Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

33 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Looking forward to seeing the inside of Goodell's home, as he announces the 1st Round picks

I picture it looking like the castle in the bud light commercials.   Goodell definitely has a moat.

With the first pick in the 2020 NFL draft....

bud-light-tapping-ceremony-John-Hoogenakker-e1555653844145.jpg

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

I‘ve been on the Claypool is a tight end train for months. I just don’t know that you can make him TE1 unless you are 100% looking for a receiving tight end/H guy who moves a lot. We haven’t seen him blocking all that much and we’re definitely not able to translate his inline blocking ability. 

I just can’t justify putting him as TE1, personally, without seeing him blocking. 

I wonder if that makes him more of an H-back than a tight end prospect. Mind you, I don't know that anyone uses H-backs anymore, but who couldn't use another Touchdown Terry Orr!

Chase Claypool has never played TE and is TE1? I don't think so. Definitely not for us. Why draft a guy like that this year so he can spend 3 years learning the position? I'd rather just wait a year and spend a pick on a guy who's ready to play. I wouldn't draft Claypool as a TE in the early rounds. Especially not since we want a TE that can also block. 

Been watching a little more Reagor. Somehow, in my mind, I had him pictured as a similar player to Duvernay. I don't think that's true. Duvernay looks more like a RB playing WR. Low cut center of gravity, and well muscled. I don't know if Duvernay is a poor man's Laviska, or vice versa. I like Laviska more as a YAC guy, but Duvernay more as a down field receiver.

Reagor reminds me maybe of a poor man's Santana Moss. Explosive deep. Actually really good high pointing the ball. Useful in reverses and YAC, but not exactly like a RB playing the position. I actually would really like Reagor for us as well. He has some crazy straight line vertical explosion. That 11'6" broad jump is sick. Interestingly, his 3 cone wasn't that good. In any case, I think he can take the top off, has the ball skills to high point and win in contested catch situations, and can also be a WR YAC guy. 

43 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

The 2nd round really is the sweet spot for us to get a WR. Feels like we’ll miss out on too much receiver talent by #66.

Running repeated 4 round draft mocks, I’m able to snag Young, CB Darnay Holmes who I’m fairly high on now, either Brooks or Bachie at LB, either Hopkins or Moss at TE. You can likely get Kmet or Trautman by risking going LB later with Bachie in the 5th.

Doesn’t feel like our current picks fall nice for receiver. Getting a 2nd or 2x 3rds for Trent would be massive for our draft.

On the bright side it is a deep WR draft. Some teams will reach for a need and WR's will fall because of it. If we really want one a good one will be there in the third. I think I would rather go Kmet if he is there with our third rounder. We can still get talent at WR in the 4th.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

The 2nd round really is the sweet spot for us to get a WR. Feels like we’ll miss out on too much receiver talent by #66.

Agreed, I think there are gonna be a lot of wrs taken in the 2nd. In today's NFL, a 3rd wr is considered a starter, and I think a lot of teams will view the wrs on the board as a BPA that they can start on day 1 ( I'd say pretty much every team would plug in any of those wrs as at least their wr3)  Plus, I bet a couple teams address other needs in the 1st knowing that glut of wrs will be waiting for them in round 2.  And by 66, BPA might not be wr anymore.

That being said, I think I'd rather them stay put and draft BPA in the current spots.  To move up from 66 into the 2nd will cost at least one of our 4ths, and I think we would be better off with the extra prospect.

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The other assumption they make is heck if they want to get a kings ransom for the pick, they snap their fingers and it will be offered.  That's ridiculous.  The only team that has offered an RG3 type ransom pre and post that trade has been no one aside from the Ditka trade for Ricky Williams.  Teams don't just reflexively give away drunken sailor type offers to trade up.  It wouldn't shock me if the Dolphins or some other team do ultimately offer something but I'd put money its a modest offer versus an insane haul.

Not disagreeing with your point per se, but there are numerous examples of big haul trades.

Falcons to move up for Julio Jones - 2 1sts, a 2nd and 2 4ths.

Chargers also gave up 2 1sts, a 2nd, and 2 players to move up one spot to take Ryan Leaf (lol),

Jets gave up 3 second rounders to move up 3 spots and take Darnold.

Rams traded their 1st, 2nd and 4th to move up one spot and take Dickerson in the 80s.

There are more but you get the point. Whether or not you consider those to be drunken sailor type offers is subjective I guess.

6 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Dynasty community was laying that down following the combine. He's anonymous as a WR w/his #'s, but moved to TE, his #'s are insane, athletically and production wise. 

He's small for a TE and has never played TE. Hate the idea of spending a 4th on him. 

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

pretty sensible. But I wonder how closely they stick to BPA? As in take Jonathan Taylor at 66 if he’s there and your top player? 

Yes. Absolutely. What do we even have at RB? Two guys that have played 2 games worth of snaps in 2 years because of injury? 

The only spot I'd bling is Edge, or DT. And even then, we are going to have to pay our DT's at some point or they will leave. BPA is the way to go when you have as many holes as we do. 

Regarding Reagor:

Recruiting Analytics clocked the TCU star at 22.6 mph on a 93-yard TD this past season―a faster top speed than any player reached in the NFL in 2019, according to Next Gen Stats’ tracking. 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/2/27/21155775/eagles-news-philadelphia-real-interest-laviska-shenault-jr-wide-receiver-kobe-bryant-nfl-draft-rumor

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Regarding Reagor:

Recruiting Analytics clocked the TCU star at 22.6 mph on a 93-yard TD this past season―a faster top speed than any player reached in the NFL in 2019, according to Next Gen Stats’ tracking. 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/2/27/21155775/eagles-news-philadelphia-real-interest-laviska-shenault-jr-wide-receiver-kobe-bryant-nfl-draft-rumor

Looking like he will get into round 1, not an easy task in this class of WRs.

There seem to be about 16-20 tier one prospects followed by 45 guys in the next tier.

OL Charles has some round 1 grades from nfl people. 

Charles is a round one tackle. I like him top 4. Maybe even 3 over Becton and possibly Wirfs (who will be a great linemen i think. I’m just not sure if he’s a tackle or guard, but he’s likely a hit). 

He’s just not on the straight and narrow.

4 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

That was from September before he beat Alabama and had that playoff run. I don't think it's true at all now.

I think it is a good illustration though of what a crap shoot the 2021 draft will be if there is no college football this  season.  If that happened last year Burrow would likely have gone undrafted instead of #1 overall, similarly Fromm would be drafted in the top 15 picks.  I am very leery of the value of 2021 picks right now. 

I never really thought about Trevon Diggs like this before, but his length compares very favorably to Josh Norman. Diggs is an inch taller with the same length arms and bigger hands. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/trevon-diggs?id=32194449-4722-4895-603b-f1bc2ff73964

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/josh-norman?id=2532920

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/richard-sherman?id=2495507

8 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I never really thought about Trevon Diggs like this before, but his length compares very favorably to Josh Norman. Diggs is an inch taller with the same length arms and bigger hands. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/trevon-diggs?id=32194449-4722-4895-603b-f1bc2ff73964

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/josh-norman?id=2532920

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/richard-sherman?id=2495507

Diggs is a much better athlete of course, here’s an interesting thread on the fastest guys from the 2019 season. 

A couple ES favorites, Duvernay & Taylor

Archived