Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

30 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Thing that concerns me about GW, is he just doesn't keep DC jobs for long. I suspect that's for personality reasons, and not performance reasons.

Either way, I don't like the idea of yet another short-term solution, that also leaves more negative ripples (or in our case, Tsunamis), in the franchise.

Not really true though. His tenures were interrupted typically by either promotion or new HC changes.  

4 years Titans 

3 years Bills -- HC promotion

4 years Redskins -- Gibbs left

3 NO -- bounty gate

3 Rams -- HC fired

2 Browns -- HC fired

I don't give kudos to coaches that kiss up to Bruce and Dan but understand why they do to survive the jungle.  I enjoy that Gregg doesn't roll that way.  But he seems to get along with plenty of HCs.  Don't think he'd survive here but not via his fault but that the powers above him prefer a go along to get along type.

Is Gregg Williams being interviewed for a DC or HC role? Seems weird we are talking to him while we have both a DC and HC, doesn't it?

It sounds like we are publicly saying the marriage is good, but also check tinder in a daily basis...

Is that just who we are now? Cool. 

7 minutes ago, Unbias said:

This thread is 23 pages long. Anyone able to quickly sum up what has actually has happened? 

Torrian Gray was supposedly let go, but he might be still with us. Ben Kotwicka left us. Jim Tomsula and Joe Callahan want to leave, and they might be gone. Or they might be still under contract. Greg Manusky is likely back, but we're interviewing people who could take his place. Or we might be interviewing them to replace Jay Gruden. OR it could be that one of them is being interviewed to take Torrian Gray's spot, who takes Manusky's spot. Or we're going to have exactly the same staff, minus Kotwicka. I don't know how anyone could be confused by any of that lol

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Torrian Gray was supposedly let go, but he might be still with us. Ben Kotwicka left us. Jim Tomsula and Joe Callahan want to leave, and they might be gone. Or they might be still under contract. Greg Manusky is likely back, but we're interviewing people who could take his place. Or we might be interviewing them to replace Jay Gruden. OR it could be that one of them is being interviewed to take Torrian Gray's spot, who takes Manusky's spot. Or we're going to have exactly the same staff, minus Kotwicka. I don't know how anyone could be confused by any of that lol

giphy.gif

or

Jbv.gif

I'm really stuck on which gif accurately depicts how I feel. Sure an insane, confused man getting guidance from ghosts is good, but there's also the post-apocalypse, zombie fighting bad-arse learning his purpose for living is a lie also fits. 

What says you - Jack Torrance or Abraham Ford?

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not really true though. His tenures were interrupted typically by either promotion or new HC changes.  

4 years Titans 

3 years Bills -- HC promotion

4 years Redskins -- Gibbs left

3 NO -- bounty gate

3 Rams -- HC fired

2 Browns -- HC fired

I don't give kudos to coaches that kiss up to Bruce and Dan but understand why they do to survive the jungle.  I enjoy that Gregg doesn't roll that way.  But he seems to get along with plenty of HCs.  Don't think he'd survive here but not via his fault but that the powers above him prefer a go along to get along type.

This is not towards you, SIP but if anyone thinks that Gregg Williams will be the next DC of this team, they are losing it.  He left here on bad terms and is simply using Snyder/Allen to raise the price on the Jets.  He'll never don B&G again.  

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

This is not towards you, SIP but if anyone thinks that Gregg Williams will be the next DC of this team, they are losing it.  He left here on bad terms and is simply using Snyder/Allen to raise the price on the Jets.  He'll never don B&G again.  

I agree.

On a side note, this franchise is a complete embarrassment. We can't do a single goddamn thing right. We're interviewing/looking for replacements for a coaching staff that still employs the existing coaches. Who the hell does that? If I were these coaches, I'd resign and tell Snyder and Bruce to go **** themselves.

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

I agree.

On a side note, this franchise is a complete embarrassment. We can't do a single goddamn thing right. We're interviewing/looking for replacements for a coaching staff that still employs the existing coaches. Who the hell does that? If I were these coaches, I'd resign and tell Snyder and Bruce to go **** themselves.

Sure they'd like to IF they had something lined up for sure but they need the money and to make a living like everyone else.  It's a sad situation. 

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

It’s been said over and over again the Williams-Snyder relationship was supposedly fixed years ago. Finlay even just said on 1067 that supposedly Dan let Gregg use his plane a few years ago when his father was sick. So if he doesn’t come here it’s not because of his relationship with Dan 

16 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I agree.

This is what destroys our candidate searches. If, some how, some way, Gregg Williams did choose Washington he would know with 100% certainty that he can't trust the people he reports too. 

How's this not supposed to impact the team? I mean you've heard of 'lame duck' coaches that lose the team. How can players get behind Jay & Co. if they feel the replacement is one back room meeting away? 

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

You think Jay has any say anymore? He didn’t even know about Alex Smith until the trade was done. Dude is a hostage at this point, simply looking forward to the days when he is OC for his brother in Vegas. 

No I don't. I'm starting to think that Bruce is trying to force Grudens hand until he eventually caves in and leaves, by 'mutual' agreement....

I love GW, and am still angry that we did not hire him as HC, but...

this team is not built for his 46 style defense. GW requires a stud FS like ST or Darren "I like my women incapacitated" Sharper.

In his two years with the Browns, he pushed them to draft a safety and a shutdown corner with high picks. Our D is front heavy, with excellent DL, but slow LBs, and a secondary that has been left in tatters post-Swearinger.

59 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I agree have made similar points but that's still just opinions on our end.  I've learned a long time ago its tough to use assume high-strung emotional types are governed by what we perceive as logical.   Dan reputation wise is volatile and emotional.  Ditto Gregg but to a lesser degree.  It could go down as to what makes sense by our logic which is a deal doesn't happen.  But who knows maybe for example season ticket holders need something to grasp and this helps in that regard or so is Dan's logic.  And as for Gregg, in his shoes I wouldn't do it.  but maybe he thinks if he wants to be a head coach this is the perfect situation, you got likely a lame duck coach who is probably only there for another season.

My point is I think both sides are using each other and won't agree to a deal.  But it doesn't seem absolutely impossible. For me it seems like a win win for Gregg to meet with the Redskins to both turn the tables and leave Redskins Park by rejecting them and also leveraging more money out of the Jets.

37 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I love GW, and am still angry that we did not hire him as HC, but...

this team is not built for his 46 style defense. GW requires a stud FS like ST or Darren "I like my women incapacitated" Sharper.

In his two years with the Browns, he pushed them to draft a safety and a shutdown corner with high picks. Our D is front heavy, with excellent DL, but slow LBs, and a secondary that has been left in tatters post-Swearinger.

Good news is that there are a TON of safeties in free agency...a deep class that is bolstered by all the guys that signed 1 year deals last offseason.

Furthermore, Reuben Foster and SDH are certainly not slow. Anderson is not very athletic but has the brains to make up for it to be a solid SLB

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

I agree.

Who does that? A lot of teams have done that. One that comes to mind is the beloved Dallas Cowboys. Jerry purposely flew in fat Bill Parcells before the season was over and fatboy had to come to a meeting to get the HC job while the existing coach was still in the building. Think it was Wade if I remember. Fat Bill loved doing stuff like this. 

2 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Who does that? A lot of teams have done that. One that comes to mind is the beloved Dallas Cowboys. Jerry purposely flew in fat Bill Parcells before the season was over and fatboy had to come to a meeting to get the HC job while the existing coach was still in the building. Think it was Wade if I remember. Fat Bill loved doing stuff like this. 

Weird fixation I haven't seen before about Parcells lol

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To this point it's not like Jay has been doing a great job of picking DC's.  LOL  Something has to give!

I also wonder if when Jay said one of the things he'd like to see improved was FO communication he met this kind of crap. 

I also get the feeling the guys on the defensive staff who are out have been notified already.

22 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I also get the feeling the guys on the defensive staff who are out have been notified already.

If that was the case don't you think the beat guys would have it? The coaches released would have no reason to keep the FO's secrets. 

2 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

I agree.

I'm sure Jay and the rest of them would love to do that, but they would be walking away from a lot of money -- in Jay's case, 10 million. He'll do his best in this circus, then get fired at some point next year and move on to Vegas to work with his brother (while Snyder pays the remainder of his deal).

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

No I don't. I'm starting to think that Bruce is trying to force Grudens hand until he eventually caves in and leaves, by 'mutual' agreement....

This could turn into RG3's last year but with a coach. They won't fire Gruden, he won't quit, so they'll just turn off his headset or something on Gameday while they interview other coaches all season long.

HAIL!

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

That's pretty how much how I wanted to modify the thread title, if I could find a brief enough way to say it ;)

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Has Gray really been fired? Will Gregg make a return? Will Bruce and Dan sober up enough to let anyone know? Will Benson discover Chester's affair?

These questions—and many others—will be answered in the next episode of...Soap  The Redskins.

Archived