Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

2 hours ago, skinswillwin06 said:

Is there any way to tell if people are actually buying these Stubhub tickets at these absurd prices? I'm trying to go to game 4 and willing to pay a pretty penny but the current prices are bat**** insane. 

They are. Not for 10k or stuff like that - but my premium seats sold for $3200 each (Although that market is slow).  PNC seats selling for around $2500. Standing rooms is selling for about $800 - $1100. Seats are selling for $1100 to $1500.  When you list tickets -you have access to see what tickets are actually selling.  

Keep in mind - this is not greed.

1- DISCOUNTED Season ticket holder prices were still between $250 and $600

2- Anyone who got tickets at those prices (or 90%+) was a Season ticket holder.  Which means -they paid basically full price for all (or at least half) the games. So all those games that they couldn't make, and tickets were being sold for $5 on stub hub - those mid week games against the marlins that had 12k fans there - those STH paid full price.  so they lost hundards / thousands.  Nats finally made the WS and they are now FINALLY able to recover some of their losses.

(I know you weren't complaining about the prices -just asking a legit question. But im using your post to vent a bit as i have CASUAL friends (Not even close friends) getting mad at me for not selling them some extra tickets i got at face).

Edited by TMK9973
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

(I know you weren't complaining about the prices -just asking a legit question. But im using your post to vent a bit as i have CASUAL friends (Not even close friends) getting mad at me for not selling them some extra tickets i got at face).

Just ask them if, any other day of the year or occasion, would they come up to you and ask you to give them $2000. Because that's basically what they are doing by asking for a grossly below market price handout. 

• Like 1

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Just ask them if, any other day of the year or occasion, would they come up to you and ask you to give them $2000. Because that's basically what they are doing by asking for a grossly below market price handout. 

Even better -some of my closer friends who are die hards asked me before the presale -I DID offer to buy them tickets at my face for the presale. But i was clear that they had to be prepared to pay $300 to $500 a ticket that day, I couldn't tell them where the tickets would be until last second, and they would have less then 2 mins to decide and would have to be online during the time of the presale to make the call.  Only 1 person actually agreed on those terms (Everyone else was like "I'll wait". That 1 friend got 2 tickets for lower level seats at $750 total.  The other ones are now looking for tickets for under 1k.  LOL.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

They tried, really hard...

you could see it on Stras face a little last night, he wanted them calls. he's dialed in like i've never seen from him before, he's hitting spots exactly where he wants them. minus that mistake to Bregman in the first, he didn't lose location until he crept up on 105 pitches

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He will 100% get epically booed.  ****, ticket prices on the secondary market will probably go up even further because people want to participate in the booing.  

Edit:  Also probably a worse first pitch than John Wall.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Right now, the forecast for the weekend only points to rain from late Saturday night/early Sunday morning through early Sunday evening. Doubt that anything gets rained out and Saturday will be clear unless we go deep into extras. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Sooo..little bro nabbed some Game 4 SROs last week.

Price has almost doubled since then...

#stonks

Yeah man the prices are ridiculous now.

Last week my max price was $300 but I probably would have gone up a little more.

Then the past few days it's upped to $500.

No chance I'm going for the $1100+ prices though.   I just can't justify that.  And my wife would want to go "just to go" and she couldn't even name 1 person on the Nats.  And i'm more of a homer than a baseball fan too, so $1100 is just something I can't do.

I was also keeping an eye on the Astros tickets to see what the market would do closer to game.  Well the tickets were like $400 in the afternoon.  Then around 6pm they were $500.  Then at like 7-7:30 they were $550 - $600.

So that market went COMPLETELY the opposite of what I was thinking it would do.  Obviously not the same as around here, but if it's an indication prices could be HIGHER closer to game time.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

It could rain Saturday/Sunday. That would actually be bad for us if games got pushed because it means we could face Cole again on full rest Game 4.

**** Cole.  He ain't ****.  

2 hours ago, TMK9973 said:

They are. Not for 10k or stuff like that - but my premium seats sold for $3200 each (Although that market is slow).  PNC seats selling for around $2500. Standing rooms is selling for about $800 - $1100. Seats are selling for $1100 to $1500.  When you list tickets -you have access to see what tickets are actually selling.  

Keep in mind - this is not greed.

1- DISCOUNTED Season ticket holder prices were still between $250 and $600

2- Anyone who got tickets at those prices (or 90%+) was a Season ticket holder.  Which means -they paid basically full price for all (or at least half) the games. So all those games that they couldn't make, and tickets were being sold for $5 on stub hub - those mid week games against the marlins that had 12k fans there - those STH paid full price.  so they lost hundards / thousands.  Nats finally made the WS and they are now FINALLY able to recover some of their losses.

I talked to a guy on the metro who is a season ticket holder, on the way home from Game 4 in the NLCS.

He said he had already purchased his 3 WS game tickets.

He paid $170 a piece.

So they were selling for way less than $250-$600 for some people.

Edited by purbeast

6 minutes ago, purbeast said:

No chance I'm going for the $1100+ prices though.   I just can't justify that.  And my wife would want to go "just to go" and she couldn't even name 1 person on the Nats.  And i'm more of a homer than a baseball fan too, so $1100 is just something I can't do.

During the Caps Stanley Cup run, this nearly happened to me for tickets around $1,000.  I "surprised" my wife with a ticket to Hamilton because it was cheaper. :)

Edited by PleaseBlitz

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

During the Caps Stanley Cup run, this nearly happened to me for tickets around $1,000.  I "surprised" my wife with a ticket to Hamilton because it was cheaper. :)

I hae no clue WTF that play is even about other than it's mad expensive to see.

• Haha 1

I’ve heard people say they bought several tickets at $$$ so they can turn around and sell a few of those tickets at $$$$ to recoup the money. I get the business side of it but it also kinda sucks for those who actually want to go. For me, watching on TV is awesome.