Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

8 hours ago, volsmet said:

Dotson

No way that was a real 4.8 40, but it doesn't need to be to demonstrate how good a runner he is.  He is a well put together athlete for a guard.

The right side of that offensive line is awesome.  True road-graders.  There are only about five guards I really like for us in this class, and they are two of them.  I would happily take either one or both because I think Hunt might be able to stay at RT.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I would guess a big run on offensive line and CB early, teams don’t feel pressed to take a WR and some dude at WR we don’t expect will be there

Yeah in most of the simulations that I run, there really aren't any of the top 2-3 tiered guys that make it out of Round 2. But you know someone is going to fall. Pittman could fall, but that wouldn't be shocking. I do think someone like Shenault or Tee Higgins could find their way to 66. In reality, if any of Pittman, Shenault or Higgins falls to 66 I would think we'd pull the trigger. Team has made no secret for their need of a WR.

It has been clear that WR2 is seen as a major need by this staff. Based on Rivera's recent interview, I would say the opposite is true of TE. Sure, they'll draft someone who they will want to eventually be the TE1, but it sounds like they're happy with the current crop of TEs to be at least serviceable. The opposite seems to be the case at WR2.

Also, for those that think we'll go FS at 66, it sounds like the team is high on the Sean Davis experiment. I know they said they would go BPA, but I would think at 66 you are looking for someone to be an instant starter/impact, and it sounds like they're happy with SD at FS for the 2020 season. I could be wrong though.

I am not saying that DB will be off the board entirely. But I don't think they'll force the issue, and if there is a FS that is on the board that is graded identically to a WR or even LB, I could see us going against the DB in that scenario due to the number of "wait and see" guys in place for 2020 (Darby, Moreau, Davis)

2 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Wow he is built like a battle tank for sure, and seems surprisingly fast. I love the way he finishes his blocks, he comes to play. But as a potential FB, doesn't he seem to run too upright? I was hoping to see a few short yardage/goal line plays, but they were sadly missing. If he doesn't learn to play behind his pads, he might have a brighter future following in his familiys wrasslin footsteps.

Explosive guy, would absolutely love to see Bronson in camp.

5 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Kirk Merritt, Bailey ... here we are a week out from the draft and I consider myself well-versed in prospects and these are the first time I am hearing these names. Thanks guys!

Ive been on Bailey for months. But Im with you on Merritt.

We got 6 entries so far for our ES draft rankings!

Thanks to @stevemcqueen1 @Burgundy Yoda@Skin'emAlive@KillBill26@clskinsfan and myself for your participation. It's interesting how some of these are ranked! 

This will be good with more participation.

If you're interested in sending me your rankings, please read this post: 

Anyone is welcome!

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Anyone is welcome!

Working on mine today, hope to send your way.

Not sure how valid the rumor is that the Vikings and Browns are working on an OBJ trade but I would hope Washington would jump into the fray.

Offer Trent straight up. Not sure if that gets it done, but it makes sense.

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Not sure how valid the rumor is that the Vikings and Browns are working on an OBJ trade but I would hope Washington would jump into the fray.

I have a family member with the Browns, getting information from them, even just the small stuff, has gotten significantly more difficult over the last year 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Casserly has said he heard that the Redskins have gotten no offers for their pick, yet. Donaldson and Finlay hinted this week they’ve heard the same.  Keim suggested in an article today that a big offer might not come for their pick.

I'd be okay with that as my number one preference is taking Chase Young. I'm also open to someone going Mike Ditka or Bruce Allen (RGIII) in our favor, but if the end result is that we get the consensus best player in the draft and a guy who could be a great pass rusher... I'm not going to complain.

9 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Trading for OBJ? No way! We don’t need a guy like that here. The second we have a rough game he will be all over the gram talking trash about the skins. He’s a cancer that fed on Eli mannng’s inability to read progressions. Leave him in Cleveland. 

Sleeper OT, Kamaal Seymour

85 inch wingspan, 5.40 40 at 6ft 5 317

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

My "project" player from this years draft is Darrell Taylor, TN. He is going to need a couple of years of good coaching. But he has the tools to be a hell of an edge. 

Wr from Hopewell, he’s got round 1 potential, but some injuries & games he disappeared in... the life of an Edge these days... particularly when your team rarely has a lead. 

59 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:
I wonder what Atlanta would be moving up for. I would have to imagine it is a defender. Their top defensive needs are DL and CB. Derrick Brown? Javon Kinlaw?

I can’t see that happening. Atlanta has been reported to have visited almost twice as many prospects as most other teams. Not that I think other teams haven’t put in that much work, but rather, I feel this is a good reference to the mindset of a front office. The have dug in deep to go bpa. A prospect visit could come in many different iterations: senior bowl, east-west shrine, combine, pro day, virtual, local, etc. 

Here is a good reference to whom we know each team has visited. 

https://walterfootball.com/prospectMeetings/byteam

Archived