Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Keith Law said he was basically a good backup--good pop, decent behind the plate, but won't hit enough to be a regular

Since he’s already 25, that’s probably the case. But his 2019 season at age 23 had good enough results you gotta wonder if there might be a little potential there. If you can get .250 with 15HR and decent defense from a starting catcher on a rookie deal, that’s a win. TBD obviously whether he has that in him at the big league level. 

• Like 1

There is no athlete I've loved watching more as an adult than Max Scherzer.  If this is the end for him as a Nat, what a privilege it has been.  I've watched nearly every start and there are so many fantastic memories.   He deserves to go wherever he wants, so, if he's traded, I'll just be happy for him.  I'll be cheering for him wherever he goes.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have been so, so blessed to watch him every 5 days. If this is the last Scherzday, he has been worth every penny, every minute he's been here. To see him finally break through and grit out those 5 innings in Game 7--not his greatest effort, but did what Max does: grit, grind, not give in, give us a chance to win. And we did.

This is everything.

2 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

I'd pay for mlb.com just for this game (if I didn't have it already).  They are showing all of Max's Nats career highlights.  There might be some tears here.  

****ing Manfred and MLB has local games blacked out.

1 minute ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I'm sitting my my desk working with the MASN app playing away next to me. They don't use your carrier? 

No, I cut the cable, thinking YouTubeTV or the like would work. Nope. Angelos sucks.

5 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

AT&T TV is the only streaming service that has it. At $85 it’s a little pricey. But they have it. 

I've got it and it works great.  Will probably cut it after the season but it's month to month.  I'm not sure why AT&T TV is the only streaming services that carries MASN but I'm glad they do.

Previous two or three years I got an MLB.tv package and had to **** around with a VPN, sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't.  

I'm obviously not a Nats fan but I don't think I appreciated Scherzer enough while he was here.  He's probably a top 3 pitcher of his generation.  Him, Kershaw, Verlander.  

• Like 2

Ya MLBtv has been amazing for me this year. Well worth it. It's sad when it's easier to watch Nats games living 3000 miles away than people that live in the area. Blackouts still make zero sense to me

3 hard hits against max in a row. Lucky to have that deep center field behind him. Hope hes not losing his grip again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

Ya MLBtv has been amazing for me this year. Well worth it. It's sad when it's easier to watch Nats games living 3000 miles away than people that live in the area. Blackouts still make zero sense to me

3 hard hits against max in a row. Lucky to have that deep center field behind him. Hope hes not losing his grip again

Blackouts are ****ing stupid.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

No, I cut the cable, thinking YouTubeTV or the like would work. Nope. Angelos sucks.

I thought the Youtube thing was just a coupled games a week, though. 

AT&T is an option, but some of those packages may as well be cable.