Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, Bacon said:

This game isn't the end of the season. There's a game on Tuesday that I would argue we have a pitching advantage in. And if we win it there's another one, possibly with an ace on the mound. 

All this game does it take the pressure on game 5 and add it into game 6. 

Yes.  And you’re just playing to get to that game 7 if you lose game 5.  Win game 6 & anything can happen in the wacky game7.

Just now, -JB- said:

Why pitch him on short rest tonight when he can just go game 6 on regular rest?  Max likely won’t be ready until game 7 if he can’t lift his arm now.  If you pitch Stras on short rest then who do you pitch game 6

if Max isn’t ready?  They made the right move.  And the bats are the problem right now.  1 for last 21 with RISP.

If Max isn't ready the series may be over based on the logic of Corbin being on too short a rest for game 7.

They lose this game today, this series may be over, that's why you put him out there on 3 days rest instead of 4.

I agree the bats need to wake up, but its all your cards on the table time, we're getting close to that point of putting all available starters you have left type of game.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

This game isn't the end of the season. There's a game on Tuesday that I would argue we have a pitching advantage in. And if we win it there's another one, possibly with an ace on the mound. 

All this game does it take the pressure on game 5 and add it onto game 6. 

Pitching doesn’t mean **** if we can’t hit the broadside of a barn 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

No man. That makes game 6 an elimination game. The pressure triples over this game.

Just now, Bacon said:

No one has answered my question on any team winning the world series when not winning a home game.  That's typically not how that works from my understanding, going against the team with the best home record. 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is a helluva risk, baseball is too unpredictable in terms of crazy **** happening.  I'm nervous or next game will be elimination and then we HAVE to win two in Houston, the best home team in baseball.  

Has a team ever lost all their home games in a world series and still win it?

Does it matter if there was or not?  It has no bearing on the current state of affairs.  How many times have a team's best two pitchers all pitched on the road?  

It's a short rest.  You play game 6 regardless of what happens tonight. And it's between a 3 day rest vs a 5 day rest cause of travel day.  Trotting out Stras tonight on short rest and then Ross on the road just because of a feeling that you have to win one at home makes no sense.

Just now, bearrock said:

Trotting out Stras tonight on short rest and then Ross on the road just because of a feeling that you have to win one at home makes no sense.

^^^^

Not to mention, all of this matters less if we could hit with RISP. But we can't. 

Just now, bearrock said:

Does it matter if there was or not?  It has no bearing on the current state of affairs.  How many times have a team's best two pitchers all pitched on the road?  

It's a short rest.  You play game 6 regardless of what happens tonight. And it's between a 3 day rest vs a 5 day rest cause of travel day.  Trotting out Stras tonight on short rest and then Ross on the road just because of a feeling that you have to win one at home makes no sense.

This isn't a feeling, no one has ever won the world series without winning a home game.  I'm looking, I cannot find one.  That's the best home team in a baseball, that's not a feeling, that's a fact.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

This isn't a feeling, no one has ever won the world series without winning a home game.  I'm looking, I cannot find one.  That's the best home team in a baseball, that's not a feeling, that's a fact.

How many won winning three on the road?

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If Max isn't ready the series may be over based on the logic of Corbin being on too short a rest for game 7.

They lose this game today, this series may be over, that's why you put him out there on 3 days rest instead of 4.

I agree the bats need to wake up, but its all your cards on the table time, we're getting close to that point of putting all available starters you have left type of game.

This is only the 4th inning.  The Nats bats have been PATHETIC through right about now at home BUT it ain’t over yet and MAYBE you can Luck your way into winning this game.  If that happens then you have a chance to close the series out with Stras on the hill and on full rest!

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

We have the worst bullpen in postseason history.

77% of teams who win the first two games on the road win it all. 

There are lots of statistics you could throw out to guarantee victory or dismiss us. Common sense matters more. 

Just now, -JB- said:

This is only the 4th inning.  The Nats bats have been PATHETIC through right about now at home BUT it ain’t over yet and MAYBE you can Luck your way into winning this game.  If that happens then you have a chance to close the series out with Stras on the hill and on full rest!

I don't think its over either, I'm speaking from the odds of winning this series having to win all our games on the road.  That just doesn't even sound right, this is the a must win game, the momentum has completely swung to Houston now.