Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

11 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Albert Breer is reporting that the Bucs (14) and Broncos (15) are two teams that could move up in the draft to target an offensive tackle. Teams potentially interested in trading down, per Breer, are the Lions (3), Jaguars (9), Raiders (12), 49ers (13). Falcons (16) are also interested in moving up, but not sure for who/what.

Breer says the Jaguars make the most sense for the Bucs and Broncos ... to get ahead of the Browns and Jets who both need an OT.

This is GOOD news for us in regards to the Trent Williams situation. I believe our FO will hold on to Trent unless they get what they consider to be good value. Not to return to play for the Skins in 2020, but to trade later in the summer should an injury pop up ... and get some 2021 draft capital. I could see us accepting a pair of 3's or maybe even a 3 and 4 this year, but I do not see us trading Trent for a 4th or later.

I think this opens up the Jets, Bucs and Broncos as favorites to land Trent.

Jets: Even if one of the top 4 OTs is there at pick 11, I could see the Jets opting for a WR and try to trade for Trent on Day 2. The Jets are in a bit of a win-now mode so Trent could be seen as a better option than a rookie OT.

Bucs: This is logical simply because they could get Trent (proven, immediate impact) for a lot less than it would take to trade up in the 1st to get a rookie OT, and they are on a short window with Brady.

Broncos: It makes sense for them to get younger to match their young core of offensive talent. To me, Trent makes sense but not as much as adding a rookie OT.

As stated before, with all due respect I believe TW will never play another down in B&G.  He will be dealt during the draft.  :)  Let's see how it plays out JMS. 

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

I don't see the Bengals trading out of the 1st overall pick.  It's not something that Mike Brown does.  I don't see the Phins giving up ALL of their 1st round picks plus next year's 1st plus.  That's what it would probably take to get Brown to even think about it.  He wants the hometown kid from Athens to be his QB and Young to DC at #2 overall.

Sure but the rumor isn't that the Bengals say yes.  Just heavy rumors that the Dolphins are willing to give up the store for Burrow but not Tua.  Casserly saying that no team has called (if true) and offered anything for their pick, plays into that thought.

I noticed sort of the hipster position on the Redskins pick with some (not all among the ones who like trading down) with the WP which now wrote 2 columns on it, some on talk radio, the PFF guys, ESPN analytics guy, etc. is that the Redskins should either trade down or take Tua and anything else is foolish.    For me I can appreciate the off beat perspective as much as anyone but some of them are so pedantic and presumptuous in making the point.

In another lifetime ago I was a teacher's assistant in stats.  I still work sometimes with surveys.  I forgot much of what I once knew but I still recall many of the principles behind using stats.   In short, the 3 good players > one great player isn't that tidy of an argument even though the analytics guys present it so.  Because you have to factor how hard it is or isn't to obtain said variables.  They create the argument in a vacuum as if each variable is mutually exclusive of another.  But that's not reality.  

If lobster is really hard to find from my neighborhood restaurants.  So what if three steaks is a better meal if you combine them all?  I go get the lobster.  And I don't have that much of a hard time finding the steaks, too later on.  They don't factor that but its extremely relevant to the argument.  And that's before diving into whether one great player can have a bigger ripple effect on a team than three good players.  It also doesn't factor that the further down you go in the draft the more likely the player doesn't succeed.   If you have strong assurances that the player at #2 is a rock star.  That means a lot.  You can't just bank on the 3 picks or whatever they'd obtain will all make it big too but just on a lesser light.  The odds increase the further down you go in the draft that said player won't succeed.

Their best argument is that maybe the dude who drops to #5 is really really good.  That's possible but we can't predict that Simmons or whomever they covet is there. 

The other assumption they make is heck if they want to get a kings ransom for the pick, they snap their fingers and it will be offered.  That's ridiculous.  The only team that has offered an RG3 type ransom pre and post that trade has been no one aside from the Ditka trade for Ricky Williams.  Teams don't just reflexively give away drunken sailor type offers to trade up.  It wouldn't shock me if the Dolphins or some other team do ultimately offer something but I'd put money its a modest offer versus an insane haul.

The other thing about the argument especially the WP who is more or less saying its the adult-responsible thing to do to trade down is its built on the premise that this is a new fangled approach to roster building for this team. They suggest its going for the long haul versus win now.  The reality is its the opposite.  This team has been all about landing good players and not great.  We don't do All Pros, top 25 players, etc.   We trade down from JJ Watt to get Kerrigan and Jarvis Jenkins.  We trade down with Dallas so they can land Demarcus Lawrence and we get Trent Murphy and if I recall it was Matt Jones?  We trade down with Seattle so they can get Tyler Lockett and we get Crowder and a guy.  We've been there and done that plenty and in the three most recent major cases we did it, we got the short end of the stick. 

This trade down is smart and multiple good players > great argument if anything pushes closer to operating with the same old same old approach versus being the adult responsible way of handling the pick as some like the WP seem to suggest.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If I could be guaranteed that I trade down and get Simmons and Thomas and a 1st next year I could be swayed. But you can’t guarantee that.

Stay at 2. Take Young. Move on.

I'd probably do it, too if I could guarantee that.  But my best guess is that doesn't unfold that way and an offer like that never comes.  If I had to put a wager on it now.  I'd say maybe the Dolphins offer their #5 and #18 for the 2nd pick in the draft at best if they offer anything at all.  Granted I am relying on some from the Dolphin beat guys but everything so far has borne out as they suggested.  It's been simmering for months here that the crush the Dolphins have now is on Burrow not Tua.  Eventually, that got out and has become a national buzz.

And if Casserly is correct that the Dolphins haven't even bothered to talk to the Redskins about the pick, yet then to me it doubles down that there might be something to the rumors in South Florida pertaining to the Dolphins.  Rumors being they love Burrow.  They love Tua too but have serious concerns about his durability and thus are willing to take their chances with him because they think he can drop to #5 and if they miss on him its not the end of the world because they like Herbert and Jordan Love.  

And they are saying they didn't add all those picks to just throw them away unless there is a QB they love but that QB isn't Tua but Burrow. 

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sure but the rumor isn't that the Bengals say yes.  Just heavy rumors that the Dolphins are willing to give up the store for Burrow but not Tua.  Casserly saying that no team has called (if true) and offered anything for their pick, plays into that thought.

I noticed sort of the hipster position on the Redskins pick with some (not all among the ones who like trading down) with the WP which now wrote 2 columns on it, some on talk radio, the PFF guys, ESPN analytics guy, etc. is that the Redskins should either trade down or take Tua and anything else is foolish.    For me I can appreciate the off beat perspective as much as anyone but some of them are so pedantic and presumptuous in making the point.

In another lifetime ago I was a teacher's assistant in stats.  I still work sometimes with surveys.  I forgot much of what I once knew but I still recall many of the principles behind using stats.   In short, the 3 good players > one great player isn't that tidy of an argument even though the analytics guys present it so.  Because you have to factor how hard it is or isn't to obtain said variables.  They create the argument in a vacuum as if each variable is mutually exclusive of another.  But that's not reality.  

If lobster is really hard to find from my neighborhood restaurants.  So what if three steaks is a better meal if you combine them all?  I go get the lobster.  And I don't have that much of a hard time finding the steaks, too later on.  They don't factor that but its extremely relevant to the argument.  And that's before diving into whether one great player can have a bigger ripple effect on a team than three good players.  It also doesn't factor that the further down you go in the draft the more likely the player doesn't succeed.   If you have strong assurances that the player at #2 is a rock star.  That means a lot.  You can't just bank on the 3 picks or whatever they'd obtain will all make it big too but just on a lesser light.  The odds increase the further down you go in the draft that said player won't succeed.

Their best argument is that maybe the dude who drops to #5 is really really good.  That's possible but we can't predict that Simmons or whomever they covet is there. 

The other assumption they make is heck if they want to get a kings ransom for the pick, they snap their fingers and it will be offered.  That's ridiculous.  The only team that has offered an RG3 type ransom pre and post that trade has been no one aside from the Ditka trade for Ricky Williams.  Teams don't just reflexively give away drunken sailor type offers to trade up.  It wouldn't shock me if the Dolphins or some other team do ultimately offer something but I'd put money its a modest offer versus an insane haul.

The other thing about the argument especially the WP who is more or less saying its the adult-responsible thing to do to trade down is its built on the premise that this is a new fangled approach to roster building for this team. They suggest its going for the long haul versus win now.  The reality is its the opposite.  This team has been all about landing good players and not great.  We don't do All Pros, top 25 players, etc.   We trade down from JJ Watt to get Kerrigan and Jarvis Jenkins.  We trade down with Dallas so they can land Demarcus Lawrence and we get Trent Murphy and if I recall it was Matt Jones?  We trade down with Seattle so they can get Tyler Lockett and we get Crowder and a guy.  We've been there and done that plenty and in the three most recent major cases we did it, we got the short end of the stick. 

This trade down is smart and multiple good players > great argument if anything pushes closer to operating with the same old same old approach versus being the adult responsible way of handling the pick as some like the WP seem to suggest.

I like and respect your opinion as you know, SIP and you give good reasonings.  Guarantees and assurances always play a part but in this situation and I'm normally of the "don't put all of your eggs in one basket" type of mentality, but I have been on the Young train the entire time.  He's double and triple teamed a lot and still finds ways to get the amount of sacks/tackles he did the past couple of years is amazing to me playing very good college football teams.  Also, he can move around the DL and play DT at times.  He's super versatile and that's why "I put ALL of my eggs in one basket" this time for this particular player.  Kerrigan has, I believe 2 more strong season left and we will have his heir apparent on our team that's much better than him talent wise in Chase Young. Plus, it allows average CBs and Ss the ability to look very good and make their play easier.  :)

Just ran a 3 round mock getting the 2nd from the Bucs for Trent (after they fail to move up, trade down in the 1st to recoup a 2nd). Charles was the top OT available after 3 rounds so I penciled him in for us at 4.2

1.2: Chase Young, Edge Ohio State

2.45: Tee Higgins, WR Clemson

3.2: Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame

4.2: Saahdiq Charles, OT LSU

Link to the draft for those interested: https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/DPXiAIyYiC

@HTTRDynasty I had the Packers take Claypool at their pick at the end of Round 1 as the "TE1" ... Kmet fell to the 3.2 pick of WAS

I‘ve been on the Claypool is a tight end train for months. I just don’t know that you can make him TE1 unless you are 100% looking for a receiving tight end/H guy who moves a lot. We haven’t seen him blocking all that much and we’re definitely not able to translate his inline blocking ability. 

I just can’t justify putting him as TE1, personally, without seeing him blocking. 

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I think this opens up the Jets, Bucs and Broncos as favorites to land Trent.

Jets: Even if one of the top 4 OTs is there at pick 11, I could see the Jets opting for a WR and try to trade for Trent on Day 2. The Jets are in a bit of a win-now mode so Trent could be seen as a better option than a rookie OT.

Bucs: This is logical simply because they could get Trent (proven, immediate impact) for a lot less than it would take to trade up in the 1st to get a rookie OT, and they are on a short window with Brady.

Broncos: It makes sense for them to get younger to match their young core of offensive talent. To me, Trent makes sense but not as much as adding a rookie OT.

the Jets have a couple of 3rd rounders

the Bucs have a couple of 4th rounders

the Broncos have 3x 3rd rounders

Bucs have been mentioned before some time back. The did give starting LT D.Smith a 3 year 41mil deal last year, I think it was. He could be flipped to the right. Or even traded to us along with a pick. You could easily see Brady advocating a move for a Trent.

Got to think there is mileage in getting a couple of thirds back, or a 2+4, something like that. Top 4 tackles could be gone in the draft by #11.

Seems like a lot of insiders are doubling down on the Herbert to Miami at #5 bit ... although Gil Brandt said in his recent conference call that he wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins go a different route and pass on QB at 5. That would surprise me unless:

1. They plan to really go after Trevor Lawrence next year

2. They plan to move back up into the Top 10 with their 1st

3. They decide they want to load up on talent and take a flier on someone like Jalen Hurts or Jake Fromm in Round 3 (which would actually play into point 1). Let Rosen and mid-round rookie battle it out. Strike gold and one emerges ... or pick at the top of R1 next year and target someone there (Lawrence, Fields, Lance)

19 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

The way the board has worked itself up, it seems most people are gonna be massively disappointed when we stay at 2, draft the best player in the draft (Young) and that's it til the third.

Pretty much everyone will be massively stoked when we take Young at #2. Rivera included. 

Pretty much everyone will be massively frustrated that we don’t pick again until #66, none more so than Rivera himself I’d bet.

Need a couple more picks in top ~100 and it looks like shifting Trent via trade is the answer.

Wonder if we’re going to restructure Kerrigan, or maybe hang him out their for a mid rounder after we’ve taken Young?

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

They could almost guarantee him next year with the picks they can accumulate in the 2021 draft. Think they have a couple of both first and second rounders already.

Hell, Miami could actually trade back or out of the first with any of this years first rounders and quite feasibly end up with 4x first’s next year.

Not saying they do that, but they could go that route if getting Burrow off the Bungles doesn’t land.

EDIT - so could the Jags actually, who already have 2 firsts in 2021 and are looking to bail back in the first this year.

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Not saying they do that, but they could go that route if getting Burrow off the Bungles doesn’t land,

Apparently the Dolphins owner and others in the organization heavily scouted Justin Herbert in 2018 in anticipation of him coming out (he went back). So I think there is certainly some smoke to that fire, and I would anticipate he goes to them at #5. Of course, the Herbert thing could be smoke to prevent someone like the Chargers from trading up to 3. We'll see though.

11 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Apparently the Dolphins owner and others in the organization heavily scouted Justin Herbert in 2018 in anticipation of him coming out (he went back). So I think there is certainly some smoke to that fire, and I would anticipate he goes to them at #5. Of course, the Herbert thing could be smoke to prevent someone like the Chargers from trading up to 3. We'll see though.

Yeah I agree about the Chargers potentially jumping up. 

just wait, imagine if Tua plummets does the top 10 and the Patriots pounce :ols:

20 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Seems like a lot of insiders are doubling down on the Herbert to Miami at #5 bit ... although Gil Brandt said in his recent conference call that he wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins go a different route and pass on QB at 5. That would surprise me unless:

2. They plan to move back up into the Top 10 with their 1st

3. They decide they want to load up on talent and take a flier on someone like Jalen Hurts or Jake Fromm in Round 3 (which would actually play into point 1). Let Rosen and mid-round rookie battle it out. Strike gold and one emerges ... or pick at the top of R1 next year and target someone there (Lawrence, Fields, Lance)

If some team can somehow structure a trade scenario where they end up with Detroit's 1st for next year, that's some Welsh gold. They're going to stink as long as Patricia is the HC, and as long as they have that terrible coaching staff. Detroit's 1st rounder next year probably nets Trevor Lawrence.

2 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

If some team can somehow structure a trade scenario where they end up with Detroit's 1st for next year, that's some Welsh gold. They're going to stink as long as Patricia is the HC, and as long as they have that terrible coaching staff. Detroit's 1st rounder next year probably nets Trevor Lawrence.

If I am Bill Belichek ... I call up Matty boy when I am up at pick #23 and say ... give us your 1st next year and a 3rd this year and this pick is yours.

Not sure who the Lions might be targeting there, but would be a smart move by BB. Get a mid-round pick (which he loves) and set yourself up to have a high pick in 2021 to get your QB. I then wait for medicals to roll around and go sign Cam or Jameis to be QB for 2020 and wait in the bushes to pounce on Lawrence next year. Would be such a BB move.

47 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I‘ve been on the Claypool is a tight end train for months. I just don’t know that you can make him TE1 unless you are 100% looking for a receiving tight end/H guy who moves a lot. We haven’t seen him blocking all that much and we’re definitely not able to translate his inline blocking ability. 

I just can’t justify putting him as TE1, personally, without seeing him blocking. 

Yup, I agree.

He's got some decent video of him locking on and man-handling smaller DB's in his game against UNC and he also showed some spirit in the senior bowl, but yea he's raw. In his game against Georgia I didn't like how he'd seem to "blank out" processing wise after initial contact and not stick to his man, controlling space and direction. He'd pop them once and they'd spin away from him and get in on the play, which happened a couple times during the game. 

Overall, I'm not a huge fan of his instincts as they currently are, but I'm not completely down on his ability to adapt. My issue is mostly from the standpoint that it feels/looks like his first instinct is almost always to finesse a guy, rather than using his strength to fight for space. He goes around people, he does not go through people like you would expect a guy with his size to do.

Here is my 2-Round Mock draft with 1st round trades --- had way too much fun with this. Enjoy?

Player Trades (Before or During draft)

- DET sends 2.35 to JAX for DE Yanick Ngakue

- WAS sends LT Trent Williams to Tampa Bay for 2.45

Round 1:

1.1: CIN - Joe Burrow, QB LSU

1.2: WAS - Chase Young, Edge Ohio State

*TRADE* LAC send 1.6 + 2.37 + 3.71 to DET for 1.3

Chargers trade up for their QB. While they could wait at 6 to see if Tua falls, there are others besides Miami that could jump up to take Tua. Chargers give up a lot in the draft (1/2/3) but spare any future picks.

1.3: LAC - Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama

1.4: NYG - Mekhi Becton, OT Louisville

1.5: MIA - Justin Herbert, QB Oregon

1.6: DET - Jeffrey Okudah, CB Ohio State

1.7: CAR - Isaiah Simmons, LB Clemson

*TRADE* DEN sends 1.15 + 2.46 + 2021 3rd to ARI for 1.8

Denver wants a WR and a starting OT, so this trade could be for a WR, but in this case they snag the best OT on the board to keep building the talent on offense for Drew Lock.

1.8: DEN - Jedrick Wills, OT Alabama

*TRADE* MIA sends 1.18 + 1.26 to JAX for 1.9

Miami has tons of picks, and will start manipulating the board to make sure they get some prime talent to surround Herbert with, starting along the OL.

1.9: MIA - Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia

1.10: CLE - Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa

1.11: NYJ - CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma

1.12: OAK - Henry Ruggs, WR Alabama

1.13: SF - Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama

*TRADE* JAX sends 1.26 + 2.42 to TB for 1.14

Jacksonville now has the draft capital to move around the Board, similar to the way Miami started the daft. Jacksonville jumps up for what many consider to be an elite CB to replace Jalen Ramsey.

1.14: JAX - C.J. Henderson, CB Florida

1.15: ARI - Derrick Brown, IDL Auburn (from DEN)

1.16: ATL - K'Lavon Chaisson, Edge LSU

1.17: DAL - Grant Delpit, S LSU

1.18: JAX - Javon Kinlaw, IDL South Carolina (from MIA via PIT)

1.19: OAK - Xavier McKinney, S Alabama

1.20: JAX - A.J. Epenesa, Edge Iowa

1.21: PHI - Justin Jefferson, WR LSU

1.22: MIN - Kristian Fulton, CB LSU

*TRADE* MIA sends 2.39 + 2.56 to NE for 1.23

Miami again has the draft capital to move around the Board. They no longer have any 2nd round picks, but they do have two in Round 3 and numerous in Round 5 and later. So they make a move with NE, who has no 2nd rounders and could use the extra early picks, to move up to get their RB. Miami now has their QB, LT and RB of the future on offense.

1.23: MIA - D'Andre Swift, RB Georgia

1.24: NO - Patrick Queen, LB LSU

1.25: MIN - Denzel Mims, WR Baylor

1.26: TB - Jonathan Taylor, RB Wisconsin (from JAX via MIA via HOU)

1.27: SEA - Josh Jones, OT Houston

1.28: BAL - Kenneth Murray, LB Oklahoma

1.29: TEN - Isaiah Wilson, OT Georgia

1.30: GB - Jalen Raegor, WR TCU

1.31: SF - Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah

1.32: KC - Cesar Ruiz, C Michigan

Round 2:

2.33: CIN - Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge Penn State

2.34: IND - Michael Pittman, WR USC

2.35: JAX - Antoine Winfield, S Minnesota (from DET)

This pick is from the Lions, who sent it to JAX in exchange for Yanick Ngakue. JAX went CB, IDL and Edge in the 1st and turns back to the secondary to add an elite-caliber FS in Antoine Winfield, rebuilding the defense similar to the one that led them to the AFC title game just a few years ago.

2.36: NYG – Tee Higgins, WR Clemson

2.37: DET – Terrell Lewis, Edge Alabama (from LAC)

2.38: CAR – Jeff Gladney, CB TCU

2.39: NE – Zack Baun, Edge Wisconsin (from MIA)

2.40: HOU – Neville Gallimore, IDL Oklahoma

2.41: CLE – Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois

2.42: TB – K.J. Hamler, WR Penn State

2.43: CHI – Austin Jackson, OT USC

2.44: IND – Jordan Love, QB Utah State

2.45: WAS – Laviska Shenault, WR Colorado (from TB)

WAS could go OT or TE here, but Scott Turner apparently love Laviska Shenault and is able to grab what many thought was a Top 10 WR pre-2019 season to be the team’s long-term WR2 (or even WR1) along with McLaurin.

2.46: ARI – Ezra Cleveland, OT Boise State (from DEN)

ARI gets their OT and recoups their 2nd round pick lost in the DeAndre Hopkins trade.

2.47: ATL – Noah Igbinoghene, CB Auburn

2.48: NYJ – Lucas Niang, OT TCU

2.49: PIT – Ross Blacklock, IDL TCU

2.50: CHI – Lloyd Cushenberry, C LSU

2.51: DAL – Trevon Diggs, CB Alabama

2.52: LAR – A.J. Terrell, CB Clemson

2.53: PHI – Kyle Dugger, S Lenoir-Rhyne

2.54: BUF – J.K. Dobbins, RB Ohio State

2.55: BAL – Brandon Aiyuk, WR Arizona State

2.56: NE – Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame (from MIA)

NE adds the consensus TE1 in a bid to finally replace Rob Gronkowski, and provide an outlet to whoever ends up being their QB in 2020 and beyond.

2.57: LAR – Jordyn Brooks, LB Texas Tech

2.58: MIN – Jonah Jackson, IOL Ohio State

2.59: SEA – Curtis Weaver, Edge Boise State

2.60: BAL – Robert Hunt, IOL Louisiana

2.61: TEN – Justin Madubuike, IDL Texas A&M

2.62: GB – Adam Trautman, TE Dayton

2.63: KC – Damon Arnette, CB Ohio State

2.64: SEA – Marlon Davidson, IDL Auburn

Winners:

Jacksonville: CB CJ Henderson, DT Javon Kinlaw, Edge AJ Epenesa, S Antoine Winfield – massive revamp on defense

Chicago: OT Austin Jackson, C Lloyd Cushenberry – nails down the OL of the future

Miami: QB Justin Herbert, OT Andrew Thomas, RB D’Andre Swift – loads up on offense

Tampa Bay: RB Jonathan Taylor, WR KJ Hamler, LT Trent Williams – adds some legitimate offensive weapons to an already loaded offense, plus solidifies the OL for old man Tom by trading for LT Trent Williams

Redskins commentary:

-          In an ideal work, if we can get a 2nd for Trent Williams I would try and trade that pick back a bit to gather a couple more picks. Maybe for a late 2 and 3. Or a Pair of early 3s, because I think the depth and talent at WR, OT and TE allow for us to get solid players in R3. The drop-off for me isn’t huge from R2 talent to R3 talent.

-          Coming away in Round 1 and Round 2 with Young and Shenault will be seen as a “talent haul”

-          Skins will go into the rest of the draft with pretty glaring needs at OT and TE. This may require some “reaches” to fill holes. While Kmet and Trautman are off the board, Claypool plus a number of mid-range TEs are still available, though pick 66 is likely too high to draft one. Charles or Peart may be reaches at 66, as well.

-          Going into pick #66, if I were managing the draft I would be looking to trade back a bit to maximize value with BPA. The R2 run on CBs also makes the options at #66 less than desirable, while some LBs might be appealing at #66, I’m not sure this staff will put starting LB at the top of the wish list.

3 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Just ran a 3 round mock getting the 2nd from the Bucs for Trent (after they fail to move up, trade down in the 1st to recoup a 2nd). Charles was the top OT available after 3 rounds so I penciled him in for us at 4.2

1.2: Chase Young, Edge Ohio State

2.45: Tee Higgins, WR Clemson

3.2: Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame

4.2: Saahdiq Charles, OT LSU

Link to the draft for those interested: https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/DPXiAIyYiC

@HTTRDynasty I had the Packers take Claypool at their pick at the end of Round 1 as the "TE1" ... Kmet fell to the 3.2 pick of WAS

I like how that looks but not sure we will get a 2nd. You triggered something with me in regards to the Tee Higgins selection. Adding a WR is definitely a need on this team. My question is which type of WR should we be adding? I've seen some that want to pair speed with speed and put a burner on the opposite side of Terry and others have looked at a slot/RB type. It appears that Simms has a lot to work with in the slot; so do we want a bigger target opposite Terry or another burner? Tee Higgins feels like he can add a little both. I like that.

The 2nd round really is the sweet spot for us to get a WR. Feels like we’ll miss out on too much receiver talent by #66.

Running repeated 4 round draft mocks, I’m able to snag Young, CB Darnay Holmes who I’m fairly high on now, either Brooks or Bachie at LB, either Hopkins or Moss at TE. You can likely get Kmet or Trautman by risking going LB later with Bachie in the 5th.

Doesn’t feel like our current picks fall nice for receiver. Getting a 2nd or 2x 3rds for Trent would be massive for our draft.

49 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Watching some cut-ups of the various TE options, I keep coming back to my original man-crush at TE, Thaddeus Moss. I think I would rather have Moss in R4 than Kmet or Trautman in R3. He's a mean blocker too.

Im with you on Moss. I think I prefer Asiasi as he hasn’t had as many injuries and he seems more steady. But I think Moss has a higher ceiling/lower floor than Asiasi. So he’s riskier but can pay higher dividends. 

Archived