will the court do what's right or what they were put there to do??   

1 hour ago, Mooka said:

Thats probably true. 

Either way I think they need to get on the same page and proceed. It isn’t a good look now, but honestly not sure now matter. How they look end of next summer probably does. 

1 hour ago, HOF44 said:

The spectacle is gonna have to happen at some point.  If the Dems win the election he's

not just gonna concede.  He will fight it in court claim voter fraud and try to get it in front of his stacked supreme court.  That will be the test will the court do what's right or what they were put there to do??   

Alternative theory I’ve been mulling:

he’ll happily leave and for the next however many years go on tv and tweet using the convenient excuse of: you didn’t give me time to see the policies through, and that’s why things are all messed up

but so far my theories on trump have been

he’ll quit cause he doesn’t want the job

republicans will join in impeaching him because they don’t want him and would rather have pence

so I’m probably wrong again. 

Archived