Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

15 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

He’s in concussion protocol. Looks like he’s done for season,most likely. Apparently developed symptoms since the game. 

Meh, that's fine. We need to lose this game to ensure the #2 pick anyway. McLaurin is good enough that he could beat the sorry ass Cowboys by himself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Always interested to go back and look at weaknesses and see if 1) scouts were wrong 2) maybe scouts were right but someone worked on something and 3) what still exists

Weaknesses - NFL.com Scouting
  • Has build-up speed, but lacks early acceleration - That post route vs Philly tho...
  • Body catcher with below-average extension and high-pointing  He still body catches, anything that he doesn't need to extend his arms it's in the body on a catch.
  • Will need to intensify pace of his routes as a pro  Accomplished this i think
  • Long strides hinder short-area work underneath  Accomplished this i think
  • Lacks suddenness to separate from tight man   Visually its not a huge concern?  But Next Gen stats show him EXTREMELY Low (only golladay worse) on separation.  Not good for a speedster.
  • Below-average blocker and willingness to do so  Put this to bed - sincerely, AP
  • Doesn't create yards after catch with wiggle and needs it in stride I haven't seen this yet either.
  • Comes in hot and runs by special teams tackles  N/A
Edited by superozman
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, superozman said:
Always interested to go back and look at weaknesses and see if 1) scouts were wrong 2) maybe scouts were right but someone worked on something and 3) what still exists

Weaknesses - NFL.com Scouting
  • Has build-up speed, but lacks early acceleration - That post route vs Philly tho...
  • Body catcher with below-average extension and high-pointing  He still body catches, anything that he doesn't need to extend his arms it's in the body on a catch.
  • Will need to intensify pace of his routes as a pro  Accomplished this i think
  • Long strides hinder short-area work underneath  Accomplished this i think
  • Lacks suddenness to separate from tight man   Visually its not a huge concern?  But Next Gen stats show him EXTREMELY Low (only golladay worse) on separation.  Not good for a speedster.
  • Below-average blocker and willingness to do so  Put this to bed - sincerely, AP
  • Doesn't create yards after catch with wiggle and needs it in stride I haven't seen this yet either.
  • Comes in hot and runs by special teams tackles  N/A

What this tells me is that, by and large, scouts are full of ****.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Zierlein is excellent.  One of the best draftniks who isn't working for a team.  He scouts like 300 players a year and has his evals written up by like February.  Everyone misses things on tape.  You can't watch every game when you're scouting the whole class, and sometimes good players don't always look good on film.  In McLaurins case, his film was often unimpressive, particularly in comparison to some of the other receivers in that class.  He underachieved at Ohio State, part of that was his role, part of that was him just not playing to his potential.  It wasn't until the Senior Bowl that he really started showing out and indicating that he was better than advertised.  Even still, we didn't know how good he was when drafted him.

16 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I agree with @stevemcqueen1 that Zierline is generally one of the best evaluators of talent. I also really like Dane Brugler. But they all miss some. In fairness to Zierline, he was not the only one to not be too high on Terry. He did have a 3rd rd grade on him - which is where he went. Draft position makes their strengths and weaknesses a bit relative, at least to me. A projected 6th rder without good seperation is not the same as a guy projected in the 2nd or 3rd. The guy for the higher rds would mean it's an area he could improve but it does not mean they can;t do it where the 6th rder may just be incapable. 

And just to be fair, they should have posted when he said the strengths were. He had them nailed IMO. When you add the overall description, you get a guy that by the numbers doesn't do anything that jumps out at you to make him special but they guy just makes plays. That's pretty fair.: 

image.png.7eb0f8b73e4f4b4b2c70fdb4cd23fabc.png

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

****in love me some mclaurin..words the word on his health....did he recover okay?

That was a nasty slam to the unforgiving sideline. Saving grace was this happened at the end of the year and not like Wk 4 with him coming back in Wk 6 with the potential to have more stuff happen.

Just hope he has a quiet offseason... No yard work or hang gliding. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Maybe if Terry played the last game he could have been offensive ROY.  Nick Bosa wins defensive 🙄

Nooooope... we're the Redskins we dont get fancy stuff like that for our players..17 could have had 500 more yards and 6 more td's and still noooooooope..