Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

I don't get the rush to trade Turner.  With another year of control, why trade him unless you are absolutely sure that he won't bring back more during the winter?  I don't see the LA trade as a deal you can't refuse type of thing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

****ing better be massive...

I read this and I’m like holy **** yes!!!

Then The next tweet says If trade is completed, full package headed to Nationals for Scherzer and Turner Nationals will be C Keibert Ruiz, RHP Josiah Gray and two mid-range prospects, sources tell @TheAthletic. Others reporting Scherzer has given has approval.

Reaction GIF

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I don't get the rush to trade Turner.  With another year of control, why trade him unless you are absolutely sure that he won't bring back more during the winter?  I don't see the LA trade as a deal you can't refuse type of thing.

A big part of his value is that extra year of control.  He's not as valuable if you trade him this time next year.  Or over the winter.  

Ruiz is a nice start for this deal but gotta see who else is in there.  

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

So we're going to dump Turner because we don't think we can afford to sign him a year from now. We're turning into the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Malls are dying. The Lerner's are quickly moving from the richest owners in MLB to...still the richest owners in MLB.

They are a joke. If they don't extend Soto I'm out. Sick of never paying our own players except for Strasburg

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

So we're going to dump Turner because we don't think we can afford to sign him a year from now. We're turning into the Pittsburgh Pirates.

It sucks but his value will never be any higher.  Also, I think it’s very unrealistic to think you can sign Soto & Turner to massive contracts.

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I'd rather see the Nats keep Soto instead of Turner.  Maybe it doesn't have to be an either/or situation but if they give Turner a bunch of money and can't extend keep Soto?  I dunno, I'd rather have Soto in the end.

And you're not turning into the Pirates, thats hyperbole.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'd rather see the Nats keep Soto instead of Turner.  Maybe it doesn't have to be an either/or situation but if they give Turner a bunch of money and can't extend keep Soto?  I dunno, I'd rather have Soto in the end.

image.png.d10f497b979533231b20068b97b4551a.png

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Let's be real.  They're not resigning Soto.

• Sad 2