Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

I took love in the 4th in the ES mock draft (broncos). So I love the upside.  Just hope there is not a lingering issue with that knee, but I'm sure the medical staff did their homework.  

The Redskins continue their approach of drafting players with a recent medical issue, hoping there is no long term effect and taking advantage of the stock dropping.  As always, will be interesting to see if it pays off.   

2 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

He's gone, Arizona if i'm not mistaken. 

Yes, butler was first pick today

1 minute ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Anyone know why Deionte Thompson hasn’t been picked? I understand the injury but he was getting 2-3rd round grades

Don't know, but he seems a great complement to LC.  and he is a bama boy!  

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I agree with you. He would have been my number two back behind Barkley last year if he came out. I was stunned he decided to go back to school and it ended up being an awful decision.

Love's speed and elusiveness are insane.  He's the type of player you have to game plan against.  The injury gives me pause so hopefully they know what they are doing on that front. 

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

It is doubtful Haskins or Love will contribute the first half of the season. That goes against what they said, they wanted players that could play right away.

Very confused by the Love pick with so many needs.

I dunno, I think Haskins is going to get every opportunity to come in and start.  I'm not predicting he's the week 1 starter but it wouldn't be surprise me if he was.

4 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Anyone know why Deionte Thompson hasn’t been picked? I understand the injury but he was getting 2-3rd round grades

I can't post a link to this but I have link to a site that quotes scouts on some players.  For Thompson there are concerns he didn't run so they don't know his speed.  They say there are character issues but didn't specify what they were.   Wonderlic of 14.  Some question his instincts and playmaking ability. 

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

It is doubtful Haskins or Love will contribute the first half of the season. That goes against what they said, they wanted players that could play right away.

Very confused by the Love pick with so many needs.

Who cares what they said. It's the 4th round, get a good player you like. Drafting win now players in the mid rounds is...not a winning strategy

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Trevon Wesco seems to be the Jordan Reed antithesis.  

Perfect description.  Some will defend him this way saying he can look like Mark Bavaro with the ball in his hands, catches well but does he have the speed to get open?  If they drafted him though I wouldn't have hated it.   He's fun in a way.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Who cares what they said. It's the 4th round, get a good player you like. Drafting win now players in the mid rounds is...not a winning strategy

Agree, hopefully the injury ends up fine.  Otherwise, he has star potential.  I can't recall ever saying that about one of their 4th rounders in the past. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love's speed and elusiveness are insane.  He's the type of player you have to game plan against.  The injury gives me pause so hopefully they know what they are doing on that front. 

Sorry to quote such a big post. But this one deserves it. Folks if you havent read that letter. Do yourself a favor and read it. Thanks for sharing!

2 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

A lot of guards coming off the board. Not gonna pretend I know anything, but could Love have been our next pick and we take a guard with our first pick today?

Ravens took Hill after us. I'm thinking they expected them to take a RB and we didnt want to miss out on Love

Well, I suppose you draft 4th round talent with your 4th round pick or you can draft 1st/2nd round talent with an "issue", (this one being medical) and roll the dice.  FO obviously thinking the pros outweigh the cons and also thinking long-term.  Nothing wrong with a gamble in the 4th round.  Bryce Love is a very Bobby Beathard type pick/gamble.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Plenty of players that better fill needs for this year and beyond including protecting their first round selection. 

Archived