Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

46 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I would LOVE to add OJ Howard ... I assume straight up for Trent is "doable" ... probably shouldn't expect much more from them in return. In that case, I would do it. And if Moss is still there in the 5th, I pull the trigger on him.

Would free up our 3rd, 4th, 4th to go WR OT WR and maybe hit Defense in the 5th 7th 7th

I like the depth of the TE crop more than most but don't love it.  And I hate to force a pick or feel boxed into a pick.  I am a BPA guy.  I do love the WR and CB crop in this draft.  To some degree also O line but I suspect the run on O line will be intense early and i am not going to love what's left once the third round comes.  But WR and CB I think is looking insane.  Safety I also think is sneaky good depth wise in this draft. 

OJ has been a bit of an underachiever and I get there is some context to it.  But maybe coming here to join all the Alabama guys brings out his best.  Plus judging by what beat guys have been saying, Trent's trade value has sailed from its a high point last year so I am a much cheaper date now on that front than I was last year.

6 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Is there anyone, who could fall past 18, that you’d trade next years 1 & this years 3rd rounder for?

There are a lot of players I love who likely fall in that range in this draft.  But I have some fear the season might not be hot, so it would drive me crazy if let's say we gave up a top 5 pick for any dude in the later part of the first round in this draft.  If we had a shot at Lawrence or Sewell or Ross or Chase but that pick is going to some other team, it would drive me crazy.  🤨

That twitter guy Mark Jarvis is a known try-hard. His heart's in the right place but K.J. Hill at #28 overall is downright laughable damn. He reminds me of Stedman Bailey who people similarly fell for due to his reliability and comparative polish in college, despite not having anywhere in particular where he could win in the NFL. A good football player without any distinguishing trump cards is usually just a depth player without truly special smarts and work ethic to go with the right scheme. 

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

That’s tempting, but I doubt we would get a talent equivalent to Young with any of those picks. 

Approximate it to Young for Chaisson, Justin Jefferson & Josh Jones. Tempting, but the drop to 16 is ultimately too significant I’d imagine. Though we’ve read no one has contacted us for #2, Atl moving all in for Young wouldn’t surprise many. 

The Browns should be trading for Trent to open up options at 10 overall where teams will want to move up to get a top tackle. They could get Trent, move down with Tampa, & grab Kinlaw to put next to Garrett. Silly Browns. 

You know what, if I had a Top 16 pick, and I wanted a WR, I'd be trying hard to trade down.  I don't think any of these guys are quite worthy of a Top 10 pick, and this class is so deep it's hard to justify spending a top half of Round 1 pick on a WR when you can grab someone 10 spots or 20 spots later who is also really good.

7 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Approximate it to Young for Chaisson, Justin Jefferson & Josh Jones. Tempting, but the drop to 16 is ultimately too significant I’d imagine. Though we’ve read no one has contacted us for #2, Atl moving all in for Young wouldn’t surprise many. 

The Browns should be trading for Trent to open up options at 10 overall where teams will want to move up to get a top tackle. They could get Trent, move down with Tampa, & grab Kinlaw to put next to Garrett. Silly Browns. 

Yea, that’s too steep a drop. This is the kind of trade you make if you all ready have an Elite player on the roster at that position, or are certain you could get 3 great players with that haul. Right now, id take sweat over any of the other edge rushers in this draft. So, I’m not feeling this trade. 

As for Cleveland... I’m not sure I’d make the trade. I would probably hope Becton falls so they can have Chubb run behind that mountain. Though if Cleveland trades OBJ for a 2nd and change as reported, that would certainly change the game. They could take the top wr off the board at 10, move a 2nd and 5th for Trent, and breathe comfortably. 

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Is there anyone, who could fall past 18, that you’d trade next years 1 & this years 3rd rounder for?

No, you have to take into account the possibility of no season, and if that happens we'd be trading the overall #2 pick in 2021.

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Atl first in 2020, 2021 & 2022 for Chase Young?

No 2021 will be too much of a crap shoot unless you can be sure of getting a top 3 pick.  I'd devalue 2021 1st and 2d round picks substantially (while increasing the value of 3rd-7th rounders).

I remember checking Thomas out back when Steve told us all to be prepared to draft him when we picked at #5.  :ols:  Fun season.

Could be 4 tackles in the top 12, which is crazy.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like the depth of the TE crop more than most but don't love it.  And I hate to force a pick or feel boxed into a pick.  I am a BPA guy.  I do love the WR and CB crop in this draft.  To some degree also O line but I suspect the run on O line will be intense early and i am not going to love what's left once the third round comes.  But WR and CB I think is looking insane.  Safety I also think is sneaky good depth wise in this draft. 

OJ has been a bit of an underachiever and I get there is some context to it.  But maybe coming here to join all the Alabama guys brings out his best.  Plus judging by what beat guys have been saying, Trent's trade value has sailed from its a high point last year so I am a much cheaper date now on that front than I was last year.

The thing with this draft, If one of the top 3 TEs do make it to our pick at 66, we'd be leaving so many better prospects at LB, CB, DB and mostly WR to take one and they may still be gone.  

Howard in our system should make a big difference for him. Brady loves TEs, but not Ariens. I'm assuming the 5 Bama boys we have on D know if he's a baller or not.

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I remember checking Thomas out back when Steve told us all to be prepared to draft him when we picked at #5.  :ols:  Fun season.

The thing with this draft, If one of the top 3 TEs do make it to our pick at 66, we'd be leaving so many better prospects at LB, CB, DB and mostly WR to take one and they may still be gone.  

Howard in our system should make a big difference for him. Brady loves TEs, but not Ariens. I'm assuming the 5 Bama boys we have on D know if he's a baller or not.

Foster has seen both he & Kittle up close.

I haven’t watched any Kmet yet, but it sounds like he’s a lock to be gone by the conclusion of round 2.

37 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Wonder if both Howard and Njoku reportedly being available on the trade market depresses the value of each?

I would rather watch my team forfeit their first round pick than see them draft Herbert or Jordan Love. 

Just now, Rolo Tomasie said:

Wonder if both Howard and Njoku reportedly being available on the trade market depresses the value of each?

Imagine their value if we make Sprinkle available. Maybe we should do that just to get one of those guys on the cheap. 

Just now, Rolo Tomasie said:

Would be good. They’d be good options. Especially as part of a trade for Williams. One of them and a third and let’s be done with this non sense. I’d almost be willing to take a fourth and one of them. 

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

I would rather watch my team forfeit their first round pick than see them draft Herbert or Jordan Love. 

Imagine their value if we make Sprinkle available. Maybe we should do that just to get one of those guys on the cheap. 

Let’s talk about the real Love. Bryce and Josh. They could have the nickname “The Romance”

2 hours ago, nonniey said:

No, you have to take into account the possibility of no season, and if that happens we'd be trading the overall #2 pick in 2021.

Hypothetical question: would you rather have the 2020 season get cancelled if it meant the skins get the #2 pick again in 2021, or have the season be played like normal and the skins go 8-8, miss the playoffs and pick in the middle of the pack.

Imagine if the skins get chase and some decent depth in midrounds this year, then get LT penei Sewell at #2 in 2021 and another starter at #34 overall.  That's a pretty solid group of young talent.  

Archived