Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things "AOC" Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez & the Squad.

88Comrade2000

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I've got no problem killing off habitual farters. Eat a healthy, balanced meal. Not smothered pork chops every day.

Save the Earth

Not a fan of pork myself, have it rarely, but I have to confess I love barbecued ribs from Flanagans in Stewart Fla. Good thing our ancestors did not think like you. It was cooked meat that contributed to Homosapiens brain growth 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

It wasn’t a distribution center, it was a corporate office. And the funniest thing about this dumb post, is that Amazon is actually building a distribution warehouse in her district in queens: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.amny.com/business/amazon-signs-lease-for-massive-warehouse-in-queens/amp/

And cow farts do contribute to climate change: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/the-strange-war-against-cow-farts

People much smarter than you identified the problem and are working on fixing it.

You are right when it comes to splitting hairs. It was not a distribution center it was expansion of offices or something. Can't remember. Whatever it was her disission cost NYC 25000 jobs, according to Cumo.  See Times article. Cheers.

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

You are right when it comes to splitting hairs. It was not a distribution center it was expansion of offices or something. Can't remember. Whatever it was her disission cost NYC 25000 jobs, according to Cumo.  See Times article. Cheers.

She saved thousands of her constituents from having to relocate once they were priced out by the gentrification that would come with a mega corporate office relocating to the heart of a working class community. Effectively turning Queens into another Manhattan and Brooklyn, a community for the elite, but too pricey for the working class. 

She literally did what most politicians pretend to do: care about the needs of her working class community instead of corporate interests.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

She saved thousands of her constituents from having to relocate once they were priced out by the gentrification that would come with a mega corporate office relocating to the heart of a working class community. Effectively turning Queens into another Manhattan and Brooklyn, a community for the elite, but too pricey for the working class. 

She literally did what most politicians pretend to do: care about the needs of her working class community instead of corporate interests.

Most times when you build something you are going to have to displace someone or something. Remember when they were building in Atlantic City. People were complaining about being displaced even though they were compensated for their property. Now go look at how they transformed a decaying minor city into a great place to work and how they created thousands of jobs in south Jersey. The job outlook and real estate prices have risen in south Jersey since the rebuilding of AC. Every time you build a highway you have to relocate someone but that is the price of progress.  P.S. Ask Cumo and Deblazio if it was a good move by AOC. Cheers.

28 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

^^this times 1000

If you watch Fox News, lack critical thinking, and scream "BUT MUH FREEDOMZ"when asked to wear a mask, you're a boomer.

Are Nancy and Chuck boomers or are they too old? How about Joe hair plugs? 

Actually, the GOP probably has more younger members than Dems. Especially, in many leadereship positions.  The older Dems don't want to give up those leadership positions; especially when they control congress.   They hate AOC and her crowd.  

While I disagree with AOC on many things, I think they should challenge the incumbents.   Both parties need a new generation to take over. 

• Like 3

A company the size of Amazon should be willing to invest in the community they look to move into in other ways besides just paying wages of it's employees.  They shouldn't be skirting taxes that go directly into supporting schools, institutions, etc etc...Amazon is not a small mom & pop business that needs incentives or a symbolic red carpet rolled out for them.  It is a sad state of affairs when a corporation the size of Amazon is still looking for sweetheart deals that absolves them as much as possible to the support of local communities they want to occupy space in. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Actually, the GOP probably has more younger members than Dems. Especially, in many leadereship positions.  The older Dems don't want to give up those leadership positions; especially when they control congress.   They hate AOC and her crowd.  

While I disagree with AOC on many things, I think they should challenge the incumbents.   Both parties need a new generation to take over. 

Just being young does not make you right. Was Kennedy right when he got us involved in Vietnam?  He was young. You have to be very careful about who you vote for. It is easy to get pulled in by someone with carisma. See JFK debate. Nothing wrong with challenging someone in power but the challenger may be worse than the guy who was there in the first place.

27 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Most times when you build something you are going to have to displace someone or something. Remember when they were building in Atlantic City. People were complaining about being displaced even though they were compensated for their property. Now go look at how they transformed a decaying minor city into a great place to work and how they created thousands of jobs in south Jersey. The job outlook and real estate prices have risen in south Jersey since the rebuilding of AC. Every time you build a highway you have to relocate someone but that is the price of progress.  P.S. Ask Cumo and Deblazio if it was a good move by AOC. Cheers.

55 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Have you ever been to Queens? It’s an incredible burrough, with a deep history of welcoming newcomers to this country and supporting small businesses of working class families.

Turning that into just another gentrified yuppy area serves absolutely no one. 

A lot of times you build something, you really don’t have to displace an entire community or wipe out their history. Amazon is building its new HQ in a deeply left wing Arlington, VA and received no pushback because they aren’t displacing an existing community. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Sure ya are. 

No, really I am. I voted for Ross Perot and Jimmy Carter the first time. Have no love for the Bushes. Would have voted for Mondale if he was up against anyone but Reagan. Was not crazy about Obama but I did like how he got lower income families health care. 

6 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

No, really I am. I voted for Ross Perot and Jimmy Carter the first time. Have no love for the Bushes. Would have voted for Mondale if he was up against anyone but Reagan. Was not crazy about Obama but I did like how he got lower income families health care. 

All of that may be true.  I still don't believe you are not a Trump supporter.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz

On 4/17/2019 at 4:17 PM, tshile said:

Many people don’t go on those shows because it’s a trap. The guest won’t get to speak and is just attacked by the hosts and out on the defensive. 

It’s awful to watch because there’s nothing intelligent about it. If the guest starts doing well they quickly change subjects and shut it down. 

Although its still hilarious sometimes...

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Have you ever been to Queens? It’s an incredible burrough, with a deep history of welcoming newcomers to this country and supporting small businesses of working class families.

Turning that into just another gentrified yuppy area serves absolutely no one. 

A lot of times you build something, you really don’t have to displace an entire community or wipe out their history. Amazon is building its new HQ in a deeply left wing Arlington, VA and received no pushback because they aren’t displacing an existing community. 

NYC has always been a welcome spot for imagrents. My grandparents came through there from Ireland and Italy. Building a plant wont't change that. I grew  up in Paterson NJ and I worked in NYC in the 60s. Had a job, before FAX machines, where I reported to the Paterson news paper. They gave me a round trip bus ticket to NYC and a list of all the customers that were going to advertise in the paper that day or week. After getting off the bus at Port Authority, having a few beers at the Terminal bar across the street,  I would jog to all the addresses that were on that list to pick up the ads that were scheduled to run in the paper so I was pretty familiar with Manhatten. Far as Queens just went to some Jet and Met games there but there are lots of small neighborhoods in NYC like little Italy and Chinatown. Want a experience, ride a mc through Manhatten at rush hour. Moved to South Jersey in 74 and only went to a few Yankee games in the 70s. Went back to NYC this past year to a Yankees game and I could not believe how the city has deterioted in the last 50 years. With all the regulations and BS hapining in NYC the past decade I could not believe a company like Amazon would want to locate there as they can pretty much go anyplace they want. Like I said, ask Cumo and Deblazio if they liked her decision. I could care less but I do feel for the people that could have worked there. 

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

All of that may be true.  I still don't believe you are not a Trump supporter.  

You can think what you want. I did not vote in the last election as I did not like either candidate and we were on vacation in Paris. Beautiful city, puts NYC to shame.