Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread- Eli’s Stoopid Face at Redskins

TK

12 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Agreed. When you have the 2nd overall pick and you're a team in need of a QB of the future, and there are several to choose from, taking a RB goes against the value of the pick. 

Always go for the sure pick/best player available. We didn’t draft AP because we had Clinton Portis. Except for Mayfield, the rest of QB class had been not that great.

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

What are you talking about. One of them beat us in the Super Bowl?

A billion years ago. Not relevant to the modern NFL.

13 minutes ago, dyst said:

Always go for the sure pick/best player available. We didn’t draft AP because we had Clinton Portis. Except for Mayfield, the rest of QB class had been not that great.

But Quinton Nelson would’ve sured up their o line for years to come. Meanwhile they would’ve had their choice of running backs in the 2nd round. Or they trade back and get more high end picks. 

6 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

But Quinton Nelson would’ve sured up their o line for years to come. Meanwhile they would’ve had their choice of running backs in the 2nd round. Or they trade back and get more high end picks. 

The Giants? Honestly I have no concerns with that team. Like the Eagles, they always find a way to quickly bounce back. They have been the most successful team in the East for a long time and they have 2 elite level talents in OBJ and Barkley. Soon enough they will find their QB and before you know it, will quickly surpass us once again. It’s ridiculous how these other team break down and build up their team...meanwhile you look at us and we are just ****ing as stupid as can be.

17 minutes ago, dyst said:

Too early to tell what teams have in the QBs that were taken in the 1st round. Mayfield seems legit. And the Jets' guy looks promising. 

The Giants went with a RB over a QB, and while the RB has started since day one, they are a 5 win team so far this year. ANd their aging QB is another year older. You saw the status of their backup QB position in the 2nd half today. Barkely could win MVP every season, but they aren't winning anything with that guy at QB. 

4 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Too early to tell what teams have in the QBs that were taken in the 1st round. Mayfield seems legit. And the Jets' guy looks promising. 

The Giants went with a RB over a QB, and while the RB has started since day one, they are a 5 win team so far this year. ANd their aging QB is another year older. You saw the status of their backup QB position in the 2nd half today. Barkely could win MVP every season, but they aren't winning anything with that guy at QB. 

I do agree with the assessment but I feel elite talent shouldn’t be missed. They can try to find QB this year or fill in other holes. Easier to find journeymen than it is to find elite talent. Granted there is no right way to do. We drafted a guard and it got us nowhere. 

I was at our works party tonight and I checked on the score at the start of the 4th quarter. 40 *******-0 to the Giants. If Gruden and the rest of the ******* coaches are not sacked in the morning I'm DONE, I'm an English Redskins fan for 30 years plus and I've never been as ******* embarrassed as I have been tonight. An absolute Disgrace 

I question why Jay didn't go straight to Johnson over Sanchez. If we were on our 3rd string anyways, maybe the RG3 playbook would be easier to get yards on offense, vs bringing in Sanchez and expecting him to run the preferred Gruden offense, which seems to be rather complex.

Problem that could have been easy to see... if Alex couldn't get Jay's offense clicking, there is no reason zilch to think Sanchez could, especially with the OL in shambles. Josh probably gave us the best chance to win the moment Colt went down. 

2 hours ago, dyst said:

I simply don’t understand how quickly people can be so rash to judge QBs just drafted. One, these guys tend to be drafted to bad teams, at least the ones that start. And two, most don’t even play this year or if they do it’s later on in the season. There’s really only 5 or 6 elite QBs in the nfl so just because you don’t get one that pays dividend immediately doesn’t mean the class stinks.

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I question why Jay didn't go straight to Johnson over Sanchez. If we were on our 3rd string anyways, maybe the RG3 playbook would be easier to get yards on offense, vs bringing in Sanchez and expecting him to run the preferred Gruden offense, which seems to be rather complex.

Problem that could have been easy to see... if Alex couldn't get Jay's offense clicking, there is no reason zilch to think Sanchez could, especially with the OL in shambles. Josh probably gave us the best chance to win the moment Colt went down. 

Because the last time Josh threw a pass in the NFL, Wes Walker led the league in receptions and Maurice Jones Drew led the league in rushing.

17 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Gruden probably burned the RG3 playbook. 

But IMO, it's tough to judge Johnson based on the circumstances.  Up 40, safe to say the dogs were called off on the Giants defense. 

38 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Because the last time Josh threw a pass in the NFL, Wes Walker led the league in receptions and Maurice Jones Drew led the league in rushing.

Why did he play today, then?

All of the guys we brought in were out of the league. 

There seems to be more important things to focus on, than date of last pass thrown.  Such as, what style of QB is best for us to score touchdowns with a ghost of an OL.  Mobility is a fine trait to focus on with lame duck OL play, and lame duck WR's.

While I did predict hilarity before the start of the season I had no idea that it would get this bad. 

I feel bad for those of you who actually keep watching but I gave up watching Jay Gruden trying to polish Dan and Bruces turd a long time ago.

Sell the team you relentless buffoon.

3 hours ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I doubt we win another game the rest of the year.

lets be real they shouldn't.. Any more wins will do NOTHING to help this team. Not moral, not player assessment, not pride, nothing. And yes we sometimes screw the pooch when it comes to drafting but we need as high of a draft pick that we can get to start to rebuild this disaster of a team. And remember its not just the first round, we get to pick early thru out the draft so each round we would be picking earlier then later. And save your breath in calling me names. I have been a fan since 1971. I have paid my dues to vent, ****, and call it as I see it. FAIL i mean Hail

3 hours ago, TouchdownSkin said:

Gruden said “it wasn’t a lack of competing, we just kinda got beat a little bit.  He would never say we didn’t compete”.

He truly is a dumb ass.

Kinda got beat a little bit.

Typical gruden response. KINDA? You got your asses handed to you!! a little bit? You ONLY scored when they took out their offensive and defensive starters. Joke of a coack

12 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

lets be real they shouldn't.. Any more wins will do NOTHING to help this team. Not moral, not player assessment, not pride, nothing. And yes we sometimes screw the pooch when it comes to drafting but we need as high of a draft pick that we can get to start to rebuild this disaster of a team. And remember its not just the first round, we get to pick early thru out the draft so each round we would be picking earlier then later. And save your breath in calling me names. I have been a fan since 1971. I have paid my dues to vent, ****, and call it as I see it. FAIL i mean Hail

How many God damn lose out the season for a higher draft pick seasons do we need to prove to y'all that IT DON'T WORK!...if the skins are playing and you claim to be a fan scince 45 or just started yesterday root for the skins to win.

19 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

While I did predict hilarity before the start of the season I had no idea that it would get this bad. 

I feel bad for those of you who actually keep watching but I gave up watching Jay Gruden trying to polish Dan and Bruces turd a long time ago.

Yeah, well your Vikings aren't doing so hot either. :P;)

Archived