Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's like 4 days ago, wasn't game 2 Wednesday?  I don't think we survive three loses at home, and you only need two anyway, put your best pitchers, there's no next series after this.

Pitched Wednesday.  Rest on Thurs, Fri, Sat.  Three day rest.

2 minutes ago, -JB- said:

That’s only 3 days rest.  No reason to pitch him on short rest.

Talking about a day difference between what he was doing in the regular season, again, this is the last series, not April.  

This is a distraction, the decision has been made, but I don't consider too short that you gotta put out a guy who's making their first start of this postseason instead for your last home game.

6 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Pitched Wednesday.  Rest on Thurs, Fri, Sat.  Three day rest.

Is three vs four days the end of the world when we're talking about the end of the season?

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Talking about a day difference between what he was doing in the regular season, again, this is the last series, not April.  

This is a distraction, the decision has been made, but I don't consider too short that you gotta put out a guy who's making their first start of this postseason instead for your last home game.

Is three vs four days the end of the world when we're talking about the end of the season?

Why pitch him on short rest tonight when he can just go game 6 on regular rest?  Max likely won’t be ready until game 7 if he can’t lift his arm now.  If you pitch Stras on short rest then who do you pitch game 6

if Max isn’t ready?  They made the right move.  And the bats are the problem right now.  1 for last 21 with RISP.

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Might as well go with Stras on full rest since you know you have to win 2 anyway.  

This is a helluva risk, baseball is too unpredictable in terms of crazy **** happening.  I'm nervous or next game will be elimination and then we HAVE to win two in Houston, the best home team in baseball.  

Has a team ever lost all their home games in a world series and still win it?

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This game isn't the end of the season. There's a game on Tuesday that I would argue we have a pitching advantage in. And if we win it there's another one, possibly with an ace on the mound. 

All this game does it take the pressure on game 5 and add it onto game 6. 

Edited by Bacon