Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

5 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

We know that he was ranked lower than FOUR guards (Samia, Froholdt, Powers, and Phil Haynes) that were taken since we reached for a running back with one good leg who won't be available until 2020 at the earliest and could have been taken in the 6th because no other team would have burned a 4th on him...

life suicide GIF by David

5 minutes ago, KingGibbs said:

Why so sensitive Bruce? Unlike you I will both applaud and criticize each pick. I said it was the FIRST bad pick. Meaning I loved the first three picks. How the **** do you know Love is going to be a good player? At least I gave several reasons as to why I thought it was a bad pick while you're shooting the Kool aid into your veins

We’ve finally got our first “Bruce” on Day 3.  That should tell you right there that it’s been a competent draft.

3 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I have yet to claim I know anything. I haven’t poured over hundreds of hours of film or interviewed anyone. What are your credentials for declaring what’s a good or bad pick in April? 

It's a forum where people discuss football. Why are you even here?

Just now, mistertim said:

His pressures/sacks allowed stats are nice, and his raw numbers seem to indicate good agility. But I'm a little worried about his size. 6'2 1/2 is pretty short for a G. Wingspan is pretty bleh. 

Yeah. That explains why he wasnt a combine invite. His measurables are pretty meh except for his bench numbers. It appears he is a better pass pro guy than run blocker. Lets see what Callahan can do with him.

1 minute ago, Berggy9598 said:

Call Kyle Smith up, show him your draft board and credentials, and demand answers!!!!

The question was more to the y'all, I'm sure there's a reason.  Unless you got one, no need to be a smartass.  I like this guy, but Jordan is bigger and played with Haskins, why I asked.

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

His pressures/sacks allowed stats are nice, and his raw numbers seem to indicate good agility. But I'm a little worried about his size. 6'2 1/2 is pretty short for a G. Wingspan is pretty bleh. 

Not really sure why height would be a consideration for a LG. Easier to see over is a positive. All of that weight lower to the ground is harder to move and gives better leverage in the run game. Harder to get under his pads.

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

that makes me feel a lot better about this pick. Maybe he was the Guard they wanted and on top of the board...So the trading down and taking Love really was a luxury pick. Or they reached because all the other Guards were gone lol I dunno

5 minutes ago, turtle said:

Why would we replace him?

Because he's a walking injury on the last year of his extension? Why would you re-sign a non-special RB to a 3rd contract is the real question, when you can replace them with mid-round rookie contracts.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not really sure why height would be a consideration for a LG. Easier to see over is a positive. All of that weight lower to the ground is harder to move and gives better leverage in the run game. Harder to get under his pads.

It's certainly not as much of an issue as it is for a Tackle, but you still want your Guards to have some length in order to get their hands on a guy first and get that punch. If he goes against a 6'4-6'5 DT/DE with a good wingspan and who can use his hands well it could be problematic. I'm certainly not saying it's the end of the world or a bad pic, just that I can see it as a concern for teams and probably one of the reasons why he isn't really on many peoples' radars.

Archived