Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I hate this quote so much. It felt wrong then and it stings now. Exemplifies the attitude of a team that felt they had it all figured out. 

Begs the question, do you think they are chocking or ran into a better buzzsaw?  Astros almost swept the Yankees in New York in the previous series, cats emotional and possibly retiring and ****.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Begs the question, do you think they are chocking or ran into a better buzzsaw?  Astros almost swept the Yankees in New York in the previous series, cats emotional and possibly retiring and ****.

Not winning a single game at home is choking. I won't hear otherwise. 

The Astros won 103 games this year, not 143. Road sweeps are tricky even against bad teams. 

Edited by Bacon

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Not so sure about that.

All it takes is one swing...

Help, maybe, but this looks the same in between the ears thing he couldnt stop when he was here.  I still would've resigned him, and not given a damn how much it cost to resign Rendon, jus done it, too, but I'm passed that, he didnt want to be here, that's his call.

Astros lineup works counts man gets ahead in counts and makes great contact.  The Nats are looking at pitches right down the middle of the plate, getting behind in counts or popping everything up early in counts it’s just pathetic.  Nats have just suddenly reverted back to the Nats of yesteryear just awful AB after awful AB for 3 games running!

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Not winning a single game at home is choking. I won't hear otherwise. 

The Astros won 103 games this year, not 143.

That's fair, I mean losing is one thing, they look straight shook right now.

And ain't no such thing as halfway crooks.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Help, maybe, but this looks the same in between the ears thing he couldnt stop when he was here.  I still would've resigned him, and not given a damn how much it cost to resign Rendon, jus done it, too, but I'm passed that, he didnt want to be here, that's his call.

He did want to be here actually.

He just wasn't willing to take large amounts of deferred money.

I wouldn't have done it either.....

In all honesty if you had told me before the series started that we were going to make it to game 6 I would have taken it. What hurts is winning both road games to start the series and then folding. Its not over. We seemed to play well in Houston. And we already proved we can win two in a row there.

• Like 1

Just now, -JB- said:

Astros lineup works counts man gets ahead in counts and makes great contact.  The Nats are looking at pitches right down the middle of the plate, getting behind in counts and popping everything up early in counts it’s just pathetic.

The number of weak fly-outs to center is startling.  

The whole approach at the plate is just bad, and has been since they got home.  They did SUCH a better job in Houston working counts and getting the starters deep into counts.

Since they've been home, it's like an average of 2.5 pitches per at bat, and that's just meh.  

• Like 2

Just now, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

He did want to be here actually.

He just wasn't willing to take large amounts of deferred money.

I wouldn't have done it either.....

If he really wanted to be here he would've started with a lower number knowing the Nats had zero intent of giving him $300 million.  I didnt like the way the Nats offered was structured, but it was a reaction to not wanting to give him that much in the first place.