Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, Bacon said:

We have the worst bullpen in postseason history.

77% of teams who win the first two games on the road win it all. 

There are lots of statistics you could throw out to guarantee victory or dismiss us. Common sense matters more. 

How is it common sense to hope to win four games on the road against the best home team in baseball?  

You right, we can go all day on statistics.  But I stand that this was the game we needed to put all the chips in, this team is better then us, its bad enough we have to win the elmination game there, now we're talking about having not get elminated after losing three in a row a first game down there.

It's 4-0, we can keep having this arguement or try to enjoy this baseball game.  I'm disappointed this is how we decided to go out on our first home world series stand since 1933. Joe F'n Ross?

Just now, Renegade7 said:

How is it common sense to hope to win four games on the road against the best home team in baseball?  

You right, we can go all day on statistics.  But I stand that this was the game we needed to put all the chips in, this team is better then us, its bad enough we have to win the elmination game there, now we're talking about having not get elminated after losing three in a row a first game down there.

It's 4-0, we can keep having this arguement or try to enjoy this baseball game.  I'm disappointed this is how we decided to go out on our first home world series stand since 1933. Joe F'n Ross?

It should be abundantly clear by now that people who are disagreeing with you doesn't think starting Stras on a short rest is such a hot idea.  In fact, I haven't any pundit mention that as what the Nats should have done either.  But fine, it's your opinion.  It may have mattered.  It may not have.  We'll never know.

• Like 1

Just now, bearrock said:

It should be abundantly clear by now that people who are disagreeing with you doesn't think starting Stras on a short rest is such a hot idea.  In fact, I haven't any pundit mention that as what the Nats should have done either.  But fine, it's your opinion.  It may have mattered.  It may not have.  We'll never know.

All I know is that we have Strasburg on Tuesday. If this had happened to him on short rest, we wouldn't.

Shrug. 

Just now, bearrock said:

It is, I even offered to bow out, but people keep quoting me on this.

I'm sure many of the pundits went on record with that before it was 4-0.  We'll see who comes out second guessing this after the game is over.  

Ya, I'm fine with agreeing to disagree.  I stand by whatever rest we think mattered isn't going to matter with the amount of momentum Houston is going to have going into game 6 at home.  I do not agree starting Ross was the best plan possible with scenario staring us in the face.