Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DH: Canada ranked #1 country in the world for Quality of Life

China

On 1/26/2019 at 6:26 PM, Bang said:

My wife is a Canadian citizen. We plan on retiring to Toronto, if not leaving before.

~Bang

Think you might wanna adopt a 50-something son and daughter-in-law? 😄

10 hours ago, twa said:

I  compare my hispanic side of the family to the other side

#personalanecdote

Is that the new version of the black best friend? Damn, they are takin' our jawbs!

9 hours ago, clietas said:

The milk in a bag thing would definitely take some getting used to. 

ofltz.jpg

Do_Not_Want_Dog_(1).jpg

Also no fees for piracy.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/piracy-copyright-government-settlement-fees-1.4993062

Close to four years after its piracy-notice system took effect, the federal government has amended the rules to clarify that the notices can't demand cash from Canadians.

Implemented in 2015, Canada's notice system enables copyright holders to send warning emails to people suspected of illegally downloading content such as movies or music.

"You better stop torrenting or we'll give you a strongly worded warning!" 

I take it back Canada isn't so bad. 

19 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

There are fifteen countries ahead of the US in those rankings that don't share a border with us. 

our largess knows no border, any on there we haven't defended or rebuilt?

9 minutes ago, twa said:

our largess knows no border, any on there we haven't defended or rebuilt?

Easily dismissing the approx 170 other countries we've defended and rebuilt that DON'T have a better quality of life ranking? 

But yeah, in the intervening 73 years, if your QoL isn't top 5 that's on you—not every body else. So stupid. The party of personal responsibility blaming others for, in this regard, things COMPLETELY in it's control. 

2 hours ago, twa said:

How many people are dying trying to get into Canada?

Ill let you figure that out. Seems pretty obvious.

2 hours ago, twa said:

Even most Americans that promised to flee there won't go. :pint:

You mean the mostly white, super rich people unaffected by the plight of normal? “Won’t go” and don’t need to go are different. 

5 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

There are fifteen countries ahead of the US in those rankings that don't share a border with us. 

You’re losing sight of the important thing though. We’re ahead of “Jyna” on the list. Tired of winning yet ‘Muricuh?

As for the idea that nobody wants to leave the U.S. to go to Canada or elsewhere...

The U.S. government doesn’t formally trackhow many Americans leave the U.S. but the most recent estimate puts the figure at nearly nine million. This figure represents a doubling of the 1999 figure, placed at 4.1 million. The number of expats has more than doubled in the last fifteen years — a number growing faster than the rate of the U.S. population itself.

On 1/26/2019 at 1:35 PM, Springfield said:

I’ve considered, but never seriously, moving to Canada.  I’m American, but my last name is French Canadian so my family and I might just fit right in.

Plus, I’d be able to play hockey a lot more.  That would be a bonus.  Also, the snow!

Negative is that all of my friends and family are in nova for the most part.

On 1/26/2019 at 2:09 PM, PokerPacker said:

Are you sure they'd even let you into their novice leagues?

On 1/26/2019 at 4:43 PM, Springfield said:

Might be tough.

Yeah, I mean after all, they play all the time.  It's even what they do to kill time when stuck in traffic:

Archived