Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things "AOC" Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez & the Squad.


Rdskns2000
 Share

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Contractors don't have any special knowledge about the real estate market, as you note (in bold).  

You're pretty bold in the statements you make, what do you do for a living that makes you know so much about contractors and the REO market?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

You're pretty bold in the statements you make, what do you do for a living that makes you know so much about contractors and the REO market?

 

Attorney in housing finance law (and formerly worked in the mortgage industry).  In any event, his post literally said "You may be right about homes all over the country selling fast, about that I have no knowledge."

Edited by PleaseBlitz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

 

Attorney in housing finance law.  

Well, your wrong. Every one of those cash investors you and @tshile were referring to most likely have an entire contracting team or a contractor actually started the LLC that holds the properties.

 

How do you not know that if you're in or around the business?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Well, your wrong. Every one of those cash investors you and @tshile were referring to most likely have an entire contracting team or a contractor actually started the LLC that holds the properties.

 

How do you not know that if you're in or around the business?

 

NO YOUR WRONG.  :ols:

 

The poster I was referring to did not say he was a RE investor, he said he was a contractor.  If he said he was an investor, I would have responded differently (even thought he literally said "about that I have no knowledge.")

Edited by PleaseBlitz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

 

The poster I was referring to did not say he was a RE investor, he said he was a contractor.  If he said he was an investor, I would have responded differently (even thought he literally said "about that I have no knowledge.")

Fair enough but when I see a husband and wife REO agent/Contractor duo the first thing that comes to my mind is that they probably dabble in buying below market skips which they renovate and sell.

 

But the reality is a contractor doesn't need an REO agent but an REO agent definitely needs a contractor if they have some sort of side hussle with skips/foreclosures.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DCranon21 said:

Here is a question I have for the last 3 years. What is it with AOC and conservative men? It's like she triggers them and they feel offended if she says or does anything. Go to her Twitter feed and you will see what I mean. 

She threatens their precious status quo.

 

(And they probably also hate themselves for finding her attractive and smart.)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JSSkinz said:

Fair enough but when I see a husband and wife REO agent/Contractor duo the first thing that comes to my mind is that they probably dabble in buying below market skips which they renovate and sell.

 

But the reality is a contractor doesn't need an REO agent but an REO agent definitely needs a contractor if they have some sort of side hussle with skips/foreclosures.

 

 

He was trying to shoehorn his experience into having some expert knowledge of the RE market after I noted that his experience of having neighbors sell homes quickly was very common in the current environment and not related to people fleeing NYC in droves due to taxes and crime.  If he and his wife were real estate investors, he would have said so.  I agree with your second paragraph, but would just not that there are a ton of contractors that are not involved in buying and selling houses, they are just contractors.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The very thing that some deride her for - snicker, a mere bartender holding a seat in Congress - is what I find fascinating and appealing.  Who better to represent her working class constituents?  Of the people, by the people, for the people...

 

And watching her questioning during committee hearings it is clear that she is whip smart and focused on her job representing those who elected her. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

She threatens their precious status quo.

 

(And they probably also hate themselves for finding her attractive and smart.)

First she does not threaten me and my only gripe is that she may be too young to have the power to vote down a deal like the Amazon NYC deal. Like every politician she has some good ideas and some not so good. Personally I do not care about her or NYC. I live in NJ so whatever she does does not affect me. I do feel sorry for the job loss but if that is what they wanted then it will be good for the next town that gets the deal.

Edited by 50yrSKINSfan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know much about Queens, but from what I gathered - they wanted to put the HQ smack dab in the middle of an area that is unlikely to employ many of the folks in that area.  So what it would ultimately lead to is generations of people needing to take a hike to make way for the fancy new 'gentrification' that is sure to occur as a result.  For every property owner that would stand to make coin from selling in that scenario, are hundreds if not thousands of renters being pushed further away.

 

If that is the case, and that's what seems most likely, I entirely understand why the people would want nothing to do with that at all.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

 

*sigh, I'll ask again. When is last time you've been to Crystal City?

 

That article and others I've looked at dont answer the route 1 question.  A second metro station and expanding VRE really is only way, but also don't see where Amazon were offered $500  million to do it.

 

 

Well, you and county board seems to be thinking along the same lines (probably not too surprisingly).  From the article I linked previously

 

Quote

The main transportation projects included in the pitch to Amazon are:

 

  • A second, eastern entrance to the Crystal City Metro station
  •  
  • A second, southwestern entrance to the proposed Potomac Yard Metro station
  •  
  • A new pedestrian bridge connecting Crystal City to Reagan National Airport
  •  
  • An expansion of the Crystal City-Potomac Yard bus rapid transit system
  •  
  • Improvements to Route 1 through Crystal City and Pentagon City

 

Looks like they're hoping to increase access to existing stations rather than go after a new station.  The article also mentioned that they hope to lead to VRE expansion.  Looks like the funding split is 300 county, 200 state, with those 200 being long requested by the County, but state not acting on it till the Amazon deal came along.

 

Now, I don't frequent Crystal City often enough to have any specific suggestions beyond that it's a congestion hellhole and I don't go unless I'm forced to. I have no doubt county board and residents like you have a much better handle on the specifics of what is needed.

 

But the broader logics don't require knowledge of specific transportation project priorities.  Everyone agrees Crystal City needs transportation works, even before Amazon.  History of funding request also shows that county wasn't going to get much help from the state without Amazon. 

 

So if the improvement from the additional 200 million being subsidized by the state outweighs the congestion Amazon adds to the area, then the deal is a good one (this assumes county could have bankrolled 300 million worth of projects even without state funding or expected added revenue from Amazon HQ).

 

If the right use of 200 million would outweigh the added Amazon HQ traffic, but these arent it, then the issue is with specific project plans by the county, not the broader Amazon HQ plan.

 

If the contention is that Amazon should pay for county infrastructure improvements as a condition of locating there, it's a pipe dream.  

 

To tie it back to AOC, she will be a much better advocate for her constituents if she focuses on improving these types of deals instead of scrapping them altogether.  If nothing but a perfect deal will do, where corporations even end up paying for things that government would and should maintain such as infrastructure, it's unreasonable and unrealistic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

First she does not threaten me and my only gripe is that she may be too young to have the power to vote down a deal like the Amazon NYC deal. Like every politician she has some good ideas and some not so good. Personally I do not care about her or NYC. I live in NJ so whatever she does does not affect me. I do feel sorry for the job loss but if that is what they wanted then it will be good for the next town that gets the deal.

Are you a conservative blasting her on Twitter?

 

It didn't even occur to me that you would identify with my post in any way.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

 

Yes.  Contractors don't have any special knowledge about the real estate market, as you note (in bold).  In any event, I gave you the actual data, nobody cares about your anecdotes that just happen to sound like Fox News talking points. 

Did I offend you or something like spit on your driveway. You seem to be spending the whole day trying to find fault with my posts even questioning the way I made a living. By the way, I do not care about real estate data from the whole country. It does not affect me as I am not moving to the west coast so save your stats. It has nothing to do with the Amazon NYC deal and that was what bothered me about the AOC vote. Then for some strange reason you try to link me to a political party when I stated I have no affiliation and I rarely vote on top of it as I do not care about politicians as I think they are mostly dirt bags, not woth my time.   Me and my wife have spent over 30 years involved in real estate in Ocean County, mostly on LBI as that is where she worked. You never asked me if I had any rental property and I do not see why that would have anything to do with my original post stating that I felt AOC was wrong when she voted against the Amazon NYC deal. Just my opinion, sorry if it offends you. I do not care if AOC voted down the deal and I do not care about NYC, I just feel sorry for all the work that flew out the window and for the families that could have benefited from it. Guess I should not have a opinion as a non NYC resident.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

The very thing that some deride her for - snicker, a mere bartender holding a seat in Congress - is what I find fascinating and appealing.  Who better to represent her working class constituents?  Of the people, by the people, for the people...

 

And watching her questioning during committee hearings it is clear that she is whip smart and focused on her job representing those who elected her. 

 

She also went to a top 50 public university without the help of being a legacy or being privileged. People need to quit the idea of her being just a bartender. As if, like you said, that's a bad thing or diminished her intellect.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Are you a conservative blasting her on Twitter?

 

It didn't even occur to me that you would identify with my post in any way.

Do not have a twitter account. Do not care about AOC or Queens or NYC. Just think they should have thought more before letting that many jobs slip away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DCranon21 said:

Here is a question I have for the last 3 years. What is it with AOC and conservative men? It's like she triggers them and they feel offended if she says or does anything. Go to her Twitter feed and you will see what I mean. 

 

Because she's smarter than they are, her committee hearing questions are on point, and she stands up for herself publicly on the floor of the House of Representatives calling out their misogyny.  For that I give her a standing ovation! Not only that, if she stays in politics, and I am still alive, I will happily vote for her for president. She's everything we teach our daughters to be. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Did I offend you or something like spit on your driveway. You seem to be spending the whole day trying to find fault with my posts even questioning the way I made a living.

 

I'm just pointing out the things you said that are wrong.  And I'm not questioning the way you made a living, I'm quoting what you said about it.

 

If you don't want people pointing out the wrong things you say, maybe take 5 minutes to look stuff up.  It's not that difficult. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

First she does not threaten me and my only gripe is that she may be too young to have the power to vote down a deal like the Amazon NYC deal. Like every politician she has some good ideas and some not so good. Personally I do not care about her or NYC. I live in NJ so whatever she does does not affect me. I do feel sorry for the job loss but if that is what they wanted then it will be good for the next town that gets the deal.

 

Too young to have the power? The people voted for her in her district as she beat a career long politician. Reason why she voted it down was because she knew the effects of HQ in her district. That means higher cost apartments and her people in her district couldn't afford it. About job loss, let's play a quick hypothetical here, how many in her district(the Bronx), would qualify to work for Amazon? It wouldn't be a lot. I don't agree with her with some things, but she does have some good ideas that could work with Progressives and Moderates in the party. It's already expensive in NYC, HQ would have drove her constituents out of the Bronx, because it would have became too expensive to live there.   

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

 

Because she's smarter than they are, her committee hearing questions are on point, and she stands up for herself publicly on the floor of the House of Representatives calling out their misogyny.  For that I give her a standing ovation! Not only that, if she stays in politics, and I am still alive, I will happily vote for her for president. She's everything we teach our daughters to be. 

 

I get it, just wanted to ask our conservative friends who seem afraid of her. They attack her like it's no tomorrow and over on Fox News. She does have some great ideas, and if she could bridge that gap with the moderates in the party with her ideas, she would gain more power in the party. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DCranon21 said:

Here is a question I have for the last 3 years. What is it with AOC and conservative men? It's like she triggers them and they feel offended if she says or does anything. Go to her Twitter feed and you will see what I mean. 

 

AOC is enemy #1 on the right.

 

Conservative news runs negative articles on AOC on the daily. (by the hour) Kind of like Hillary Clinton before 2016. 

 

AOC is also the symbol for everything wrong with America/Democrats/Left. She herself is used as an insult/neme/symbol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

23 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Well, you and county board seems to be thinking along the same lines (probably not too surprisingly). 

 

Looks from the article I linked previously like they're hoping to increase access to existing stations rather than go after a new station.  The article also mentioned that they hope to lead to VRE expansion.  Looks like the funding split is 300 county, 200 state, with those 200 being long requested by the County, but state not acting on it till the Amazon deal came along.

 

They can't do this realisticly without a second metro station, VRE only runs one way most of the day.

 

23 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Now, I don't frequent Crystal City often enough to have any specific suggestions beyond that it's a congestion hellhole and I don't go unless I'm forced to. I have no doubt county board and residents like you have a much better handle on the specifics of what is needed.

 

I'll take that as a compliment, thanks.

 

23 minutes ago, bearrock said:

 

But the broader logics don't require knowledge of specific transportation project priorities. 

 

How can you say this with respect to people that already live there or would have to commute there? 

 

23 minutes ago, bearrock said:

If the contention is that Amazon should pay for county infrastructure improvements as a condition of locating there, it's a pipe dream.  

 

The contention is if they wanted to move to DMV to not move to Crystal City and leave Arlington to rob Peter to pay Paul to make it real for them. Silver Line is going out to Ashburn, that whole corridor is ripe for new development without nearly the type of density already in Arlington.

 

23 minutes ago, bearrock said:

To tie it back to AOC, she will be a much better advocate for her constituents if she focuses on improving these types of deals instead of scrapping them altogether.  If nothing but a perfect deal will do, where corporations even end up paying for things that government would and should maintain such as infrastructure, it's unreasonable and unrealistic.

 

Queens doesn't need it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...