Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

After reading some of these responses, it is clear that there is no way Gregg Williams can coexist as an "alpha" male with Bruce here.  Jay has already leaned over enough for Bruce.  No way he can do it with his DC as well.   It ain't happening unfortunately.  But boy could this **** organization use him about now.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not one of Jay's critics on the board but its hard to miss that's he's likely lame duck so if anything it can be a good situation for Gregg to springboard into a HC job.

But for other reasons, I don't think it happens.  Got my doubts that Bruce or Jay would want him for their own unique reasons and ditto Dan and ditto Gregg.

Per Klis out of Denver Joe Woods formally with TB back in 2004 and has connections with Allen and Gruden in TB will interview with the Skins.  More than likely being offered the DC position, my guess.  As DC in Denver last year they stunk.  They were ranked 22nd overall.

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Per Klis out of Denver Joe Woods formally with TB back in 2004 and has connections with Allen and Gruden in TB will interview with the Skins.  More than likely being offered the DC position, my guess.  As DC in Denver last year they stunk.  They were ranked 22nd overall.

I've been very loyal but if we replace Manusky with Woods, that might be what it takes for me to stop watching games this year.

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

22nd with perhaps the best dual of pass rushers in the league.  This should be an exciting week, this might the splash move we keep hearing about, do they land Woods or not? 😀

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I've been very loyal but if we replace Manusky with Woods, that might be what it takes for me to stop watching games this year.

It's just truly bizarre. Haslett to Barry to Manusky to Woods? They're either trying to prove they're smarter than everyone else in the room or just really want to hire guys who failed or at best were so-so elsewhere.

What has Woods done that screams, "He's the best!"  (Maybe there is something... I just don't know it.)

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Why is that your guess?

"Former Broncos defensive coordinator Joe Woods will interview for the Redskins’ defensive backs coach job, and then decide between joining Washington or the Cardinals in the same role, according to Mike Klis of 9News (Twitter link).

Woods, who succeeded Wade Phillips as Denver’s defensive coordinator in 2017, doesn’t appear to be generating any DC interest around the NFL despite leading a defense that’s ranked top-10 in DVOA in each of the past two seasons (including fifth in 2018). Arizona would seem to be a natural destination for Woods, as he’d once again be working under ex-Broncos head coach Vance Joseph, who was recently hired as the Cardinals’ defensive coordinator."

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/01/ex-broncos-dc-joe-woods-deciding-between-cardinals-redskins

On 1/9/2019 at 4:28 PM, bedlamVR said:

Yes but breaking news GB coach Vince Lombadi - is slated to take over as HC of the Redskins ... and by breaking news i meanbreaking news in 1969 - :) 

On 1/9/2019 at 4:28 PM, bedlamVR said:

Yes but breaking news GB coach Vince Lombadi - is slated to take over as HC of the Redskins ... and by breaking news i meanbreaking news in 1969 - :) 

Remember it well. Wish we could duplicate it today. Even after the devestating death of Lombardi, EBW went and plucked GHA. Wish EBW was running the show today. Guy had brains and balls.

16 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Sooo woods in as dbs coach and gray promoted?

Well someone's feeling generous,..I seriously could see a winless season

I realize there’s a lot to be negative about... but do you realize how hard it is to go 0-16? This team has too much talent on the roster to go 0-16. Some would say that’s the problem with the roster... that we have talent but are mired in mediocrity purgatory.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I realize there’s a lot to be negative about... but do you realize how hard it is to go 0-16? This team has too much talent on the roster to go 0-16. Some would say that’s the problem with the roster... that we have talent but are mired in mediocrity purgatory.

oh I completely understand there's plenty of talent on the team that's what's so frustrating about it..

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Why is that your guess?

"Former Broncos defensive coordinator Joe Woods will interview for the Redskins’ defensive backs coach job, and then decide between joining Washington or the Cardinals in the same role, according to Mike Klis of 9News (Twitter link).

Woods, who succeeded Wade Phillips as Denver’s defensive coordinator in 2017, doesn’t appear to be generating any DC interest around the NFL despite leading a defense that’s ranked top-10 in DVOA in each of the past two seasons (including fifth in 2018). Arizona would seem to be a natural destination for Woods, as he’d once again be working under ex-Broncos head coach Vance Joseph, who was recently hired as the Cardinals’ defensive coordinator."

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/01/ex-broncos-dc-joe-woods-deciding-between-cardinals-redskins

My guess is that I think he would take DC over DB and that's being offered.  Don't know that but Allen and Gruden were enamored with him and he'd probably only want to come here to be DC.  Guessing all this. :)

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Seems like Cardinals are interested in a lot of the Denver D staff!

Yup, pretty weird...

I would be shocked if Torrian Gray gets the D Coordinator job.  I think he is a promising coach but he lacks experience.  I would much rather see Jim Tomsula take over if were to stay in house.

3 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Seems like Cardinals are interested in a lot of the Denver D staff!

Yup, pretty weird...

Just seems that we'd have to lure Woods here for more than DB coach as the Cards and with Joseph being the DC in AZ would be an easy fit for Woods to once again become his DB coach again.

This offseason is already insane. We are sooo off the path of normalcy that I don’t know how Dan can’t realize it.  His focus must be solely on a new stadium buthow can he think getting worse on the field will benefit him??

bruce must be a sith using mind control. I can se Dan being one-tracked in focus but christ his wife must see the light and talk to him not using Bruce speak. 

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Word is that Gregg Williams and the Jets haven’t came to a deal yet, and he’s set to meet with us this week...hmm. 

Word from where?  Do you have a tweet or link to back this up?

5 minutes ago, Hogs86 said:

Is this what you are looking for?

Jsteelz @jsteelznskins
FollowFollow @jsteelznskins
More

Tomorrow will be a big day but no news is good news in this case so far regarding Gregg Williams. He has not signed a deal and is set to meet with Skins this week

Yes, I found the source after a bit of searching on twitter, but thanks Hogs86.  Watch Woods be offered the DC after Williams declines the DC position.  It's being stated that Woods is coming in for an interview for the DB job but I think he get's offered the DC when Williams turns it down.  Woods is part of the good ole boy TB connection with Allen and Gruden.

*** Also as some others commented on this tweet of Jsteelz its possible he's using Skins to drive up his asking price from Jets.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yes, I found the source after a bit of searching on twitter.  Watch Woods be offered the DC after Williams declines the DC position.  It's being stated that Woods is coming in for an interview for the DB job but I think he get's offered the DC when Williams turns it down.  Woods is part of the good ole boy TB connection with Allen and Gruden.

You may be correct,  I hope not I would like to see Gregg Williams get it.  The fact is we do not know what is truth coming out of Redskins Park. It could be status quo or everyone could be gone.

1 minute ago, Hogs86 said:

You may be correct,  I hope not I would like to see Gregg Williams get it.  The fact is we do not know what is truth coming out of Redskins Park. It could be status quo or everyone could be gone.

This is true and it shows ineptitude of the FO vacationing after the offseason rather working to better the team.

7 hours ago, RabidFan said:

This offseason is already insane. We are sooo off the path of normalcy that I don’t know how Dan can’t realize it.  His focus must be solely on a new stadium buthow can he think getting worse on the field will benefit him??

bruce must be a sith using mind control. I can se Dan being one-tracked in focus but christ his wife must see the light and talk to him not using Bruce speak. 

maybe he figures normalcy hasn't worked so try something different

5 hours ago, RWJ said:

This is true and it shows ineptitude of the FO vacationing after the offseason rather working to better the team.

....  we haven't made a move to fill our DB coach or ST coordinator positions before the conference championship.

giphy.gif

~Bang

10 hours ago, RWJ said:

My guess is that I think he would take DC over DB and that's being offered.  Don't know that but Allen and Gruden were enamored with him and he'd probably only want to come here to be DC.  Guessing all this. :)

makes sense, even if it turns out to not be accurate lol...

17 minutes ago, Bang said:

....  we haven't made a move to fill our DB coach or ST coordinator positions before the conference championship.

giphy.gif

~Bang

giphy.gif

Archived