Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DH: Canada ranked #1 country in the world for Quality of Life

China

Canada ranked #1 country in the world for Quality of Life

As we told you earlier, Canada has been named the third best country in the world.

Well, we’ve also been named as the #1 country in the world in 2019 for Quality of Life for the fourth year in a row.

Overall, Canada also ranked as the third best country in the world for women, third for education, and second for corporate headquarters. 

The study, conducted by US News & World Report in partnership with Y&R’s BAV and Wharton, broke down 80 countries’ overall rankings based “on 75 different metrics.”

Each of those metrics was then placed into one of nine subcategories that included:

• A good job market
  • Affordability
  • Economic stability
  • Family friendly
  • Income equality
  • Politically stable
  • Safety
  • Well-developed public health system
  • Well-developed public education system

Canada beat out Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Switzerland, and Finland, which all finished in the Quality of Life top five.

According to the study, Canada placed number one for its political stability, strong job market, safe environment, and its good education system.

Here are the 20 best countries for Quality of Life in 2019

1. Canada
  2. Sweden
  3. Denmark
  4. Norway
  5. Switzerland
  6. Finland
  7. Australia
  8. Netherlands
  9. New Zealand
  10. Germany
  11. Belgium
  12. UK
  13. Japan
  14. Luxembourg
  15. Ireland
  16. France
  17. USA
  18. Singapore
  19. Portugal
  20. China

Click on the link for the full article

I’ve considered, but never seriously, moving to Canada.  I’m American, but my last name is French Canadian so my family and I might just fit right in.

Plus, I’d be able to play hockey a lot more.  That would be a bonus.  Also, the snow!

Negative is that all of my friends and family are in nova for the most part.

21 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Someone told me it is extremely hard to move to Canada and get citizenship there.    

I've looked into it since its been a dream o mine for over twenty years. Canadians say its difficult. I think a educated American would get in just fine.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/check-eligibility.asp

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/canadas-immigration-policy

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Someone told me it is extremely hard to move to Canada and get citizenship there.    

It is. From what I've heard, you have to put up about a hundred grand that you get back after 2 years...it's the cost of setting up your healthcare & other services. 

As I said, just what I heard from someone who lived there for a while...and she said it was glorious. The boyfriend she brought back here wanted to go home within a month. 🤣

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

So, they have a wall too, its just virtual or made of red tape and green paper?🤣

I've thought about moving there since Trump took office. The psycho-analytical part of my mind make me wonder how they would respond if they were geographically flipped with us? If they were on our southern border and Mexico was on there's?

My wife and I have looked semi-seriously at moving to Canada since Trump was elected. Vancouver is one of the best places to live in the world but has incredibly high cost of living compared to relatively low salaries. Toronto is roughly on par with the DC area in costs and salaries. Fortunately my wife has an advanced degree and could probably achieve work sponsorship fairly easily. Still considering it. 

13 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

sounds like they already got a wall, you got to be rich to get in there.

The $200+k cost is if your applying as a Immigrant Investor. You also need a net worth of $1.5 million.

If applying as a student or worker its mostly application fees which I think are around $1k.

Your education, work history, and understanding of the English or French language seem to be whats really taken into account when applying. 

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Uh oh, Canada needs to build a wall. They have to keep out those Americans.

Largest single border between two countries in the world and treated polar opposite of our border with Mexico. I get some of the logically reasoning, but the irony still isnt lost on me.

Archived