Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

Surprised to see future thinking right now, but I like the pick. 

AP, Guice, CT this year.

AP and CT could both be gone the year after. This pick is for then.

And I bet they had him graded much closer to a 2nd round talent than a 4th, ACL aside. So they grab him for the future with an extra pick. 

Explains why they were so confident trading back. 

Let's hope that knee is recovering better than the early reports indicate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/19/report-concerns-about-amount-of-stiffness-in-bryce-loves-knee/amp/

If he came out last year, he would've been a borderline day 1 pick.  A torn acl and mediocre 2018 season later, I think it's a risk/reward kind of pick.  Could be a very valuable offensive weapon. 

It is apparent in this draft that they are staying true to their board, and acting on what is best for the long term.  I have to give the FO credit, as we all know they have a short leash, but they aren't drafting for the short term out of self interest, they seem to be doing what is best for the team over the long haul.  

Just now, The Consigliere said:

He was considered perhaps the best RB in the class coming into the fall of '18 before his season went sour and he got hurt. He's a long term investment which is something I never expected after these yokels weren't fired. I love the pick. HUGE value. 2118 yards rushing and 19 TD's in 2017. 

Where is he going to fit on our roster this year though ?

AP, Guice, Thompson, and Marshall.

I think they all have jobs.

I don't think we keep 5 RB's.

And I don't think he lasts on the PS.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I will be shocked if Haskins isnt our day one starter this year. 

I doubt he plays early.  They will bring him along slowly and both case and McCoy will be better early options. 

It will be a completion, however if they want to win immediately, I think Case gives them the best chance. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s a definition of a luxury pick and the Skins should not have done that...

My first real issue with approach.  Especially since he won’t be ready for 2019, so now 2 of the 4 picks don’t really help you this year, depending on how quickly Haskins gets into the lineup.

Agreed. He tore his ACL in December which basically means he's unlikely to be ready to play until mid-season maybe. Even then he'll need to be brought along slowly. Seems like a luxury pick with some quality OL on the board. So we now will have 2 RBs this season coming off of ACL injuries. 

1 minute ago, boston skins fan said:

This is the scratch my head pick of the draft.   like apke last year.

And Nicholson the year before.  It's like they get together and say"ok guys, it's the fourth round, let's throw the fans a curve ball and mess with them!"

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Holy ****! They are going BPA only I guess in round 3. We dont need him. But Guice and Love in the same backfield two seasons from now? Wow!

But I don't get it. Of Guice pans out do we really want a commitee? 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s a definition of a luxury pick and the Skins should not have done that...

My first real issue with approach.  Especially since he won’t be ready for 2019, so now 2 of the 4 picks don’t really help you this year, depending on how quickly Haskins gets into the lineup.

Why not? The only issue w/a pick like this is if you're a win now team, and we shouldn't be since non-redskins people have us tabbed for 4-6 wins next year. Getting a potential elite RB is huge. Love that, especially w/the complications Guice has had in his recovery. We've got two quality backs when Thompson's contract is up after the '19 season. It's perfect. 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Gruden preferred Marshall to Bibbs for reasons unknown.  

Gruden did, but who says Gruden made this pick? People said Dan Snyder was going to take control of this draft, I bet Snyder was the one who ordered this pick! :P

Archived