Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

45 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Gerritt Cole getting an MRI on his elbow. Absolutely devastating if he has to miss time. He’s been a workhorse for them and a really good free agent up until this point.

Not devastating if you hate the Yankees 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Cole being hurt is a surprise because he's known for having really solid mechanics. He is both great in terms of ERA and the sheer volume of innings he eats as a starter.

The human body isn't made to throw a ball 100mph. Guys who make a living on that kind of velocity will eventually break. The few that don't end up in the HOF. 

• Like 1

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10112988-mlb-rumors-yankees-extremely-unlikely-to-sign-snell-pricey-sp-amid-coles-injury

I'm glad that's settled, not how I wanted to see season start out, but hey, be interesting to see if we need to trade for someone and if we do.  If the offense isn't more consistent like it was two seasons ago, we got bigger problems anyway.

162 games...162 games...

19 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

WOAH! Major bombshell

“That’s peanuts” - Bruno Mars

If he was stealing from Ohtani’s account, I wonder if the money is deferred? 🥁

I hope this doesn’t come back on him. I enjoy watching him play.

• Haha 1

This Ohtani thing sounds like a wild story. 

It could be that this translator racked up the debt and the bookie was happy to try and get access to Ohtani. And Ohtani may have broken the law in paying them off hoping to diffuse the problem. 

it could be that Ohtani is really the gambler and the translator is taking the fall as someone threatened to put him. 

it doesn’t look good, whatever it is. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Yamamoto debut not going so well...

image.png.da85be8476af642d736707e1c757d76b.png

ESPN says that the 15 runs SD scored was the most ever against the Dodgers. Is that correct? That's the most they've ever given up in a game? 

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Imagine the outcry if it comes out that Ohtani was the gambler and he bet on baseball...

No outcry, it'll just be really sad.

You've gotta be a ****ing moron to do that.  Like, back in 1919, I get it.  They didn't make a lot of money to begin with and the White Sox hated Comisky, they did it to get paid and they did it to stick it to him.  And then Landis comes in and throws down that if anyone is close to gambling on baseball, they're banished for life.  

And then there's no record of any baseball player gambling on baseball for 70 years until Pete Rose who was a marvelous ballplayer but also as much of an idiot as he was a hitter and a degenerate gambler.  

MLB didn't want it to get out about Rose gambling on baseball.  They tried to bury it, they tried to get him to admit it, they held a secret meeting with him where they showed him the evidence and he just denied, denied, denied.  And then they couldn't sit on it any longer.  Baseball didn't care about the gambling, they cared about the shady characters that he was surrounding himself with.  This was on the heels of the Pittsburgh Drug Trials in '84 or '85 and Rose wanted in a drug ring that was operated by people who owned a gym he worked out in.

So that's one (albeit a large one) case where it's happened.  And knowing how much of an idiot Pete Rose is...well, it shouldn't surprise anyone that it was Rose who was the blip on the radar.  Like, if it came out that John Rocker was gambling on baseball and wanted to be part of a cocaine ring, I wouldn't be surprised.

I suppose anything is possible, but I sincerely doubt that Ohtani bet on baseball.  

3 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

ESPN says that the 15 runs SD scored was the most ever against the Dodgers. Is that correct? That's the most they've ever given up in a game? 

I think it's most runs SD has scored vs. the Dodgers in a game.

• Thanks 1