Malapropismic Depository

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I believe Gray was fired an hour ago, but I do not see a thread for it.

This would have been a surprise before the season, but after the season, not so surprising

 

Redskins Coaching News: Broncos DC Joe Woods targeted for DB Coach; Torrian Gray already fired ? Todd Bowles for DC ?

 

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/1/8/18174006/redskins-coaching-news-broncos-dc-joe-woods-targeted-for-db-coach-torrian-gray-already-fired

 

 

Quote

Mike Klis is reporting this morning that the Redskins have shown interest in Denver Broncos DC Joe Woods to become their new Defensive Backs Coach. That position has been held by Torrian Gray for the last two seasons, but he has reportedly been let go. Gray was highly touted when he came to the Redskins in 2017, but there have been communication (and other) problems in the secondary.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprising. Secondary has played like absolute ass during his tenure, for whatever reason. A new voice and fresh eyes couldn't hurt. Manusky is the next one that needs to go.

 

Also, for the sake of all that is holy, ship Bruce Allen off to a frozen Siberian gulag.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The article said that Todd Bowles had already met with the Redskins. The Redskins should make him an offer.

Edited by Gallen5862
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gallen5862 said:

The article said that Todd Bowles had already met with the Redskins. The Redskins should make him an offer.

 

So he can go to the Bucs for less money? We'll hire some schlub who'll suck.

Change-My-Mind.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the reason he got fired is the fact the secondary was atrocious, just a crazy thought.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really have no opinion about this, but if it is something the Redskins front office is doing, I don't like it.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Woods is another Tampa Bay Connection guy.  Throw my arms up in the air.  Allen, Gruden, Callahan, Woods (if hired) and other coaches on our team.  Sick of this!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Not surprising. Secondary has played like absolute ass during his tenure, for whatever reason. A new voice and fresh eyes couldn't hurt. Manusky is the next one that needs to go.

 

Also, for the sake of all that is holy, ship Bruce Allen off to a frozen Siberian gulag.

I dunno. I have a weird feeling he's another one we let go. I think the problem is more at the top than the position coaches. Gray did a fine job developing Fuller, Moreau, Nicholson had a fantastic rookie year though he did backslide this year. Even Johnson and Stroman considering they were a 7th round rookie and a UDFA showed promise.


So, I don't think it was the teacher. I think it was the scheme.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Maybe the reason he got fired is the fact the secondary was atrocious, just a crazy thought.

I, like most everyone else here, really have no idea how great of a coach he is or isn’t.  We’ve heard some nice things about him in the past, which was what prompted a lot of folks to gloss over the personnel loss at the position.  The way Jay and Manusky talked it was as if losing “Dunny” was losing Deion in his prime.  Add to that the loss of Fuller and Breeland in the offseason.  It wasn’t like he failed with great personnel.

 

I’m not shedding tears about his departure, it just seems like he’d be on the short list of guys to receive benefit of doubt given the personnel he was responsible for.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not shedding tears about his departure, it just seems like he’d be on the short list of guys to receive benefit of doubt given the personnel he was responsible for.

 

I'm just guessing we keep the **** coaches and let the good ones get away...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

He did a lot more than most of our coaches given what little resources he was afforded.  Arguably 2 of our better CBs were not retained in Fuller and Breeland.  Dunbar is a converted WR, Norman played WELL under his salary the first half of the season... Fabian flashed at times.  Johnson was undrafted, and Stroman is a 7th rounder, both played meaningful minutes.  

Edited by OVCChairman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So are we going to hire new coordinators separately and then try and have them work together?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

I'm just guessing we keep the **** coaches and let the good ones get away...

 

the "Redskins' way" this ends up ?

Wade Phillips retires, and Gray becomes McVay's new DC, and they dominate with a top defense.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dyst said:

So are we going to hire new coordinators separately and then try and have them work together?

 

What? That's not how most teams do it? It'll work here! Bruce and Dan are the smartest guys in the room. Just ask them, they'll tell you all about it!

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

the "Redskins' way" this ends up ?

Wade Phillips retires, and Gray becomes McVay's new DC, and they dominate with a top defense.

 

They already have Aubrey Pleasant. Our assitant DB coach we let walk, who is now getting DC attention.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

What? That's not how most teams do it? It'll work here! Bruce and Dan are the smartest guys in the room. Just ask them, they'll tell you all about it!

 

They already have Aubrey Pleasant. Our assitant DB coach we let walk, who is now getting DC attention.

 

Didn't we try and keep Aubrey but he left on his own for greener pastures?

 

and who names their son Aubrey anyway?  Turrible parenting.  I'd prefer Johnny Johnson like the old NFL RB.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

 

Didn't we try and keep Aubrey but he left on his own for greener pastures?

I believe the move was about money, that the Skins wouldn’t match.  Can’t remember for sure though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

 

I'd prefer Johnny Johnson like the old NFL RB.  LOL

 

Timm Rosenbach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to get Bowles but I tend to believe in the narrative that Jay doesn't want anyone who has HC exp on his team that Danny could replace him with during a season.  I think that was the case with Wade Phillips and why he keeps crappy people around like Joe Barry, Haslett (yes he was a HC but past his prime and wasn't good), Manusky. Katowicka.  I could be wrong but Jay is a lot like Bruce in this way that he prefers his safety over the best solution for his job....which of course in the not for long league is counterproductive UNLESS you have ****e owners like Jerrah and Danny.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.