2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

5 hours ago, RemoveSnyder said:

@Momma There Goes That Man

what do you think?

GJxl46-XwAAgtYw.jpeg.d1f64a6a41b18fa2e313b727e69e839c.jpeg

image.gif.14ff13d62e5e839e0ff3193b77ed8698.gif

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I know it's early, but there's one time I want to see us do well against, it's Houston. They've been pwning us in October lately, and we didn't have our ace today, either.

We drew a line with with respect to addressing starting pitching, even starting with injuries, to help make sure we could extend Soto.  Him helping to win and end the game like that, I can dig it.

it’s a nice start. The entire season rides on Rodon, Nestor bouncing back from 2023 and the health of Cole. If he can come back and be himself, they’re contenders. If not, they’ll get bounced early in the playoffs. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Basically Dan Snyder but refusing to spend any money on players. 

Maybe sports ownership wise.  The A's guy inherited his fortune (son of the founders of The GAP... or is it just "GAP"?).

Snyder legitimately hustled for his success.  

Man.  Missed seeing the Dodgers bottom of the 9th. 

Please win another chip so people like me can stop beating up on Dave Roberts.  Another 110 win season without one will only entertain SF fans...

• Like 1

It was actually the bottom of the 8th.  The entire game the announcers were saying how the Dodgers could come back from down 4-0.  Sure enough they did.  Muncy is a power bat and he made the Cardinals pay.  I think Teoscar Hernandez was a sneaky good pickup for them.

My wife was the first hire of the Sacramento Rivercats (she did IT and marketing for them) back in 1999 before that stadium was ever built. No doubt they will fill out (14k) when the (Triple) A's come next year.

Assuming the MLBPA is ok playing in 100+ heat in July/August. 😆

That said, if Vegas doesn't happen...I still wonder if the West Sac location can be expanded. Originally it was designed too but I'm not sure if that still holds 25 or so years later.

I also wonder how they will share that stadium with the AAA Giants team (Rivercats). Can't imagine 150+ home game being played there. That's a lot of field maintenance and work for stadium staff (every night basically).