Redskins vs Falcons Prediction Thread: Working Man Blasting in the Stadium

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Shoot-out or Slug-Fest? Who wins?

• Redskins
    • Falcons
    • That thing that goes around your neck when you play dress-up { tie }

I’m going to live with my initial prediction of a Falcons 24-20 victory.  However, the more I look at the Falcons, the worse they look to me, particularly on defense.  They are also missing talent.  I’m leaning more towards the Skins scraping out a win, however if they fail to get the passing game going, the alarm of concern should be going off for everyone if it hasn’t already. 

I've been watching cutups of the falcons all morning, and their pass offense has me worried. Lots of quick stuff, lots of timing, play action, etc.

However their OL is weak and our D line SHOULD get to Ryan some.

Defensively they're weak in pretty much all areas.. however they can get after the passer.

This one worries me. Not because the falcons are the saints, but because of Alex and the offense. I'm afraid if we get down a score or two, it will be too much to overcome with Alex, unless he suddenly starts slinging the ball.

On the other hand, they could pound the ball, play the TOP game, get a TO or two and be up 21-3 at the half.

I predicted earlier skins win 24-17 and am sticking by it.

Has Dan Quinn really turned the Falcons passing offense around from last year? Seems so ...

Im torn ... jaded skins fan thinks Ryan is smart enough to utilize the quick passing game to neutralize our pass rush like Colts did.

Will Manusky and Gray be prepared? 

edit - another consideration .. does the falcons D create pressure so Alex feels uncomfortable and passing game becomes even more inconsistent? 

Falcons 27

Skins 16

So, last week i predicted a garbage and low scoring game with a win for the Redskins. This week we will see Alex Breakout-Game ! 30:27 with two Passing TD (Reed and Davis), one rushing TD (Adrian Peterson) and 3 Field Goals.

HTTR !!!

Unfortunately is going to be nice and sunny on Sunday, while Monday and Tuesday next week is going to be raining.  would love to have had sloppy conditions on Sunday, slow down that Atlanta passing game.  So the more I look into Atlanta's issues the more I think we have a decent chance.  its almost certain they will try to get the ball out fast because they are hurting on the OL.  They don't have that strong of a running game, however we need to be careful and make sure we stop whatever running game they try to have very early.  They we can pin our ears back and rush Matt Ice.  He can be forced to make mistakes for sure.  This is a must win game to put even more pressure on the Eagles because if we win we are two games ahead of them.

This is a big test right here.  I was going to ask how their O line was because our ability to win is going to be pressuring Ryan upfront to affect his timing and hopefully have him make some mistakes.  So @TheGreek1973 answered that one.  That is critical IMO.  Looking at the comparison stats we have a big chance if we can force a couple turnovers in this game.    

I still think it is up to Gruden to get Smith more comfortable. And I think he has been trying.  Maybe roll him out more consistently with some vintage screens to CT and Reed?  It is not going to be an easy game.  I know the parity in the league makes that difficult anyhow, yet good teams tend at times to pull away in the 4th quarter with decent QB play.  This is why I think some of us, particularly myself,  are flat after a win because of how ****ty our offense is.   Your just waiting for the letdown unfortunately because you know a key cog in your system is malfunctioning and your stuck with for the next few years.  Logic says how long can we keep squeezing by like this.  The trajectory in November needs to be upward at this juncture.  

I don't see us winning this game unless Smith moves the ball and gets us into the EZ if we are 5-10 yards out.

Redskins 24

Falcons 23

This is the test that we need. Our D has absolutely shut down run-first teams, but has shown weakness vs pass-first teams. Idk how much Dix will play, but hopefully our front 7 continues to come up big... and Manusky learns from his mistake last week and has Norman shadow Julio. HTTR.

I have to stay the course to keep the streak going, what that being said.

Atlanta abandons the run from the getgo but their passing game shreds our secondary.

We're able to run the ball but Ty has an off game in place of Trent and we have issues with pass pro.

Atlanta 23

Skins 20

Would love to see a win, BUT, I believe that ATL will be desperate to get to .500 and save their season.

We have a tendency to let off the gas when we have a lead.

With Williams out, I suspect that our lack of OL depth is going to bite us and we will be unable to move the ball effectively. This will force Smith to be more aggressive and 1 of 2 things will happen. Either our Passing game will ignite and we are looking at a route, or  we will see a couple of turnovers and our D on the field too long.

If this is HHCD's first game we will see a couple of communication errors and give up a few TD's. 

We see 2 season ending injuries on the DL and also lose AP for 3-5 weeks.

Gruden gets fired after we loose the next 4 in a row, and Guice decides to retire from football in the offseason.

Sorry gang it's either the wheels come off in a 38 - 13 Atlanta thrashing, or Alex finds magic and we have 2 WR with 80+ yards and 3 total TDs, and one of our TE's score a TD along with a RB catching one as well in a 42 - 10 route.

No in-between. 

4 hours ago, jbird said:

Would love to see a win, BUT, I believe that ATL will be desperate to get to .500 and save their season.

We have a tendency to let off the gas when we have a lead.

With Williams out, I suspect that our lack of OL depth is going to bite us and we will be unable to move the ball effectively. This will force Smith to be more aggressive and 1 of 2 things will happen. Either our Passing game will ignite and we are looking at a route, or  we will see a couple of turnovers and our D on the field too long.

If this is HHCD's first game we will see a couple of communication errors and give up a few TD's. 

We see 2 season ending injuries on the DL and also lose AP for 3-5 weeks.

Gruden gets fired after we loose the next 4 in a row, and Guice decides to retire from football in the offseason.

Sorry gang it's either the wheels come off in a 38 - 13 Atlanta thrashing, or Alex finds magic and we have 2 WR with 80+ yards and 3 total TDs, and one of our TE's score a TD along with a RB catching one as well in a 42 - 10 route.

No in-between. 

This will unironically happen.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:49 AM, crabbypatty said:

I've been watching cutups of the falcons all morning, and their pass offense has me worried. Lots of quick stuff, lots of timing, play action, etc.

However their OL is weak and our D line SHOULD get to Ryan some.

Defensively they're weak in pretty much all areas.. however they can get after the passer.

This one worries me. Not because the falcons are the saints, but because of Alex and the offense. I'm afraid if we get down a score or two, it will be too much to overcome with Alex, unless he suddenly starts slinging the ball.

On the other hand, they could pound the ball, play the TOP game, get a TO or two and be up 21-3 at the half.

I predicted earlier skins win 24-17 and am sticking by it.

Gruden should attack their biggest weakness and keep attacking it until they prove they can stop it.

He can mix it up a little, but if they can't stop the run, keep at it; when they finally commit to stopping the run, go right over the top to a TE for hopefully a huge gain or score.

If he tries to play big shot and tries to go after their strength, he may get stubborn and keep trying until it does work. By that time we could be down a score or two.

They have no run game and they will be forced to sit back and throw. They will throw a lot of screens and they will score. Our defense will force turnovers to offset production. Their defense will stack the box and force Alex to throw more but Jordan reed goes off..

Us 34

Them 30

Sunday is looking a bit rough with Trent being out and also Crowder and CT. Atlanta coming off a Bye trying to get back to .500. It’s gonna be a really tough game. This is a Super Bowl team just 2 years ago. 

They are however really susceptible in two areas that we happen to be really strong at. Their Oline has played below average thus far, our Dline has be stellar. Their Defense has been pushed around quite a bit, in both the pass and the run.  They give up 30pts/g  and over 30 min of TOP, and 419.4yds/game. We’ve shown the ability to control the control the clock and pound the run and short passing game.

From the Skins players and coaches BELIEF is in the air.  It’s a powerful thing, Which hasn’t been felt around here for a min. If we could build on our expectation of winning with continued actual wins, it can build into something special.

If we win this, no matter how, I think we are a real contender this year.

The X factor could be Alex Smith who has yet to really put it all together and have a great game. ??Here is to us finding our way to Victory! HTTR..

I don't think this team matches up well with quick strike high powered passing offenses like the Falcons can be. Our defense is very good but those teams are going to eventually score on you these days, almost no matter how good your D is...it's mostly inevitable, especially with playmakers like Atlanta has. If the Falcons offense is on this game, we may end up having to be in a shootout. And unless our offense suddenly clicks we'll lose that. If the D balls out like crazy and gets lots of pressure on Ryan and some turnovers that can be mitigated to a point. But IMO the bottom line is that ultra conservative ball control offense is unlikely to win this game. Yeah the Falcons defense is pretty putrid but so is our offense. I have a feeling that Gruden's play it safe style is going to bite him in the ass.

Unfortunately going with Falcons 27, Skins 13

19 hours ago, skinsmania123 said:

This is a big test right here.  I was going to ask how their O line was because our ability to win is going to be pressuring Ryan upfront to affect his timing and hopefully have him make some mistakes.  So @TheGreek1973 answered that one.  That is critical IMO.  Looking at the comparison stats we have a big chance if we can force a couple turnovers in this game.    

I still think it is up to Gruden to get Smith more comfortable. And I think he has been trying.  Maybe roll him out more consistently with some vintage screens to CT and Reed?  It is not going to be an easy game.  I know the parity in the league makes that difficult anyhow, yet good teams tend at times to pull away in the 4th quarter with decent QB play.  This is why I think some of us, particularly myself,  are flat after a win because of how ****ty our offense is.   Your just waiting for the letdown unfortunately because you know a key cog in your system is malfunctioning and your stuck with for the next few years.  Logic says how long can we keep squeezing by like this.  The trajectory in November needs to be upward at this juncture.  

I don't see us winning this game unless Smith moves the ball and gets us into the EZ if we are 5-10 yards out.

How can anybody be flat after a loss?  Especially after 3 wins in a row.  How long do you have to win consecutively for you to not feel flat after a win?  Ravens fans went through this 18 years ago.  Kept winning games over and over even when the offense couldn’t even score.  A win is a win.

Archived