Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Kmet is going to be gone in the 2nd. 

In terms of high bust potential WR's, I think Reagor is one also. Does anyone have a feel for how he gets off the jam? I don't know about his route running against NFL caliber CB's. 

From what I recall he wasn't pressed much but he seemed to be able to beat tight coverage.   I like Reagor more than some do on this thread.  I wouldn't take him early because he has inconsistent hands and he's not as physical as I'd like as a blocker and as a pass catcher in between the numbers.  

When he's firing on all cylinders, he's fun to watch.  Explosive.  Also not bad with contested catches for a dude his size.   He's good at tracking the deep ball.  You can throw a screen to him and he can take it far.  He's good at returning kicks.  My beef with him, is that he has some inexplicable drops, especially from what I recall with crossers up the middle so I get though why some critics say they'd like him to be tougher.  But to my eyes, he's tough at times.  He can be feisty with defenders and shows toughness from time to time.  The toughness with him just seems to come and go with him for whatever reason. And that IMO is the strange part of him as a player. 

If he's there in the third, I'd take him in a heartbeat, and i like him over Shenault. 

52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am also in the stay at 2 camp.  I just got annoyed at sports writers who just assume if they Redskins want an arm and leg for their pick, they snap their fingers and they got it.  There have been some instances of big haul offers over the years.  But is far from a given. And the buzz right now, granted it all could change is no one is beating at their door right now for their pick.   Stuff like that could change on draft day.  But if a team wants to trade up to #2 or #1 they can do it in advance no need to play it coy.  The Eagles traded up to #2 by this time in their juncture in 2016 and we traded weeks in advance of the draft in 2012

Everyone in our division hopes we trade down. 

3 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Question. Aren't we all going to pretty much have the same top 3 for each position? 

Universally, wr top 3 is between 4, qb probably the same, Rb the same, OT the same, lb the top 2 are set, edge top 2 are set. 

I would enjoy a 2 deep that was comprised of first stringers from day 2 & 2nd stringers from day 3, or taking one of the more popular big boards available & having everyone select 5-10 guys they’re much higher on as well as 5-10 they’re lower on than the board we use.

I like the consensus big board Kdawg is putting together, but I’d like to see some names involved in an ES exercise that include more prospects our team may have the opportunity to draft.

I imagine we could set it up so everyone here picks their one guy, at each position, per tier. That would be interesting. Everyone here goes on the ES record with their tier 1 Wr, tier 2, tier 3, & tier 4 - and repeat that for each position group; there are plenty of places to pull those tiers.

9 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Everyone in our division hopes we trade down. 

A kind & gentle human, who works for a team in our division, was asked about who he hopes falls in the draft, & he said The Redskins

I know there isn't always a correlation between visits and who actually gets drafted by a team ... but Parnell Motley is a late-round CB I am focused on for Washington. I think we met with him multiple times at the Sr. Bowl and Combine ... but he played very well against some elite WRs this year and he's slated for that R5-7 range.

Interesting discussion I had today. One guy wanted to go all risk. Take juniors, high upside... I said take seniors, more finished product less upside. (About late round strategy this year)

My point is that with maybe shorter off-season you want more sure fire guys. Know they can fill a role on your roster instead of taking a bunch of risk guys and hope one proves himself in the off-season/pre-season. I just think it hard otherwise to take rook over vet. 

Threw this out on twitter. Pure hypothetical.

Jags offer Ngakue, 9 and 20 to WAS for #2.

It makes sense that Cleveland and the Jets would need an OT. Call up the Browns. Offer them Trent, #20 and #108 for #10.

You enter the draft with your DE (Ngakue) who is going to be 26 BUT get paid $$$$$$ to extend here.

You hold picks #9 and #10, perfectly positioned to get a Top 2-3 OT + the WR1 on your board.

Do you do it?

Ngakue, Andrew Thomas, Jerry Jeudy ... and you give up #2, Trent Williams and #108?

42 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Question. Aren't we all going to pretty much have the same top 3 for each position? 

Nope. Some positions yes. But nope. 

30 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Universally, wr top 3 is between 4, qb probably the same, Rb the same, OT the same, lb the top 2 are set, edge top 2 are set. 

I would enjoy a 2 deep that was comprised of first stringers from day 2 & 2nd stringers from day 3, or taking one of the more popular big boards available & having everyone select 5-10 guys they’re much higher on as well as 5-10 they’re lower on than the board we use.

I like the consensus big board Kdawg is putting together, but I’d like to see some names involved in an ES exercise that include more prospects our team may have the opportunity to draft.

I imagine we could set it up so everyone here picks their one guy, at each position, per tier. That would be interesting. Everyone here goes on the ES record with their tier 1 Wr, tier 2, tier 3, & tier 4 - and repeat that for each position group; there are plenty of places to pull those tiers.

A kind & gentle human, who works for a team in our division, was asked about who he hopes falls in the draft, & he said The Redskins

Let's do that in addition to the big board. I have mine together already, so... I can post it whenever. 

Also, so far receivers aren't even consensus. OT has surprised me quite a bit. One guy didn't even have Andrew Thomas in his rankings. Edge has had some minor surprises. LB has had guys inside and outside all over the place. Guard has had the most different guys receiving votes.

So far CB seems like the closest to consensus position. That or DT. QB is close to consensus, though the #3 for a lot of guys has been all over the map. 

It's actually really interesting how it's playing out. 

Just had our first big board without Young at 1, too. I'm hoping we get more people... 

It's turning out really, really interesting. In future years, with all of us having more time, we can expand these lists longer. But for now... I think this has been a cool little social event.

@volsmet is on to something though with a Redskin specific "board" for us. I like that a lot. These are all things that we really need to announce and plan for in advance next year. To coincide with after the ES Mock Draft is complete as that's when a lot of guys starting doing their scouting work here.

22 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Threw this out on twitter. Pure hypothetical.

Jags offer Ngakue, 9 and 20 to WAS for #2.

It makes sense that Cleveland and the Jets would need an OT. Call up the Browns. Offer them Trent, #20 and #108 for #10.

You enter the draft with your DE (Ngakue) who is going to be 26 BUT get paid $$$$$$ to extend here.

You hold picks #9 and #10, perfectly positioned to get a Top 2-3 OT + the WR1 on your board.

Do you do it?

Ngakue, Andrew Thomas, Jerry Jeudy ... and you give up #2, Trent Williams and #108?

I don't. The massive price tag on Ngakue is enough of a deterrent. Proven commodity, sure, but 9 is too far back for me and the cost of Ngakue is just too far out of bounds. 

I have a hard time trading back with all the uncertainty of where guys could land right now. I get nervous we get to our pick and the guys we think are difference makers aren't there.

Personally, I'd love Derrick Brown. Yes, our DTs are stacked, but they all may not be here for long. And Brown is a different class than any of them, imo. I also like Kenneth Murray for this team. But I still don't give up Chase Young with the hope of MAYBE getting Simmons or Brown + an OT. 

41 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I know there isn't always a correlation between visits and who actually gets drafted by a team ... but Parnell Motley is a late-round CB I am focused on for Washington. I think we met with him multiple times at the Sr. Bowl and Combine ... but he played very well against some elite WRs this year and he's slated for that R5-7 range.

I’ve seen him mocked to us in the last couple of days and I’m pretty sure he has been posted about in this thread in the last day or so.

Lamb

Murray

Reagor

Mims

Gladney 
Brooks

Blacklock

Gallimore

Guys from the big 12 who are mocked in round 1 from time to time, then Niang & Madubuike are guys with round 1 traits that a bi-polar team like Seattle could reach for. 

Over 3.5 at +135 may be something I have to pull the trigger on.

UGA over 1.5 players drafted in round 1 is also interesting with Wilson moving up to join Swift & Nagy suggesting Fromm may sneak in, which sounds ridiculous, but he’s well connected. 

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

With what type of parameters?  My wifi has been out for days, just came back on 2 hours ago, so I haven't had a chance to mess much with this thread and rankings this week.

For us this year the top 3 might not be that interesting aside from some rare positions like TE where the top 3 might come into play close to our pick.   Otherwise these guys are likely gone before our pick in the third.  I spent more time studying 2nd-4th tier type players for that reason and I probably know them better or at least I think I do over some of the first round types in this draft.

I recall before each round last year, we listed the top guys we wanted.  

For this to be really interesting at least in my book, I'd think we got to go like 10 deep per position because for some the top 5-6 could be gone before we pick. 

..................................................................................

I would LOVE to add OJ Howard ... I assume straight up for Trent is "doable" ... probably shouldn't expect much more from them in return. In that case, I would do it. And if Moss is still there in the 5th, I pull the trigger on him.

Would free up our 3rd, 4th, 4th to go WR OT WR and maybe hit Defense in the 5th 7th 7th

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

With what type of parameters?  My wifi has been out, just came back on 2 hours ago, so I haven't had a chance to mess much with this thread and rankings this week.

For us this year the top 3 might not be that interesting aside from some rare positions like TE where the top 3 might come into play close to our pick.   Otherwise these guys are likely gone before our pick in the third.  I spent more time studying 2nd-4th tier type players for that reason and I have probably know them better or at least I think I do over some of the first round types in this draft.

I recall before each round last year, we listed the top guys we wanted.  

For this to work, I'd think we got to go like 10 deep per position because for some the top 5-6 could be gone before we pick. 

It wouldn’t be a draft, we’d each just select the guy we like the most from each tier - we’d find a single source to reference.

ie:

OT tier 1

Thomas

Wills

Wirfs

Becton

tier 2:

Jones

Jackson

Niang

Wilson

Tier 3

Peart

Cleveland

Bartch

Wanogho

Charles

Tier 4

Driscoll

Taylor

Heck

Clark

Tier 5

Vols

——————
We would each take the guy we like most from each tier - which allows us to pick guys we like from round 1 through round 7 to follow throughout the draft, and then throughout their careers. I think seeing who everyone picks, from those pools, would be incredibly interesting for our thread. I like the idea of everyone having the opportunity to select guys they’d covet from day 1 through day 3.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK so we pick whomever we think belongs in each tier, so for example the WR is deep so we have a longer list, etc?

The tiers would be determined by whichever publication we agreed upon, we would all select the guy we liked most from each tier — who we would draft, at that position, if those prosoects were available.

We can all take the same guys.

I’d select:

Tier 1

Thomas

Tier 2:

Jones

Tier 3:

Bartch

Tier 4:

🤷🏻‍♂️

I’d personally love to see ESers decide between guys with similar grades from the elite to the udfa types. It would require more time, so it may not be feasible or as enjoyable, but it’s the kind of thing I like & I’ll be looking at this crap anyway.

3 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I’d personally love to see ESers decide between guys with similar grades from the elite to the udfa types. It would require more time, so it may not be feasible or as enjoyable, but it’s the kind of thing I like & I’ll be looking at this crap anyway.

OK got it, I like that idea.  So we are pulling our favorite player per tier -- but first agree to which tier system we are working out of it. 

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK got it, I like that idea.  So we are pulling our favorite player per tier -- but first agree to which tier system we are working out of it. 

Absolutely. We would all use the same resource & be compelled to make tougher decisions, more akin to what we would have to do if actually drafting. Looking back at who we each selected would be interesting & offer bragging rights to those who pick the best of the elite prospects as well as those who find the studs in the middle & late round guys.... being forced to pass on guys is often more difficult than selecting one. 

Archived