Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

On 1/31/2022 at 11:58 PM, CTskin said:

My fear is that Terry wants to go somewhere relevant… and I don’t blame him. He doesn’t strike me as a guy who’s all about the money, there may not be a price that would keep him here. 

We all think highly of Terry because we know what his potential is with a good qb in a good scheme, but as of now he’s not sniffing top 10 rankings with anyone outside of this fanbase.

Terry is firmly set within the organisation. My guess - He’s on a promise for a major contract extension in about a months time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Terry is firmly set within the organisation. My guess - He’s on a promise for a major contract extension in about a months time.

Yeah my guess is he's already got a long term contract promised to him that he's basically agreed to and its just a matter of waiting for the official new league year to start so he can legally sign it. I don't think the team would have him out there promoting the new name/uniforms if they didn't know for sure he'd be there long term. Its why Brandon Scherff isn't out there even though he's more accomplished than Chase Young to this point.

• Like 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Yeah my guess is he's already got a long term contract promised to him that he's basically agreed to and its just a matter of waiting for the official new league year to start so he can legally sign it. I don't think the team would have him out there promoting the new name/uniforms if they didn't know for sure he'd be there long term. Its why Brandon Scherff isn't out there even though he's more accomplished than Chase Young to this point.

Got to think so haven’t you. Jon Allen is clearly top man in the locker room, Terry and Young main cornerstones thereafter, in theory. Probably from a merchandising perspective too.

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I want your optimism. 

if you look at terrys situation, him getting drafted by this team when he was is about as ugly as it gets… and it really hasn’t improved much in the 3 years since. No fans at the games, tarnished name, POS owner, poor facilities; there’s not much to fall in love with and keep him here. You add on that he is personally underachieving because of consistent poor qb play and a **** OC and any agent worth his weight should be in Terrys ear telling him to run. 

Apologies, that may have turned into more a vent sesh because of how awful everything about this “reveal” was…

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

If we draft Olave and get Samuel's back healthy, that's 4 sub 4.4 guys for a QB with the best long ball in the game. Pretty ****ing exciting. 

Yup and Wentz also actually has an o line now to give him the type of protection that allows him to push the ball downfield. if you resigned carter as well Youd have Olave 4.39, Samuel 4.31, mcclaurin 4.35, carter 4.44, brown 4.45, gibson 4.39, sims 4.56 at 6'5 220, thomas 4.61 at 6'6 250, reyes 4.65 at 6'5 260. Thats a ton of speed and a lot a defense would have to account for

• 2 weeks later...

One thing you can count on, Terry is going to go the full season and ball out. Contract year. If he signs, he’s going to want to prove his value. And if an extension isn’t reached, he’s playing for his big money contract. This is the year he’s going to demand the ball (to be the guy). And Wentz is probably to appease his no. 1.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 1

Looks like Terry is going to push the issue a bit.  Doesn’t sound like there is any type of agreement in place at this time.  It certainly appears that Washington wants to keep him, but if he top 5 receiver cash that might be a problem.

Makes sense to me. Basically, it's a soft hold out. He's staying with the team, but isn't putting himself at risk of a new injury until his contract situation is settled. Kinda sucks as we need Terry and Wentz to begin building that chemistry and timing. Hopefully, as soon as the draft is done the FO gets to work on Terry and get this done.

On 2/2/2022 at 12:32 PM, CTskin said:

I want your optimism. 

if you look at terrys situation, him getting drafted by this team when he was is about as ugly as it gets… and it really hasn’t improved much in the 3 years since. No fans at the games, tarnished name, POS owner, poor facilities; there’s not much to fall in love with and keep him here. You add on that he is personally underachieving because of consistent poor qb play and a **** OC and any agent worth his weight should be in Terrys ear telling him to run. 

Apologies, that may have turned into more a vent sesh because of how awful everything about this “reveal” was…

21 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I am totally expecting the Commies to **** this up.  I love McLaurin as much as anyone else but I can't blame anyone for wanting to get out of here. 

Its money making time. He can absolutely careless about the team’s situation, nor does any player exiting a rookie contract. Maximize your dollars.

2nd and/or 3rd contracts, legacy factors in a bit for a small number of players. 

9 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Its money making time. He can absolutely careless about the team’s situation, nor does any player exiting a rookie contract. Maximize your dollars.

2nd and/or 3rd contracts, legacy factors in a bit for a small number of players. 

He'll maximize his dollars regardless.

Trade and sign, re-sign, etc.

He'll make his money. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He'll maximize his dollars regardless.

Trade and sign, re-sign, etc.

He'll make his money. 

Oh ya, he could get traded to the Jags and he wouldn’t care—it’s money making time. It’s priority 1,2, and 3. 

If Washington chooses to meet his contract demands he’ll be in Washington. If your point is, there’s no connection to Washington on his part, I’d agree for the most part. 

He could be in KC, BUF, or Packers and it would be the same issue, pay him or trade him. It doesn’t matter to him—money making time. 

Edited by wit33

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

I didn't really flush that out as best as I could have.

I was alluding to that Terry is a good guy.  Like, he's a good guy.   And I would completely understand if he didn't want to be involved with a franchise that's got an owner with numerous sexual harassment allegations and a financial scandal brewing.  

He is going to get a lot of dollars.  He will get it from the Commies or he will get it from somewhere else.  Fear not, Terry is going to get paid.  

As far as going into this season without an extension or a new contract, he can bet on himself.  We all seem to forget that these guys go to big D1 schools on a scholarship and, until this past year, couldn't make any money while doing so.  So they bet on themselves to make it two or three years at their respective school, get drafted and to get paid.  

This is no different.  I can absolutely see a guy like Terry betting on himself to do what he's always done this year, maybe even better with Wentz and hit free agency next offseason in order to still get paid and get away from this ****show.  

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I am totally expecting the Commies to **** this up.  I love McLaurin as much as anyone else but I can't blame anyone for wanting to get out of here. 

If they didn't **** up, they wouldn't be a Dan Snyder team.

I think we have to draft a receiver with one  first 2 pics. Our rookie could be Terry's replacement,  if we **** things up. I prefer getting a WR at 11. It's an offensive league and we need to get Carson as many weapons as possible. We can fill our defensive holes later in draft and free agency. 

• Like 1