Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 9:11 PM, CRobi21 said:

If universal DH is a part of the deal that gets us baseball back....so be it. Sigh.

****in corona.

It's probably for the best...or something. I am doubting this season gets off this year--Manfried is such a raging dip****, he makes Goodell look like Paul Tagliabue. Hell, I'd take Gary Bettman over him.

I miss baseball. There is nothing like watching a game, live. Enjoying the summer air, watching Max, Stras, Corbin, et al make people look stupid. Soto making opposing pitchers crap themselves...

• Like 1

You would think baseball would be the one sport that has the easiest path to reopening. Completely outdoor sport, typically half empty stadiums where people are social distancing anyways. Not many drunk buffoons screaming or yelling like at football games. 

Shouldn't this be the 2020 baseball season? 2019 is long gone.

Once the fans Gen X and older die off; not many will give a damn about baseball.

If they don't play, people won't give a damn whenever it comes back. We are already seeing minor league teams being eliminated. I think they miss 2020, you will start seeing some small teams fold.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Shouldn't this be the 2020 baseball season? 2019 is long gone.

Once the fans Gen X and older die off; not many will give a damn about baseball.

If they don't play, people won't give a damn whenever it comes back. We are already seeing minor league teams being eliminated. I think they miss 2020, you will start seeing some small teams fold.

I take it you don't like baseball, have you been to a game lately to see who's in there these days? Not watched one on TV, I mean like actually get off the green line and take it back home.

30 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Doesn't look there's much a chance of a 2020 season at all this year, but at least the Nats will be defending champs when they do come back

Yeah, this season is over. I hate typing that but that's the reality. And college football & NFL are next on the list of not happening. Unless a miracle vaccine/cure is developed in the next couple of weeks sports in 2020 are over. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Great news. Should be able to watch a few games before everything shuts down again 

Just a matter of time til a team has to forfeit a month+ worth of games because their entire team tests positive for covid. Really should have just canceled the season. 

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Just a matter of time til a team has to forfeit a month+ worth of games because their entire team tests positive for covid. Really should have just canceled the season. 

Yeah, I hate to be pessimistic/snarky, but I don't see the logic behind anyone, anywhere going forward with team sports right now. It's just asking for trouble.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, I hate to be pessimistic/snarky, but I don't see the logic behind anyone, anywhere going forward with team sports right now. It's just asking for trouble.

💰💲💰💲💰💲💰💲💰💲💰💲

That's the reason all the sports would make an attempt to play this year. 

Baseball, who's contract with players expires after the 2021 season is heading for labor trouble again.

Basketball, if the players don't play this summer; the NBA will tear up their C.B.A. contract.

Football, they need the money.  

Even if a a whole team got the virus, they would just have that team forfeit their games and still play.

8 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

This. There’s no safe way to do it, no matter how bad they want to believe it. I see a train wreck coming. For all sports. 2020 should just be canned.

That’s not going to happen, for financial reasons, as well as restlessness that will undoubtedly build the longer these sports leagues aren’t operating.  What’s ironic is that baseball might actually be the safest sport besides soccer in contact between players.  Baseball should’ve been back by now, and it’s hilarious and sad how screwed up this whole ordeal was between the owners and the players.

These sports leagues might as well resume operations, because if you are stating that they cancel all of 2020, what makes you think that it will be better in 2021?  You can’t pause sports leagues for this long without major financial ramifications.  It’s better to just jump into the pool of uncertainty now, rather than risking tremendous financial burdens later.

Edited by samy316

31 minutes ago, samy316 said:

That’s not going to happen, for financial reasons, as well as restlessness that will undoubtedly build the longer these sports leagues aren’t operating.  What’s ironic is that baseball might actually be the safest sport besides soccer in contact between players.  Baseball should’ve been back by now, and it’s hilarious and sad how screwed up this whole ordeal was between the owners and the players.

These sports leagues might as well resume operations, because if you are stating that they cancel all of 2020, what makes you think that it will be better in 2021?  You can’t pause sports leagues for this long without major financial ramifications.  It’s better to just jump into the pool of uncertainty now, rather than risking tremendous financial burdens later.

I don't really understand this. I mean, I guess you have to weigh the revenue for 60 games vs the revenue of life without a good portion of your team (due to performance related complications from covid, or outright death).

No, I doubt baseball will be back (on schedule at least) in 2021, but I don't see the logic in just saying "**** it," and throwing everyone out there. Financially,  or humanely,  I just do not see it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1