Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting QB 2019???

Renegade7

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

• Alex Smith
    • Colt McCoy
    • Trade for a Veteran
    • Sign a Veteran
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Too Early to Answer
    • I don't know yet
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)

I don't love Keenum, but if he's cheap, I'd take it and not look back. He should be as good as Colt McCoy is at the very least, and healthy to boot. Veteran, but not so old that he couldn't sit behind Smith *if* Smith came back at good strength.

I wanted Keenum and was sad that they got Alex instead because Keenum would have been cheaper to get. The FO and their WIN NOW mentality of one player away from SB prevented long term thinking. Maybe they have learned the hard way and get a year or two rental this time so they can truly find their franchise QB in the draft. :)

3 hours ago, Hooper said:

Keenum would not be a terrible option. Hell, I like him better than Flacco. Elway is terrible at running a team.

I can't believe anyone gave up anything for Flacco. He's making nearly $20 million in base salary (though presumably the Ravens absorb some of his pro-rated bonus cap hit as he's counting nearly $26 million on the Ravens cap) and hasn't been an above average QB in years. Frankly I'm not sure he was every really above average, but he's clearly past whatever peak he had. He's 34 now. Bizarrely there are plenty of other veteran options out there. It's like flushing a 4th rounder down the toilet for fun (also remember, allegedly no one would have traded for Kirk Cousins if the Redskins had tagged him. And yet this and the Browns giving up a third rounder for a few games of Tyrod Taylor suggest otherwise)

2 hours ago, zskins said:

I wanted Keenum and was sad that they got Alex instead because Keenum would have been cheaper to get. The FO and their WIN NOW mentality of one player away from SB prevented long term thinking. Maybe they have learned the hard way and get a year or two rental this time so they can truly find their franchise QB in the draft. :)

Rental... hmmm. Its too obvious. I am thinking we sign a high priced old vet, again.  

Probably Foles at a hefty price; it will be like Reid never left Philly.

57 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I can't believe anyone gave up anything for Flacco. .....

Exactly. Its kinda like Alex Smith needing to go to make room for Mahomes. Baltimore should have had to pay to get rid of Flak.

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Rental... hmmm. Its too obvious. I am thinking we sign a high priced old vet, again.  

Probably Foles at a hefty price; it will be like Reid never left Philly.

Exactly. Its kinda like Alex Smith needing to go to make room for Mahomes. Baltimore should have had to pay to get rid of Flak.

At least Smith was coming off a career year. Flacco has been mediocre at best the past few years.

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Some people around the NFL world have us Redskins going after Foles, which would mean we would be spending 40m on QB'S in 2019, personally I would rather we just paid Smith off and go with McCoy, then draft a QB with our first round pick in 2020. 

HTTR 

Our only hope is that Bruce really does believe in Colt and that the team is close.  If not, I could easily see him selling out the future of the franchise to get a QB like Foles in here now.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Our only hope is that Bruce really does believe in Colt and that the team is close.  If not, I could easily see him selling out the future of the franchise to get a QB like Foles in here now.

I can easily see Bruce doing this. Foles is way too expensive but it would be the Redskins way to over spend for the shiny new toy, and then break it.

The ugly fact is that the Redskins have very little cap space. In order to get a new QB like Foles, they will need to get rid of a lot of other skill players (not that this is a bad idea, especially for the under achieving, high priced ones). What will then happen is we would get better at one position, but the rest of the team is weakened to a point of non-competitiveness.

What this ream needs to do is roll with Colt and find a competent backup on the cheap!

Due to the mis-management of Bruce and Dan, this is our Kobayashi Maru.

7 hours ago, wunderhill said:

Admittedly, all I have seen is this video, it almost looks like he has a sidearm release. Could be wrong 

Yeah, he’s about as raw a prospect as there is, the talent is immense, but so are the issues. I’d prefer to go 0-16 than 7-9 — Justice is all I need. Supposedly he runs a 4.58, he’s got a cannon, I’d rather watch us work with him than watch Colt or pay Tannehill. He’s a lottery ticket - high probably of awful, he’s not projected to be drafted at all.

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

Yeah, he’s about as raw a prospect as there is, the talent is immense, but so are the issues. I’d prefer to go 0-16 than 7-9 — Justice is all I need. Supposedly he runs a 4.58, he’s got a cannon, I’d rather watch us work with him than watch Colt or pay Tannehill. He’s a lottery ticket - high probably of awful, he’s not projected to be drafted at all.

So you are saying we can get him without trading up in the first round?  😂

Archived