Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

On 3/21/2024 at 6:40 AM, Busch1724 said:

Let's face it, Ohtani is the one who gambled. Does it void the contract he just got?

If he is suspended by the league, then yes.

I cannot believe he would be that stupid.

Then again all Japanese people seem smart to me. 

8 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Moral the story: Pay attention in English class. (Assuming that he actually went to high school in Japan)

I feel like the language barrier is really helping him here.  

Reminds me of the Congressional hearings for juicers when Raffy P conveniently forgot how to speak English. 

• Like 1

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

I feel like the language barrier is really helping him here.  

Reminds me of the Congressional hearings for juicers when Raffy P conveniently forgot how to speak English. 

You’re thinking Sammy Sosa. Raffy was the one pointing his finger a Congress with a B12 syringe hanging out his butt.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Life goal. Befriend a millionaire who gived you unfettered access to his/her bank account. 

I am in a Nats group on twitter, one of the guys brought this up:

High net wealth desks in a bank can move sizable funds or have major credit lines access for transactions. As someone who has spent decades working w/ the top international banks, Ohtani’s story of not having full knowledge isn’t plausible. Even if his interpreter had access to the credit line, a flag will go up when it is seen where the funds continue to be directed. Ohtani definitely would have been contacted at some point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

You’re thinking Sammy Sosa. Raffy was the one pointing his finger a Congress with a B12 syringe hanging out his butt.

For all of his egregious, horrible faults as a "manager", I commend Matt Williams when asked about his name appearing in the Mitchell report when the Nats made the atrocious, unforgivable mistake of hiring him back in 2014: "Yeah, I did it. It was a mistake, I didn't do it again."

The Ohtani thing stinks worse than when I eat baked beans for breakfast.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Especially since it was what...9 transactions of 500k?

Eaxctly--another point:

Yeah, Talk Nats comments has a guy who is a lawyer who said he used to work in financial fraud and you couldn’t transfer 500K without at least some type of callback and phone verification… so the translator would’ve had to have answered his phone and committed fraud pretending to be him etc… but I’m sure he has a wealth management team etc… there’s no way he could’ve moved 500k 9 times in a wire and no one knew

Yea, there is a whole division of the Dept of Treasury that collects and analyzes information about financial transactions in order to combat domestic and international money laundering, terrorist financing, and other financial crimes.  These large transactions (by a foreign national) would definitely raise red flags.

https://www.fincen.gov/

By law, specifically the Bank Secrecy Act requires financial institutions to file reports of suspicious activity.  

https://www.occ.treas.gov/topics/supervision-and-examination/bank-operations/financial-crime/suspicious-activity-reports/index-suspicious-activity-reports.html

• Thanks 1

I know it's early, but there's one team I want to see us do well against, it's Houston. They've been pwning us in October lately, and we didn't have our ace today, either.

We drew a line with with respect to addressing starting pitching, even starting with injuries, to help make sure we could extend Soto.  Him helping to win and end the game like that, I can dig it.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1