Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

Dems are just as responsible for what happens to our country.  And it won't be pretty.  Mueller gave them clear cut proof of a crime.  **** all this show of unity.  The pro-impeachment Dems need to go around calling out their leadership for lack of action.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I don't think they will. Mueller may have moved the needle incrementally, but despite the fact that he said, the President lied, tried to fire people to impede the investigation, did fire people to impede the investigation, falsified documents, counseled others to lie in sworn testimony, and coordinated heavily with Wikileaks who was acting as a foreign agent... I don't think he did enough. There was no WOW moment.

Democrats lack spines.

Republicans lack integrity and love of country.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Dems are just as responsible for what happens to our country.  And it won't be pretty.  Mueller gave them clear cut proof of a crime.  **** all this show of unity.  The pro-impeachment Dems need to go around calling out their leadership for lack of action.

I agree. Even if it is a politically bad idea it would be the right thing to do.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Even if it is a politically bad idea it would be the right thing to do.

If it results in four more years of Trump and Skippy, then is it the right thing to do?

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Make Cummings the Speaker. Maybe he'd have the stones that Pelosi lacks.

Probably need better words, homey lol

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We all should be calling our house reps too. Even if they are Republicans. Show up at town halls and tell them how you feel, etc.

• Haha 1

I know this.  If both our Libertarians and our far-Lefties think it’s an ABSOLUTE MUST, then it’s probably not the best idea.  And that would apply to many, many things beyond impeachment.

That said, if the majority of House Dems lean into it, then you won’t hear me complain.

You can’t make statements like this: 

and then say that impeachment is still off the tables. Old boomer liberals got their clocks cleaned by conservatives over the past several decades and it seems like they are still not tired of getting totally ****ed by repugnant, bad faith assholes.

I'm curious if any other "fence sitters" feel this way, and maybe my feeling will change once I get through the 12 stages of grief, but I don't think I have ever felt less motivated to vote.

Our system is broken, the Dem controlled House is too spineless to do their job, the GOP Senate is too morally bankrupt to do theirs, the judicial branch is too slow for them to matter, etc.  

I'm currently in a status of "**** it, whatever...."

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
Grammar nazi
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm curious if any other "fence sitters" feel this way, and maybe my feeling will change once I get through the 12 stages of grief, but I don't think I have ever felt less motivated to vote.

Our system is broken, the Dem controlled House is too spineless to do their job, the GOP Senate is too morally bankrupt to do theirs, the judicial branch is too slow for them to matter, etc.  

Don't, that's what Trump wants, that's how he wins.

• Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Here’s the far left or maybe libertarian loons from *checks notes*

The Obama Administration and now owners of neoliberal Crooked Media, accurately diagnosing the complete lack of fight amongst the Pelosi-wing of the party:

https://crooked.com/articles/fighting-democratic-party/

Whole article is worth a read. Completely eviscerates Pelosi and other House leaders on their complete failure to take action and hold this entire administration accountable. Awful messaging, lazy work, total detachment from what got them elected into power.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic