Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I was really worried when our bats exploded in that last game in Houston. Used up all or runs.

I respect your opinions the majority of the time, but this is such an incredibly stupid take. It means nothing. It's not a thing. It's a goofy superstition that flies in the face of what we did in the regular season, frequently stringing together multiple days of great hitting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

I respect your opinions the majority of the time, but this is such an incredibly stupid take. It means nothing. It's not a thing. It's a goofy superstition that flies in the face of what we did in the regular season, frequently stringing together multiple days of great hitting. 

I know. It was kind of tongue in cheek. But in this instance it seems to have come true :)

• Like 1

There's definitely a hangover after scoring double digit runs in a single game.

Not just us. All teams.

Doesn't help when you have to face HOUs pitching the rest of the series.

Theres a lot that goes into that that isnt stupid or superstition.  The comment was made about how Nats were studying the hell out of the Astros waiting for them and basically caught them with zero pressure or expectations.  They were playing super lose and relaxed, now the pressure is in and they are folding like lawn chairs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So it appears as though the Nats in the 3 game home stand in the WS might not get more than 1 run in any game.

And that's just pathetic.

I'm not even sure where to start, this seems so in between the ears, I thought they were passed this.  Getting a big name hitter free agent wouldnt save this, Harper wouldnt save this total collapse.

3 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

There's definitely a hangover after scoring double digit runs in a single game.

Not just us. All teams.

Doesn't help when you have to face HOUs pitching the rest of the series.

Sure, a hangover game is reasonable after a long game and a travel day. The egg we're laying has nothing to do with a hangover. 

I hate this quote so much. It felt wrong then and it stings now. Exemplifies the attitude of a team that felt they had it all figured out. 

Edited by Bacon

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

This would hurt less if the Nats weren't so damn likable. You get swept away in the fun and magic of the season and it all falls apart at the end. 

Maybe the public was right to ignore us all season long. 

Meh, I think well look back on this and say the public ignoring us took the pressure off them to get to this point.  Once they started feeling themselves it was all downhill, until they ran into the best team in baseball. 

I dont know if they'll be back because I was wrong thinking they got past the pressure being on them thing, but this was special and they have my respect.  They won more series this year then the redskins won playoff games this century, and theyve only been here in dc, what, 15 years? That's impressive. 

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Sure, a hangover game is reasonable after a long game and a travel day. The egg we're laying has nothing to do with a hangover. 

The egg we're laying has to do with 3 things:

1. Houston is damn freaking good, and has damn freaking awesome pitching.  

2. The Nats are trying SO hard to give the home fans something to cheer about that they're rushing, not working counts, and just not putting together the type of "professional" at bats that they did in Houston

3. After a frustrating game 3, they put more pressure on themselves for game 4, and even more in game 5, and they just aren't coping well.  

They need to burn these blue unis and go back to the Red and see if they can reverse the juju.

• Like 1