Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VA Governor Ralph Northam Got Some Explaining to Do

Bozo the kKklown

On 2/9/2019 at 10:42 AM, stoshuaj said:

While I’m no legal scholar and I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn last night, why do people keep referencing some right to due process?

This isn’t a legal proceeding, it’s the court of public opinion and the bar for “guilt” is notoriously fickle.  

Groups and individuals are are expressing their opinion that he should resign.  They can’t force him.  (I think)

He is standing by his actual right to tell them he is choosing to not resign.

Until it reaches a Court, it’s all blather and posturing, any pretense of due process be damned.

Until the guillotines are brought out. Thankfully they are only virtual guillotines at this time.

I like this quote from Colin Powell that I saw in an article today.  Wasn't sure where to put it so I guess it can fit here.

"I've always gone in my life as a soldier who happens to be black, but I would not ever call myself a black soldier, or a black general, or a black secretary of state. I was very proud of my race and I never failed to give credit to those soldiers and statesman who went before me, and kind of paved the way for me. But at the same time, I don't want someone to think, well, it's a black secretary, is there a white secretary somewhere. No, there's not. There's only one. And so, I've always seen myself first and foremost as an American and as a leader of all of the people. And a representative of all of the people of the United States, and I happen to be black."

https://www.militarytimes.com/military-honor/black-military-history/2017/02/01/q-and-a-colin-powell-on-vietnam-service-iraq-and-afghanistan-and-black-history-month/?utm_campaign=Socialflow+NAV&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR0Xb-9cG5I6da6GBF9UX6_j5ubSEM1JD0EdF6WTRVZbKKHpYmvtehkjktY

Here is another story from him that was shared with me doing my Chief leadership training.  I think it fits here when considering forgiveness:

“In one of my assignments as a young infantry officer, I was sent to the 48th Infantry near Frankfort, Germany. In those days our prize weapon was a huge 280-mm atomic cannon. Guarded by infantry platoons, these guns were hauled around the forests on trucks to keep the Soviets from guessing their location.

One day Captain Tom Miller assigned my platoon to guard a 280. I alerted my men, loaded my .45 caliber pistol and jumped into my jeep. I had not gone far when I realized that my .45 was gone.

I was petrified. In the army, losing a weapon is serious business. I had no choice but to radio Captain Miller and tell him. ‘You what?’ he said in disbelief. He paused a few seconds, then added, ‘All right, continue the mission.’

When I returned, uneasily contemplating my fate, Miller called me over. ‘I’ve got something for you,’ he said, handing me the pistol. ‘Some kids in the village found it where it fell out of your holster.’

‘Kids found it?’ I felt a cold chill.

‘Yeah,’ he said. ‘Luckily they only got off one round before we heard the shot and took the gun away.’ The disastrous possibilities left me limp. ‘Don’t let that happen again.’

He drove off. I checked the magazine and found it was full. The gun had not been fired. Later, I learned that I had dropped it in my tent before I ever got started. Miller had fabricated the scene about the kids to give me a good scare.

Today, the army might hold an investigation, call in lawyers and likely enter a bad mark on my record. Miller gave me the chance to learn from my mistake. His example of intelligent leadership was not lost on me. Nobody ever got to the top without slipping up. When someone stumbles, I don’t believe in stomping on him. My philosophy is ‘Pick ‘em up, dust ‘em off and get ‘em moving again.’”—Colin Powell

It still seems kind of suspicious that damning stories came out about the Top 3 Democrats in charge in Virginia, and coincidence if they all go, leadership is handed off to a Republican.   However, if everything being said about them is true, it's nobody else's fault. 

21 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It still seems kind of suspicious that damning stories came out about the Top 3 Democrats in charge in Virginia, and coincidence if they all go, leadership is handed off to a Republican.   However, if everything being said about them is true, it's nobody else's fault. 

Herring outed himself. 

34 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Agree. I would rather temporarily give the Republicans back power than be a hypocrite on something we keep saying we care about. But damn if it isnt fishy. 

56 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If youre saying this may be politically motivated, ofc it is. Everything is politically motived. There’s no “good of the country”

if your saying maybe they didn’t do it, only one guy is professing his innocence... but that hasn’t stopped dems from taking action before.

its hard to know exactly what accused of sexual assault means any more because the cases are tried in the realm of public opinion and not the courts.

43 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Agree. I would rather temporarily give the Republicans back power than be a hypocrite on something we keep saying we care about. But damn if it isnt fishy. 

It wouldn’t be temporary.

You give them the power and they’re never giving it back.  The NC disenfranchisement will come right up here to VA.  2020 census going the republicans way would just destroy every bit of democrat gains that they’ve made in this once bright red state.

21 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It wouldn’t be temporary.

You give them the power and they’re never giving it back.  The NC disenfranchisement will come right up here to VA.  2020 census going the republicans way would just destroy every bit of democrat gains that they’ve made in this once bright red state.

Oh please - I guess a Republican is still Speaker of the House.  BTW how did those gains occur in the first place from this once bright red state?

Archived