Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

On 12/19/2023 at 1:12 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Can't wait to see the Yankees fall short on this guy.  Or sign him and have him become the 2024 Irabu.  I'm good either way.

On 12/19/2023 at 1:22 PM, Renegade7 said:

Kinda dark considering Irabu killed himself, but hey I've wished for many things over the years as well and Angelos is still breathing.

liam-neeson.gif.ccc9cc0c7262c5e2d5fd6fcc091119e2.gif

It's a bright lights kinda town, sink or swim, need guys that can hold their own without the pressure of being superstars for when superstars act human. 

If there's any truth that Yankees are going to look at improving bullpen NOT jus look for Aces to add to Cole and brag about in Winter I'll be optimistic for October.

I guess I forgot how it all ended for Irabu. Just read an SI article about him. Pretty ****ing sad. 

Carry on...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Ball Security said:

It's nice to see this happen for franchise players like J Rodriguez, Carroll, Wander Franco  etc. .

It's good for the sport to rally around signature players for each team and not see them as just pending Yankees/Dodgers/Red Sox. 

Hopefully my Orioles with their new ownership later this summer do something similar for Henderson and Rutschman. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • ixcuincle changed the title to 2023 MLB Thread
6 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

His faceplant the two years before 2023 gave teams pause, for sure. 

I want to know if he turned down bigger offers earlier in the offseason and see what money he left on the table.  He can opt out after next year and have another shot at it. But there are more big contract guys (Soto, Alonso, Bregman) that he’s competing against.

If I’m an agent and I’m in front of a high school/college kid, I point to this offseason, the Harper deal, and the fact that Boras will be in his 90s when they hit FA in my pitch.

• ixcuincle changed the title to 2024 MLB Thread

Boras is getting hammered this offseason. Matt Chapman signs for 3/54. For comparison, Jeimer Candelario (similar age, same position) signed for 3/45. 

Chapman’s rWAR for the past three seasons was11.4. Candelario’s was 7.2.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Gerritt Cole getting an MRI on his elbow. Absolutely devastating if he has to miss time. He’s been a workhorse for them and a really good free agent up until this point.

I'm sure the Yankees can just blow another 100 mil on another pitcher. 

• Like 1

Cole being hurt is a surprise because he's known for having really solid mechanics. He is both great in terms of ERA and the sheer volume of innings he eats as a starter.

They were 59-70 in games he didn't start last year,