Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things "AOC" Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez & the Squad.

88Comrade2000

14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I just wish I knew where she got this talent/skill from. I want it. 

Honestly, I think it is just her being genuine in what she believes in.  She isn't saying one thing publicly and then another thing behind closed doors.  Besides her, Katie Porter down in SoCal is another one.  She won in 2016 in what has been an Orange County-type GOP stronghold.  When you hear her ask questions, there is just something different.  They don't ask questions that allow the person to just go off on some kind of big vague spin.  

• Like 4

Aside from these congress woman being woman and of color, what scares the establishment is that they aren’t on the political grandstanding tip. They are doing politics differently and it upsets the corporate media and established politicians. It is also shocking to a lot of many ears because we aren’t used to this type of politics. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Aside from these congress woman being woman and of color, what scares the establishment is that they aren’t on the political grandstanding tip. They are doing politics differently and it upsets the corporate media and established politicians. It is also shocking to a lot of many ears because we aren’t used to this type of politics. 

I think what stands out is how the questions themselves don't feel like traps on the surface.  The questions aren't preceded by a big monologue or diatribe.  The questions are simple, but important, and they let the witness bury themselves with the answers.  The way AOC was asking very simple questions to answer, yet Zuckerberg was pretty much forced into admitting there is no consistency in how FB determines what should be taken down.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

They can't stand the fact that people that don't look like them are smarter than them and making them look foolish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AOC is impressive all the way around.

I may not be a fan of her policy ideas but so far I'm absolutely a fan of how she carries herself (and so far she's proven to be quite capable, intelligent and level headed which is what we need more off in our leadership positions...)

Edited by tshile
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

. . . or she asks questions like a person who graduated cum laude from college and who was good enough to intern for Ted Kennedy

Plenty of smart people, this is different because of how grounded she is. Similar to Warren. They are pushing for stuff that would've directly affected them, like they dont want anyone else to go through it.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

What is her point?  NYC actually won, despite offering far less in incentives than others, but then local opposition-supported by AOC-chased them out. So....who ****ing cares?

I think it's because they're still bringing a campus to NYC, but NYC doesn't have to give up anything in the process

I could be wrong, but I thought that NY wasn't getting NEARLY the jobs that they thought it could have.

Also, I have a problem with democrats crying foul with large corporations paying little to no taxes while also offering them tax breaks to locate in their areas.  The only real tax dollars coming from a relocation like this are coming off of the backs of workers.  It's hypocritical.

Edited by Springfield

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I could be wrong, but I thought that NY wasn't getting NEARLY the jobs that they thought it could have.

Also, I have a problem with democrats crying foul with large corporations paying little to no taxes while also offering them tax breaks to locate in their areas.  The only real tax dollars coming from a relocation like this are coming off of the backs of workers.  It's hypocritical.

Correct, instead of 25,000 jobs, they are getting about 1,500. 

The article AOC tweeted quotes Governor Cuomo, who estimates that NY would have reaped about $25 billion in economic benefits if they got the 25,000 jobs. 

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Correct, instead of 25,000 jobs, they are getting about 1,500. 

The article AOC tweeted quotes Governor Cuomo, who estimates that NY would have reaped about $25 billion in economic benefits if they got the 25,000 jobs. 

Right, but at the same time, those benefits aren't coming from Amazon, correct?

As in, Amazon pays no taxes.  The added economic benefit comes from the payroll taxes of the employees, their local spending and the taxes generated from this?

• Like 1