Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2019 Season Prediction Thread: What Will Be Our Record This Year?

zCommander

Record  

118 members have voted

1. 1. What Will Be The Record

I went 7-9, even being optimistic you have a ton of turnover on the roster, those new parts will have to learn to play together. Doing that while running the gauntlet of the early matchups? Team gets punched in da mout a bit. Now the level of talent out there has increased markedly, and I do expect to see them get their feet under them and trend up after Halloween, and I think there may be a lot more games where it's close late and we're in it, as opposed to those where you just mute it at halftime and do something else around the house. 

I'm not expecting a double digit win season (but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised) but I do think that we could be "that" team that no one really wants to play late in the season, and we may wreck someone elses paloff hopes.

I am waiting until the preseason is over to decide.  Also want to see if we rack up any significant injuries to key players in the preseason. Hey, when it comes to the Skin's you have to factor it in unfortunately.  

Losing a couple of players here and the there is part of the game, but to start a season with key players hurt, or losing key starters during the year?  Well that is your 7-9, 6-10 season right there.

Frankly, I'm going 4-12. On paper, we have a great defense, but Manusky lost them last year and stopped playing for him. Worse, it really looked like he got figured out and teams know how to beat him. Unless the rookies develop fast on offense or suddenly our always injured guys don't get hurt and play out of their heads I just don't see offensive playmakers. Likewise, I don't see Jay out thinking the other coaches. He still refuses to adapt his game plans to attack individual weaknesses. He's so slow to modify his game and is almost always beaten after a half, after a bye, or whenever the game counts. It seems he maxes out his potential at 8-7-1.

Worse, Jay is a coach who has thrown in the towel and given up. He has mentally packed it in. I've even seen him look like he's surrendered before the opening kickoff.

We should have a very good run game. We could have a ferocious front seven. I think coaching kills us. I think inexperience at QB whether it's Case or Haskins kills us. Keenum's not a bad QB, but it's his first year with Jay, too. He's got a steep learning curve which may prove even more difficult if Jay goes along with his, "Well, let's see which QB emerges and not give any of them sufficient reps" model.

I'd love not only to be wrong, but stupidly wrong. We had a great draft. In fact, we've had a couple very good drafts in a row, but I don't think our coaching staff has made it to the Emerald City yet. They are still mired on the Yellow Brick Road wishing they had brains, heart, and courage.

What a loaded question. This team is busting at the seam with defensive probowl talent. Our Offensive line is above average to good. We have a hall of fame running back and a possible star in Guice. A 1ST Round QB who was arguably rated the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the draft. But the question is, do we stay healthy all year ? Healthy we are a 10-6 team but another injury plagued season and a bust at QB and we easily go 4-12 or 5-11.

I voted 7-9.  It's hard to assume we will have a successful season, because we haven't had much success these recent years.  Between a lot of new faces, recent issues regarding coaches and also players health, I don't see an immediate turnaround with a rookie QB.

John keim recently wrote an article with a quote something to the effect of "spring optimism cannot be punctured". I absolutely love that quote because it is so true.  This is the time of year that every team feels they've improved a lot and the playoffs are well within reach.  However once the games start a lot of teams are reminded they weren't all that good to begin with.  I know we had a lot of injuries last year, and I know we've added a lot of exciting pieces, but just remember the vibe in late December about how hopeless our short-term future was. I think people should remember that and temper their expectations. I love the direction of this team, but man we've got a long way to go in a lot of different areas to expect playoffs in 2019.  It could happen no doubt, but it shouldn't be expected.  There is a reason Vegas has the over under on the Redskins 2019 win total set at 6.

Don't get me wrong, I love the optimism, I'm very excited for the upcoming season myself.  I just feel there are too many things that need to be improved upon and of course getting some lucky breaks for us to make the jump this soon.

1 hour ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

What a loaded question. This team is busting at the seam with defensive probowl talent. Our Offensive line is above average to good. We have a hall of fame running back and a possible star in Guice. A 1ST Round QB who was arguably rated the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the draft. But the question is, do we stay healthy all year ? Healthy we are a 10-6 team but another injury plagued season and a bust at QB and we easily go 4-12 or 5-11.

It's not really a loaded question lol...but, as you perfectly described, it is a damn hard one to answer with any accuracy right now.

5 hours ago, Burgold said:

Worse, Jay is a coach who has thrown in the towel and given up. He has mentally packed it in. I've even seen him look like he's surrendered before the opening kickoff.

His face is always like that though...lol 

I am sure all coaches have some struggles with their GMs and owners. Why would anyone throw in the towel so when they are ousted they get a lesser of a job somewhere else? Yeah that makes no sense to me. 

As for your comments on the D the way I saw it is after Alex went down so did the D. No matter how hard the D tried they knew they could only do so much since the O was sputtering like hell last year. What is the point to give all you got and get hurt with no reward and deep down they knew in their hearts they might get a win or two and not going to the playoffs. 

Having a compliment O will help any D as well. The D stays off the field longer with longer O drives. We didn't have that last year. 

I know I said 11-5 and that is the most optimistic I can be right now based on what is on paper. Their will be bumps hopefully they are little ones. 

I hate to be so pessimy... pesim... negative about it, but I simply do not have a good feeling about next year.

I think 5-11 is somewhat too high, and it would take a few teams to lose some key players in order to sneak out a victory.

Jay will most likely be on the hot seat by week 8, and IMO there hasn't been any real upgrades, not to mention losing parts of the offense that actually made a difference last year, so I doubt this season will be pretty. To make matters worse, Bruce Allen is still with the organization, so until THAT day comes where he's shown the door, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'd frickin' LOVE to be wrong, so its up to Jay and the team to prove me wrong.  PLEASE, prove me wrong guys! 

21 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

There is a reason Vegas has the over under on the Redskins 2019 win total set at 6.

I'll take the Vegas odds and say 6 wins. However, if things break just right and our health is better than expected, I could see things breaking just right and winning 10 or 11 games. If the defense is as dangerous as it could be, and if the OL and Chris Thompson and Guice stay healthy, we can win a lot of games without great QB play. That is however a lot of ifs. Honestly, a 5-11 season with visible progress shown by Haskins, might be our best case scenario. I'd love a shot at Jerry Jeudy. 

On 5/12/2019 at 10:44 PM, Burgold said:

It's because of this...

giphy.gif

He really just wants to be doing this...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Heeeeeeeesss baaaaaaaack^^^^

1 hour ago, ThePackisback said:

You play us this year. You'll probably beat us.

Ya.... probably right...the Packers blow major balls have the ****tiest qb of all time to ever play the game and only had the very best defensive overhauls in the league this off season..but ya we'll definitely beat the ****ty Packers..

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Heeeeeeeesss baaaaaaaack^^^^

Ya.... probably right...the Packers blow major balls have the ****tiest qb of all time to ever play the game and only had the very best defensive overhauls in the league this off season..but ya we'll definitely beat the ****ty Packers..

I thought we would be good last year. We only won 6 games.

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Ya, but I think..not sure...things kinda smoothed out with McCarthy leaving?..nfc north should be interesting

I hope we can bounce back. I mean it seems like an eternity since we made the playoffs. Chicago will still be tough, Minnesota will probably be tough and Detroit is Detroit. The problem last year with us was coaching, No WRs, Terrible O line that allowed 51 sacks and no Defense at all.

3 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

I hope we can bounce back. I mean it seems like an eternity since we made the playoffs. Chicago will still be tough, Minnesota will probably be tough and Detroit is Detroit. The problem last year with us was coaching, No WRs, Terrible O line that allowed 51 sacks and no Defense at all.

So what did the pack do during the off-season to address the o line?..I've seen everything they've done on the defensive side and coaching but nothing much on the offensive side.

Archived