Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

4th Round is officially called Head-Scratcher round for Redskins

Nicholson

Apke

Love

Nicholson and Apke were guys who draft geeks questioned as for their production.  They were off beat-off the reservation type of picks.  Sort of like the Josh Leribius pick years before that.   Love is one of the biggest names from college football.   He was arguably the most explosive player in college football in 2017. 

For me I don't have an all in for 2019 approach.  IMO we aren't going to the playoffs or even if we did we aren't going to the big dance.    If there is an issue with this team among other things is lack of speed and lack of game breakers.  Bryce Love helps address that.  If he recovers from that ACL properly.  I expect them to leave this draft with holes.

Love IMO is a player you game plan to stop.  We don't have many guys like that right now. 

My god. All this ****ing about picking up a talented player because he’s not who you wanted or is injured. We’re in the 4th guys. You know what else was a headscratcher of a 4th? Picking a QB in round 4 after we’d traded the farm to take a QB who was viewed as “cant miss” in round 1. I’m sure most of you weren’t ****ing about that headscratcher of a 4th when Cousins was throwing for a million yards.

5 minutes ago, KingGibbs said:

Love's the first bad pick of the draft. No rhyme or reason when we desperately need OL and WR depth. Actually this was an assinine pick die to his injury and you'd think they'd learn from the injury riddled seasons the past two seasons. 

You haven’t the earthliest clue what will be a good pick or a bad pick. The fact that you assume to know is what’s asinine, and is the belief that day 3 picks are taken to fill immediate needs. 

Just now, UKskins said:

My god. All this ****ing about picking up a talented player because he’s not who you wanted or is injured. We’re in the 4th guys. You know what else was a headscratcher of a 4th? Picking a QB in round 4 after we’d traded the farm to take a QB who was viewed as “cant miss” in round 1.

I like this take.  

Just now, UKskins said:

My god. All this ****ing about picking up a talented player because he’s not who you wanted or is injured. We’re in the 4th guys. You know what else was a headscratcher of a 4th? Picking a QB in round 4 after we’d traded the farm to take a QB who was viewed as “cant miss” in round 1.

But that qb in the 4th gave us four quality mediocre seasons!

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think I'll wait till the rest of the draft plays out before I say that. Glad you've got it all figured out. 

Personally, I would have preferred Ben Powers now and then wait and see of Love falls to this next pick...

But 3 RBs have gone since we took him. Very possible we wouldn't have gotten our guy and will still get a good second option at our next pick. 

I get it,there have also been 4 OL and a TE taken since then. 

Just now, PokerPacker said:

Seriously, what is the red flag causing Mack Wilson to still be available?  This is killing my mock draft grade!

he is a little undisciplined. But I agree with you I had a late 2 early 3 grade on him. He is my top player left on my board as well.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

But that qb in the 4th gave us four quality mediocre seasons!

To be fair to Cousins, and I am firmly in the hater camp. He performed well enough to convince a playoff team to make him the highest paid QB ever.

I wouldn't put Love in the same list as Apke or Nicholson. Love has legit talent, production, and pedigree, but fell due to an injury. Nicholson and Apke were both head scratchers(although Nicholson has shown some game in the NFL, just lack of consistency/polish, Apke is basically already a bust).

Archived