Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Astros won 107 games and with their lineup and rotation are one of the best teams ever. They’re just loaded everywhere. 

You’ve still got 2 games left with your stud  aces on the mound in each so you’ve got a chance. Time to make history 

Doesn’t excuse getting run out of our stadium 3 straight games after crushing them in Houston.  We got arrogant and thought it was over.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Doesn’t excuse getting run out of our stadium 3 straight games after crushing them in Houston.  We got arrogant and thought it was over.  

or the Astros are just really ****ing good and beat them. I doubt the nationals players were planning the parade against this lineup and rotation 

• Like 4

Just now, Bacon said:

Thank Christ you're not in the locker room. Please nobody tell them that the consolation prize is acceptable after going up 2-0.

They never should've been up 0-2, isnt that obvious by now?  They straight "Stewey - wheres my money" clown pounding us right now, **** yes I'm proud of them for keeping the Astros from getting the trophy in DC.

"Oh you got money for baby shark, huh?"

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

They never should've been up 0-2, isnt that obvious by now?  They straight "Stewey - wheres my money" clown pounding us right now, **** yes I'm proud of them for keeping the Astros from getting the trophy in DC.

"Oh you got money for baby shark, huh?"

I know you're at least partially kidding, but even the ****ing Orioles could steal one of three at Camden. This crosses over from "good team beating other good team" into complete embarrassment. 

They owe the fans better in game 6.

• Confused 1

3 runs in 3 home games.  I don’t care they lost all three as much as they just basically shrunk into the background of the “Houston is historically good” plot after taking it to them in games 1 and 2.

And I don’t care how good the Astros pitching is, they faced Grienke who was having a horrible post season, the a bullpen guy, then Cole.  

And at least over the first 2 games of the home stand, they were something like 1-18 with RISP.

They had chances that they just couldn’t convert. 

Honestly, if they were going to do this I kinda would have preferred they get swept and just tip your cap to the Astros.  But to have this kind of success and then shrink so badly is just depressing.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

I know you're at least partially kidding, but even the ****ing Orioles could steal one of three at Camden. This crosses over from "good team beating other good team" into complete embarrassment. 

They owe the fans better the Joe Ross, but too late for that.

And I dont want to hear about what the diet rat birds are doing at home fantasizing about if they had the chance to not lose more games then the Astros won.

What the Orioles would do, has the redskins would stand a better chance and they play a different f'n sport.

Too bad they couldn't have Ovechkin suit up for a game. He might not be very good at baseball but I bet he could send a hard slapper to the pitchers mound that would  have nearly killed Cole. 

10 minutes ago, Bacon said:

With their #3/4/5 pitchers, no, they would not.   They would get destroyed.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

What is this BS? That same game day link says they lost 23-2 to Houston the previous game in Baltimore.  Are you trolling or something?

No, I was proving someone's point wrong with a scenario that actually took place. 

Baseball is built around embracing and accepting failure. Even the best teams lose frequently. Sweeping teams on the road is actually quite difficult. 

To not even take a single game of what amounted to a full home series is goddamn pathetic and I don't know why I even have to justify this. 

Just now, Bacon said:

No, I was proving someone's point wrong with a scenario that actually took place. 

Baseball is built around embracing and accepting failure. Even the best teams lose frequently. Sweeping teams on the road is actually quite difficult. 

To not even take a single game of what amounted to a full home series is goddamn pathetic and I don't know why I even have to justify this. 

You cant make that point with a 108 lose team, you jus cant.

Am I disappointed, whatever. Did they choke? Maybe.  But this has been a helluva season I'm proud of them, I'm not questioning if I will follow them next season.  You are being rediculous.

• Like 1