OVCChairman

Per TMZ: Reuben Foster Cleared of Charges

Recommended Posts

Ray Lewis was once charged with double homicide. Once cleared he then proceeded to kick the crap out of offenses for years on his way to a hall of fame career. Hopefully Foster will be our RayRay.

Looks like a lot of people are hoping he ****s up just so they can say I told you so.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Steve Czaban just said on radio that Foster being cleared of the charge is bad because Allen will view it as a victory for him being "right" and embolden them to make more stupid transactions.

 

I for one welcome Kareem Hunt to the Washington Redskins!

 

Get it, young blood!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Ray Lewis was once charged with double homicide. Once cleared he then proceeded to kick the crap out of offenses for years on his way to a hall of fame career. Hopefully Foster will be our RayRay.

Very true!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

 

 

Also, and this is actually pretty important - they said there was not enough evidence to move forward. That is very much different than being cleared.

 

 

NO this is what they said! According to Tampa prosecutors "There was insufficient evidence to file charges against Foster after a meticulous review of the facts of the case"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

 

The beat goes on.

 

Double-Downing on their mistakes because they think they aren't making them hard enough is a pattern I'm starting to notice with this front office.  We survived this one, the only victory here is that he's not going to jail, that doesn't even mean he can play yet thanks to NFL not knowing how to deal with DV at all.

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

 

I for one welcome Kareem Hunt to the Washington Redskins!

 

Get it, young blood!

 

omg, at this point, why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hailmary said:

NO this is what they said! According to Tampa prosecutors "There was insufficient evidence to file charges against Foster after a meticulous review of the facts of the case"

 

Ok, so that came from my own post and they both say exactly the same thing. Not sure what your point is. Insufficient evidence is not the same as cleared. 

 

So YES, it's exactly what I said. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

omg, at this point, why not?

 

That's what I say.

 

Bruce already has no credibility whatsoever. Plus, 1) He didn't hit a woman 2) is a hell of a playmaker, and 3) is young and cheap.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

 

Ok, so that came from my own post and they both say exactly the same thing. Not sure what your point is. Insufficient evidence is not the same as cleared. 

 

So YES, it's exactly what I said. 

You can spin how ever your heart desires this CASE is OVER  :)   Innocent until proven guilty is what this country is lacking my friend!

 

Edited by hailmary
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hailmary said:

You can spin how ever your heart desires this CASE is OVER  :)

 

 

No one is spinning anything but you. You are making **** up in your mind. Yes, the case is "over" I was right about the statement no matte what delusions you are having. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, goskins10 said:

 

No one is spinning anything but you. You are making **** up in your mind. Yes, the case is "over" I was right about the statement no matte what delusions you are having. 

 

 

lol you can spin out of control, I just hope you never find yourself on the other end of the stick.  Innocent until proven guilty is what this country is lacking my friend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't read all the pages here... but on the radio they were saying it was D. Williams who knew how not serious the allegations were. Doug is the one who did the homework on this. This is why he said small potatoes (which he shouldn't have said and ended up apologizing for his insensitive comments towards females). Doug and not Allen should be credited here. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

 

I for one welcome Kareem Hunt to the Washington Redskins!

 

Get it, young blood!

 

What's Pacman up to these days???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well he got past this hurdle.  I hope he's learned his lesson and getting released by the 49ers finally gets the message through to him.   There's a pattern of behavior with this guy though.  Forgot the arrest and court systems for a second....I would of released him, if I were the 49ers, just for hanging around that girl after what she tried to do to him before.  Something's not right upstairs with him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, drowland said:

Well he got past this hurdle.  I hope he's learned his lesson and getting released by the 49ers finally gets the message through to him.   There's a pattern of behavior with this guy though.  Forgot the arrest and court systems for a second....I would of released him, if I were the 49ers, just for hanging around that girl after what she tried to do to him before.  Something's not right upstairs with him.  

I agree, so lets hope being around some of his Bama team mates will help this young man mature by having good role models to follow. Hope for a WIN WIN & HTTR for giving him the chance !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

 

Ok, so that came from my own post and they both say exactly the same thing. Not sure what your point is. Insufficient evidence is not the same as cleared. 

 

So YES, it's exactly what I said. 

RF was "cleared" from these charges today in Tampa, not sure what's so hard to understand :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From many of the replies since the Foster claim happened, it seems clear that a lot of posters have been fortunate enough to have not dealt with domestic violence in their lives. Congrats. But if you're crowing about how "she admitting to lying" about the abuse, you should make yourself aware of how sadly and frustratingly typical it is for a woman to say such a thing to protect an abusive partner. It's a syndrome virtually all battered women go through. Again, if you haven't experienced this with women you know, you're lucky. But that doesn't change the fact that a woman claiming to have made up her abuse allegations is extremely common.

 

You want to know what is definitively NOT common? For an innocent man to continually get back together with a woman who "lied to extort money from him" in court, jeopardizing his career and freedom. It's not just a little case of "bad judgement" people want to dismiss it a. It is, at best, highly suspicious if you choose to believe he's an innocent man who's being victimized by a lying ex.

 

If you can manage to convince yourself to take her "I lied to hurt him" claim at face value and not wonder at Foster (with other criminal history, btw) not acting like the victim you suppose him, you may want to ask yourself what side of this issue you have chosen to be on. Or if you just don't care, because you want to see one of the parties play football.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's better for the organization's reputation but some people need to remember lack of evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen (and I'm not saying that's the case here, just in general), and in the case of his last situation when the victim recanted, the police in that case released a statement noting that this happens a lot in domestic violence cases even when the evidence is there. Victims fall into learned helplessness and are often still in love with their abuser and will go as far as to say they lied fore myriad reasons. It's very sad for anyone who has actually seen this with someone they know.

 

So this doesn't mean Foster is some good guy all of a sudden.

Edited by Sticksboi05
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HigSkin said:
6 games?  Seems a little much but as someone said above, its because its the Redskins and then there's Mara!  I think he maybe already served a few games in suspension.  I wonder if they count.

It's a moot point, IIRC he's already missed 6 games. Also have you guys seen this?

 

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/03/reuben-foster-domestic-violence-charge-dropped/

 

Those "injuries" look like bad acne to me. Am I missing something?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

 

I'm talented enough of an evaluator to find another class LB. I don't even have to think about it, let alone worry about it. Frankly, I've advocated moves in the past which would have nullified the necessity to go after LB.

That was such a spot-on post that I had to rec it, even though it made me feel extremely dirty to like a post in which you call yourself "talented".

 

I need a shower.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

From many of the replies since the Foster claim happened, it seems clear that a lot of posters have been fortunate enough to have not dealt with domestic violence in their lives. Congrats. But if you're crowing about how "she admitting to lying" about the abuse, you should make yourself aware of how sadly and frustratingly typical it is for a woman to say such a thing to protect an abusive partner. It's a syndrome virtually all battered women go through. Again, if you haven't experienced this with women you know, you're lucky. But that doesn't change the fact that a woman claiming to have made up her abuse allegations is extremely common.

 

You want to know what is definitively NOT common? For an innocent man to continually get back together with a woman who "lied to extort money from him" in court, jeopardizing his career and freedom. It's not just a little case of "bad judgement" people want to dismiss it a. It is, at best, highly suspicious if you choose to believe he's an innocent man who's being victimized by a lying ex.

 

If you can manage to convince yourself to take her "I lied to hurt him" claim at face value and not wonder at Foster (with other criminal history, btw) not acting like the victim you suppose him, you may want to ask yourself what side of this issue you have chosen to be on. Or if you just don't care, because you want to see one of the parties play football.

This woman went to jail for lying about one man NOT Foster.   Then said she did it to Foster in front of a judge.   But, yeah, let us still pretend she is possibly telling the truth.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

From many of the replies since the Foster claim happened, it seems clear that a lot of posters have been fortunate enough to have not dealt with domestic violence in their lives. Congrats. But if you're crowing about how "she admitting to lying" about the abuse, you should make yourself aware of how sadly and frustratingly typical it is for a woman to say such a thing to protect an abusive partner. It's a syndrome virtually all battered women go through. Again, if you haven't experienced this with women you know, you're lucky. But that doesn't change the fact that a woman claiming to have made up her abuse allegations is extremely common.

 

You want to know what is definitively NOT common? For an innocent man to continually get back together with a woman who "lied to extort money from him" in court, jeopardizing his career and freedom. It's not just a little case of "bad judgement" people want to dismiss it a. It is, at best, highly suspicious if you choose to believe he's an innocent man who's being victimized by a lying ex.

 

If you can manage to convince yourself to take her "I lied to hurt him" claim at face value and not wonder at Foster (with other criminal history, btw) not acting like the victim you suppose him, you may want to ask yourself what side of this issue you have chosen to be on. Or if you just don't care, because you want to see one of the parties play football.

While i agree with this, I also understand how many women in this country are using these things to benefit their agenda and it has become a slippery slope and we MUST all remember...... in this country we are innocent until proven guilty if not this could affect many of young mans life moving forward! We also can't ignore the FACT this same women was convicted for lying about such accusations.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this situation were reversed and the Skins were in the Niners position. Without a doubt 90% of you in this very chat room would spin this against Snyder, Allen, and our front office just as you are now. I'm happy that we gave this kid a chance and I hope for positive results, because I truly believe a person is innocent until proven guilty. HTTR

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hailmary said:

If this situation were reversed and the Skins were in the Niners position. Without a doubt 90% of you in this very chat room would spin this against Snyder, Allen, and our front office just as you are now. I'm happy that we gave this kid a chance and I hope for positive results, because I truly believe a person is innocent until proven guilty. HTTR

 

So OJ didn't do it then?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.