Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

3 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

They should start hearings, televise them, show the voters that these people around Trump are taking the Fifth Amendment to protect themselves and Trump. Every day that the House is in session, there should be a public hearing, just like Watergate. 

Trouble is they will just ignore subpoenas, the justice dept will do nothing, and the supreme court will back Trump. 

I don't get it. How can you play the "both sides, I am apathetic game" when we have the worst President in our lifetime.

What other administration has had so many convictions of high level campaign officials? What other President has been as overtly racist and done more to damage America's standing?

He still won't release tax returns. He cares so little about truth, justice, and American democracy not to menton the 4th estate. Lock her up, send them back, crush the media.

And this is ok?!?!!!?!

59 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I don't get it. How can you play the "both sides, I am apathetic game" when we have the worst President in our lifetime.

What other administration has had so many convictions of high level campaign officials? What other President has been as overtly racist and done more to damage America's standing?

He still won't release tax returns. He cares so little about truth, justice, and American democracy not to menton the 4th estate. Lock her up, send them back, crush the media.

And this is ok?!?!!!?!

Because the Democratic leadership won't lead.

Its time for us to get off our butts and stop waiting for a superhero.

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

And this is ok?!?!!!?!

Murica decided it was cool with having a king and they chose donald ****ing trump to wear the crown.

To channel the great O-Dogg: America,"you acting like a little **** right now"

It’s worth asking if any of this is even worth saving. This pretty much summarized the media and it’s coverage. Nothing has changed since 2016. Drama is everything, substance is nothing. 

Rather than Trump being a shock to the system, the media has decided it will continue treating politics like reality TV and Democratic leadership still thinks that playing the role of House chickens is the best way to fight a dumb bully. 

45 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Democratic leadership still thinks that playing the role of House chickens is the best way to fight a dumb bully. 

I blame not only Dem leadership but EVERY Dem that isn't out there beating the drum for impeachment on a daily basis.   

EDIT:  I said in one of the other threads that during the 2018 election the only true litmus test I held for a candidate was if they were a Trump supporter, they didn't get my vote.  This election I will add how forcefully were they pushing impeachment.  

Disappointed that even in MD only one Representative has come out in favor of impeachment. I can see why Hoyer and Cummings playing close to Pelosi but all these other folks need to sack up. Aggravated calling my congressman's office and getting some generic cookie cutter answer. What's the political calculation in a state where Trump got 33% of the vote?

58 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Nancy Pelosi doesn't know a ****ing thing about leadership or duty.

Completely idiotic but that’s what you get from a group of people who poll test everything. 

The fundamental difference between how Rs govern and Ds govern is that Republicans have time and time again gone against public opinion, fought tough and most of the time dirty, and managed to shift views or conversations far enough to the right by not backing down. 

The Democratic Party governs by first seeing what public opinion is and then completely ignoring any tough political battles that might involve debate, making a case to the people and going on the attack.

At this point, I don’t blame the people who hate Trump but can’t pull the lever for Democrats. They aren’t going to fight for anything when in power. And the fundamental mistakes that led to Trump are not being addressed so it’s quite likely that someone far more competent but as corrupt as him will assume power eventually. 

From January 2018 to November, I was donating 10% of my monthly income to Democrats running tough races around the country through ActBlue. As of today, I am not donating a penny to the party of spineless chickens. 

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

House leadership is just awful at messaging and has no desire to fight a tough battle and make a case to the public. A bunch of nerds with pocket squares gently begging Satan to take it easy on their bums. 

That’s because all they care about is keeping their seats. They aren’t even interested in doing anything significant.

They are shook.

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The Democratic Party governs by first seeing what public opinion is and then completely ignoring any tough political battles that might involve debate, making a case to the people and going on the attack.

They don't know how to lead.  The American public is a big dumb animal and it needs to be led.  You can either lead it to water, or lead it to the slaughterhouse like Republicans do.  Republicans have no problems ruling as elites while messaging/rallying/propagandizing to the level of partisanship and stupidity of their base.  Well, Democrats have a bigger base.  I'm part of their big dumb partisan base and I am begging for honest to God leadership.  Not cowardly abdication.

Tired of being "led" by a bunch of people who think hiding behind a ****ing poll is leadership.  Who think it's the public's job to lead them to do their damn duty.  It's past time for career losers like Pelosi and Biden to step down and make way for a leader who will actually do the job of leading progressive politics.

8 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

They are shook.

They’ve been shook ever since civil rights legislation were passed and they have never really recovered. 

The continuing theme of the past 50 years in Washington is elected Democrats getting curb stomped by the GOP every single time a tough political fight is necessary. 

When you don’t fight for your values, eventually people will determine that your values are meaningless and you are full of ****. And they won’t necessarily be wrong. So when Pelosi says “today we learned of the crimes against the constitution committed by this president” and then in the same breath says “no impeachment, it makes it clear that you either don’t really believe the former or are too scared to do anything about it. 

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Democrats listen to polls.

Doesn't seem like it to me.

More than two-thirds of Democratic voters believe Congress should launch impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump, as support in the party rises for kicking off the process, a POLITICO/Morning Consult poll found.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/19/impeachment-democrats-poll-congress-1368158

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Doesn't seem like it to me.

Democratic leadership doesn't like listening to its core supporters. Their winning strategy is to ignore their base, energize Trump's base and attempt the same dumb strategy of looking at where the most low information voters in the country currently stand and then assuming a defensive posture, rather than attempting to influence them.

4 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Democratic leadership doesn't like listening to its core supporters. Their winning strategy is to ignore their base, energize Trump's base and attempt the same dumb strategy of looking at where the most low information voters in the country currently stand and then assuming a defensive posture, rather than attempting to influence them.

Right.  The Dems take their base for granted over and over.  

Polls aside, this is a test for the history books.  When you have a president that actively cheered, invited, and welcomed foreign interference in our election and then obstructed justice by firing the FBI chief, ordering the firing of the special counsel, ordering his subordinates to falsify records, and refusing to be questioned by the investigators, what did the Democratic party, who by the way got voted in on a landslide as a check to that president, do? 

There are seminal moments in a country's history and this is one of them.  It's not important that Trump will never get convicted in the senate.  What's important is that principled politicians take a stand and say this is clearly high crimes and misdemeanor and anyone who committed these acts are unfit for the highest office in the land.  If Democratic House refuses to pass articles of impeachment on craven political calculus, it is an open invitation for every future president to do the same.  Then when people look back in 100 years at the shambles of US democracy, someone will point out, we should have stopped them at Munich.

Then add that over 2/3 of your base supports it, it's a ****ing no brainer.  

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They don't know how to lead.  The American public is a big dumb animal and it needs to be led.  You can either lead it to water, or lead it to the slaughterhouse like Republicans do.  

Best quote I've seen on here income time!!

Archived