Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2019 Season Prediction Thread: What Will Be Our Record This Year?

zCommander

Record  

118 members have voted

1. 1. What Will Be The Record

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So what did the pack do during the off-season to address the o line?..I've seen everything they've done on the defensive side and coaching but nothing much on the offensive side.

We signed another OL Billy Turner to a 4 year deal. Hopefully he works out.

2 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

Elghton Jenkins OL from Mississippi State. You heard of him before?

I drafted him for the Vikings in our mock draft. Guy is a beast. He is also very versatile. Here was my final summary write-up: 

2nd Rd pick #50 overall - Elgton Jenkins, OL Miss State – After addressing Dline in the 1st, we really wanted to look Oline here and found a top target available in Jenkins. His versatility is the first thing that sticks out in that he has played virtually every position on the line. Having said that we expect him to man the LG position after signing Josh Kline for the RG job. He has great quickness for an interior lineman with good body control. He has great hand placement and leg drive. Good a creating leverage with his hands. Will need to work on driving his blocks and operating in space. After releasing Remmers this became a priority position. Jenkins should also be able to provide a back-up at C for Pat Eflien considering his injuries at C to lock down the inside of the Oline (at the time of the ES draft Brent Jones had not been resigned and it was not a sure thing he would be). Keeping one Mr. Kurt Cousins upright is a main priority after he took 40 sacks last yr – this after taking 41 the yr before which led to 22 fumbles – 12 lost over the two years. Cousins needs better protection and Jenkins should be a big part of doing that.

Where is the respect 🤔

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

Team Odds
New England Patriots 6/1
Los Angeles Rams 8/1
Kansas City Chiefs 10/1
New Orleans Saints 12/1
Cleveland Browns 14/1
Indianapolis Colts 15/1
Philadelphia Eagles 16/1
Los Angeles Chargers 19/1
Chicago Bears 20/1
Dallas Cowboys 22/1
Green Bay Packers 22/1
Minnesota Vikings 22/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 25/1
San Francisco 49ers 30/1
Atlanta Falcons 30/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 40/1
Baltimore Ravens 40/1
Seattle Seahawks 40/1
Houston Texans 40/1
Carolina Panthers 50/1
Denver Broncos 60/1
New York Jets 60/1
Tampa Bay Buccanneers 70/1
Tennessee Titans 70/1
Oakland Raiders 80/1
Detroit Lions 100/1
Buffalo Bills 125/1
Arizona Cardinals 125/1
New York Giants 125/1
Cincinnati Bengals 150/1
Washington Redskins 🙁 150/1
Miami Dolphins 200/1

2 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

I think the Skins win the East this year.

Vegas gives Washington better odds to win the east - & the Giants better odds to win the Sb. 🤔

ODDS TO WIN 2019-20 NFC EAST (12/29/19)
Team Odds
Philadelphia Eagles 11/10
Dallas Cowboys 7/5
Washington Redskins 10/1
New York Giants 15/1

43 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Vegas gives Washington better odds to win the east - & the Giants better odds to win the Sb. 🤔

ODDS TO WIN 2019-20 NFC EAST (12/29/19)
Team Odds
Philadelphia Eagles 11/10
Dallas Cowboys 7/5
Washington Redskins 10/1
New York Giants 15/1

I hate the Giants ever since they beat us twice in the playoffs. I've enjoyed their collapse the last 5 years.

3 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

I hate the Giants ever since they beat us twice in the playoffs. I've enjoyed their collapse the last 5 years.

The game immediately following the death of Philbin’s son was brutal — I can’t imagine being ready to call that game. 

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

The game immediately following the death of Philbin’s son was brutal — I can’t imagine being ready to call that game. 

Yeah that cost us. The team came out flat and demoralized after that. If that didn't happen I wonder if we could've won.

• 3 weeks later...

Redskins will surprise to the upside this season. Not to the tune of 13-3 or such but will be consistently tough.

My reasoning is that they have a formula for winning/remaining competitive. The plan requires:

1. Emphasize the running game

2. Stout Defense

3. Healthy O-line

4. QB's don't lose games

IMO that is how the team was put together for the current season. Without putting too fine a point on it, Defense was a priority in free agency, QB (Keenam) is a game manager and seat warmer. He was successful under a similar formula in Minnesota. Haskins (don't know a whole lot about him) but it appears he won't be tasked with carrying the offensive load, the running game will be emphasized. He can ease in without having to be "the man" right away. A good running game is a young QB's best friend. And of course a healthy O-line helps.

So long as the team can avoid the injury curse that has bedeviled them the past two years and the QB play is acceptable (average), then the Skins have a formula to compete. Perhaps an ounce of luck (Skins are due) will play a hand.

Disclosure, I am an Eagles fan. So my perspective is outside looking in. Not predicting a record since it is futile at this time of the year and I doubt I could be truly objective.

FWIW

• 3 weeks later...

Archived