Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged as a 'john' in human trafficking/prostitution investigation

JSSkinz

4 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I mean don’t loss his wife and every dude has needs. But he’s rich so why there?

Of course it couldn’t be like Bruce Allen caught in there...

Bruce is too cheap. He went to the thrift store to pick up a used blow up doll.

If not for the trafficking element, this story doesnt seem like all that big a deal.  Even it being Kraft.  And if he wasnt aware, even less of a big deal.

And frankly, on the celebrity scale, Kraft doesnt seem all that interesting.  Schefter saying there were bigger people than Kraft had me hoping there were.  Because if it's just him, not that interested.  

Just now, spjunkies said:

Can't hurt to try something different. What's happening now clearly isn't working. 

it could get worse as far as trafficking, it did in Germany.

It would cut down on the solicitation charges of course.

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

I'll read up on the Germany situation, but I don't see how these "stings" help anyone. 

https://www.trauma-and-prostitution.eu/en/2018/06/19/the-german-model-17-years-after-the-legalization-of-prostitution/

https://orgs.law.harvard.edu/lids/2014/06/12/does-legalized-prostitution-increase-human-trafficking/

The study’s findings include:

• Countries with legalized prostitution are associated with higher human trafficking inflows than countries where prostitution is prohibited. The scale effect of legalizing prostitution, i.e. expansion of the market, outweighs the substitution effect, where legal sex workers are favored over illegal workers. On average, countries with legalized prostitution report a greater incidence of human trafficking inflows.
  • The effect of legal prostitution on human trafficking inflows is stronger in high-income countries than middle-income countries. Because trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation requires that clients in a potential destination country have sufficient purchasing power, domestic supply acts as a constraint.
  • Criminalization of prostitution in Sweden resulted in the shrinking of the prostitution market and the decline of human trafficking inflows. Cross-country comparisons of Sweden with Denmark (where prostitution is decriminalized) and Germany (expanded legalization of prostitution) are consistent with the quantitative analysis, showing that trafficking inflows decreased with criminalization and increased with legalization.
  • The type of legalization of prostitution does not matter — it only matters whether prostitution is legal or not. Whether third-party involvement (persons who facilitate the prostitution businesses, i.e, “pimps”) is allowed or not does not have an effect on human trafficking inflows into a country. Legalization of prostitution itself is more important in explaining human trafficking than the type of legalization.
  • Democracies have a higher probability of increased human-trafficking inflows than non-democratic countries. There is a 13.4% higher probability of receiving higher inflows in a democratic country than otherwise.

https://fightthenewdrug.org/germanys-legalized-prostitution-industry-looks-like-a-real-life-horror-movie/

Legalizing it just makes it easier to create a legal “front” for an illicit enterprise and increases demand.  You’ve got to be incredibly naive to imagine human traffickers and pimps would have a hard time intimidating their prostitutes into checking the right boxes on government forms.  Compared to forcing people into having sex they don’t want, several times a day, getting them to lie about the extent of their consent is minor matter.

The argument for legalization is to help willing prostitites and for those that want to make use of their services.  It’s not to help trafficking victims. 

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m a little alarmed at how familiar twa is with sex trade laws around the globe.

edit. Alarmed but not surprised

Familiar with more than the laws, helped break up some sex trafficking rings here.

Archived