Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

The players let the fans down and the umps kicked them while they were on the ground. 

Good luck winning the fans back next season after THIS display. Rendon and Strasburg damn well better get big, fat contracts. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The players let the fans down and the umps kicked them while they were on the ground. 

Good luck winning the fans back next season after THIS display. Rendon and Strasburg damn well better get big, fat contracts. 

Omg, win the fans back? Seriously? They are in the world series as a wild card. If someone has to been won back they probably weren't fans to being with, jus jumping on the bandwagon because why not, 1933 since the last one.

Leeves are broken and the city is flooding...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Omg, win the fans back? Seriously? They are in the world series as a wild card. If someone has to been won back they probably weren't fans to being with, jus jumping on the bandwagon because why not, 1933 since the last one.

Yeah that is one of the dumbest things I've read in this thread.

I can flat out say that I am just a homer and not an MLB fan.  I used to love baseball when I was a kid but when that strike happened, all of my love for baseball including card collecting, switched to the NBA and it never really came back.

While I always know what is going on with the Nats due to sports radio, I never really pay any attention at all until the playoffs the past decade or so.

I can say that next year I will 100% be paying more attention to the regular season and excited for it, and will be going to more games than I have in the past.

• Thanks 1

Sigh....  Let's hope we leave the bad mojo behind at home.  Watch and hope.  What else do we have at this point.  Caps lost three in a row to TB after taking the first two on the road.  We'll see how this tale ends.  Even if we lose, I just hope we go out with more fight than what we've shown in the last 3 games.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Not winning a single game at home is choking. I won't hear otherwise. 

The Astros won 103 games this year, not 143. Road sweeps are tricky even against bad teams. 

Astros won 107 games and with their lineup and rotation are one of the best teams ever. They’re just loaded everywhere. 

You’ve still got 2 games left with your stud  aces on the mound in each so you’ve got a chance. Time to make history 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

Sigh....  Let's hope we leave the bad mojo behind at home.  Watch and hope.  What else do we have at this point.  Caps lost three in a row to TB after taking the first two on the road.  We'll see how this tale ends.  Even if we lose, I just hope we go out with more fight than what we've shown in the last 3 games.

No matter what,  I'm glad they finally broke through. Not gonna be a debbie downer about this. 

• Like 2

This is the game I would've wanted to go to to thank them even if they lost.

I've had the volume off most of the game to do homework, are they booing or giving them a send off?

They are jus getting beat unconscious right now on the mat, blood everywhere, that's the better teams, is what it is.

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Astros won 107 games and with their lineup and rotation are one of the best teams ever. They’re just loaded everywhere. 

You’ve still got 2 games left with your stud  aces on the mound in each so you’ve got a chance. Time to make history 

Would be insane if the road team won every game this series lol

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Scherzer couldn't lift his arm today...

Game 7 would likely be Sanchez.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Thank Christ you're not in the locker room. Please nobody tell them that the consolation prize is acceptable after going up 2-0.

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Thank Christ you're not in the locker room. Please nobody tell them that the consolation prize is acceptable after going up 2-0.

Ever since the Braves went up 2-0 in the series @ NY in 1996 WS and then lost the next 4 they haven’t won the WS since.  It seems like 3 lifetimes ago.  To get this close and not be able to wrap it up hurts man.  May never get another shot.

Edited by -JB-