Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VA Governor Ralph Northam Got Some Explaining to Do

Bozo the kKklown

Justin Fairfax's political career is now over. 

I think that zero tolerance for any Democrat, male or female, regarding sexual harassment and/or assault or racial discrimination is absolutely necessary to differentiate the party from Republicans who over and over prove that they just don't care.

I'd like to see Fairfax resign, Northam appoint someone as the new Lt. Gov (possibly Tom Perriello*), then Northam resign too.  This elevates someone that isn't currently involved in a gross scandal into the big job.  That person can then appoint their own Lt. Gov. 

*After the most thorough vetting, like, ever.  

48 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'd like to see Fairfax resign, Northam appoint someone as the new Lt. Gov (possibly Tom Perriello*), then Northam resign too.  This elevates someone that isn't currently involved in a gross scandal into the big job.  That person can then appoint their own Lt. Gov. 

*After the most thorough vetting, like, ever.  

Do you think that’s appropriate?

you don’t think, given what’s going on here, they should resign and be replaced by people that were elected as the succession ording is laid out?

if republicans were doing this to avoid a dem taking over (when all the republicans in line should resign due to scandals) would you be ok with that?

im not trying to be smart. I’m curious. I don’t have an opinion on it yet. I see good arguments on each side. 

In fact making them all resign and having a special election may be best. I don’t know. Can you have a fair election in a week? Probably not...

Also northam group has to be ecstatic right?

i mean fairfax just stole all the media attention

is anyone even going to care about northam by the time we’re done wading through whether or not fairfax raped someone?

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

Do you think that’s appropriate?

you don’t think, given what’s going on here, they should resign and be replaced by people that were elected as the succession ording is laid out?

Next in line is Kirk Cox.  Virginia did not elect him, one district near Richmond elected him, and he is the speaker of the House of Delegates, LITERALLY, because someone pulled the right name out of a hat bowl.

Virginia writ large elected a straight Democrat ticket for Gov, Lt. Gov and AG.  Despite terrible Republican-leaning gerrymandering, Dems gained 15 seats in the House of Delegates, which was, I think, the biggest gain in history. 

Virginia soundly and clearly rejected Republican leadership.  It would be inappropriate for that to be the outcome of Democrats demanding their leaders conform to ethical standards that Republicans as a party do not conform to.  

@PleaseBlitz

yeah I get that.

i also get that it’s wholly inappropriate for an outgoing elected rep, leaving due to scandal, to appoint their own replacement. Which is exactly what you’re plan is. 

If republicans were doing this id probably have a problem with it too. 

I honestly can’t make up my mind and I’m a VA resident that voted in that election straight dem ticket. 

Just now, visionary said:

Is it though?  It depends on the scandal, doesn't it?  How does this normally work out in similar cases?

I don’t know. Is it? Does it?

i can’t decide. 

It would seem to me the spirit of the rule letting the governor appoint their lt governor isn’t so you can pick the guy to take your job because you and your lt gov are out due to scandal. 

Part of me feels like if everyones out due to scandal then the succession plan should take over. 

How would you guys deal with trump and pence pulling this to avoid pelosi taking over?

seems like a double standard mine field and I hate when people have blatant double standards. 

Archived