Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

I wasn't considering RB or DT, but Bryce Love was my #2 RB in this draft. He's a monster, and I suppose a replacement share back (for Thompson when his deal is up) with Guice. LOVE IT!!! Granted for whatever reason he didn't see heavy work in a satellite role though he did add 20 catches last year which suggests he can do it. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

You haven't been paying attention toe, but that's fine, that's not your job.  I wanted a LG either first or second round, that's why I'm not happy we ate waiting until 4th.  Don't try to convince yourself there's no difference between the two, and since this is a discussion board I'm allowed to say how i feel about that.

You absolutely are, but I think you’re missing the forest through there trees.  The skins picked a QB at 15, and they kinda had to with Haskins dropping to 15.  And QB will always impact the game more than a LG.

Then they used their second to trade up to get what could be an elite pass rusher.  Also, will impact more than a LG.

We can quibble about the 3rd rounder going WR vs  Guard.  However they desperately need help at WR and I’m going to guess they didn’t have a guard as highly rated on their board.  

They moved back 16 spots to pick up a second. 4th rounder, and that’s not a lot at this point. 

Because of the Smith injury and contract situation they HAD to come out of this draft with a potential starter for 2020. Check.

The second biggest need was pass rusher.  Check.

now we get to WR/TE/Guard/Safety.  Shrug.  I have to problem with the approach.  I would like to see them stack at Guard 

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Love seeing Haskins and Sweat in DC!

I don't get the RB pick.  I mean, we've got an old yet still effective AP and Guice.  I think we should have gone OLine but...whatever.

Dont think Love will play this season. he is a replacement for Thompson in 2020. And no denying Loves talent IF he recovers from that knee. I think they could have probably gotten him with our second 4th rounder. But whatever. They obviously are going heavy offensive skill positions this draft.

1 minute ago, httrMP said:

A bit confused taking a RB here.

He was considered perhaps the best RB in the class coming into the fall of '18 before his season went sour and he got hurt. He's a long term investment which is something I never expected after these yokels weren't fired. I love the pick. HUGE value. 2118 yards rushing and 19 TD's in 2017. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s a definition of a luxury pick and the Skins should not have done that...

My first real issue with approach.  Especially since he won’t be ready for 2019, so now 2 of the 4 picks don’t really help you this year, depending on how quickly Haskins gets into the lineup.

I will be shocked if Haskins isnt our day one starter this year. 

Archived